NYT: Will the Economy Favor Biden or Trump? Paul Krugman Weighs In.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Will the Economy Favor Biden or Trump? Paul Krugman Weighs In.

He joins the hosts to talk inflation, bad vibes, and how voters will respond in November.
link: Paul Krugman Weighs In.

Paul Krugman Biden Trump.png

link: Will the Economy Favor Biden or Trump? Paul Krugman Weighs In.

Nobel Laureate, Paul Krugman, is a very bright guy. He's an honest man as he has owned his own errors and does not hide the fact that he chose long ago to become a partisan fighting against serious partisan economic arguments put forth by the right for far too long -- unchallenged.

Paul is usually right on the money in his opinions, and in his facts he is rarely ever debunked.

michelle cottle
And debate the politics, and I know we all have opinions on this one. So let’s start with the voters. Why do we think that people on both sides are a little bit pessimistic?

carlos lozada
Yeah, I mean I think Paul mentioned the partisan gap in the way we think about the economy. And that means that, to some extent, your views on the economy depend on whether your party, your favorite politicians are in office. That seems to be stronger for Republicans than for Democrats whose views tend to track a little more with the actual economic indicators.

But I think there’s a way in which even a nominally strong economy can still have you feeling pessimistic. I just — I mean, I just look at my own circumstances. I have a good job with a good salary. But I’m scared that AI is going to kill that good job and that my good salary will never be enough to pay three college tuitions that are facing me down, you know.

And so I think there are ways in which you can look at positive current conditions and still be concerned about long-term economic prospects. And that can cloud that vision.

michelle cottle
So the anticipation of trouble down the road. So it’s not that people aren’t necessarily responding rationally, they’re just looking at the longer term?

carlos lozada
I’m just saying that those are rational concerns, right, depending on your time horizon.

paul krugman
My last newsletter was called “Believing is Seeing,” and it’s definitely the case that a lot of voters’ perceptions of the economy and of other stuff are very much based upon what they think, based on their politics, should be true rather than what’s actually going on. And it’s really clear in the economic data. It’s really clear on views on crime.

Now, should everybody be feeling happy and comfortable and at no risk? No, of course, not. There is — I mean, could technology come for your job? Yes, of course, it could. I guess my question there is always, when has that not been true? Technology doesn’t have to be AI. It doesn’t have to be robots. It can be anything. But it’s hard to really think that the amount of risk and uncertainty is greater now than it’s been pretty much since the Industrial Revolution.

ross douthat
I mean, I think it’s worth speaking up for the theory that I know Paul disagrees with, to some extent, that people just really don’t like inflation in a way that lingers in polling data and people’s perceptions of the economy, even after the headline number inflation rate has come down.

He joins the hosts to talk inflation, bad vibes, and how voters will respond in November.

View attachment 907272

Nobel Laureate, Paul Krugman, is a very bright guy. He's an honest man as he has owned his own errors and does not hide the fact that he chose long ago to become a partisan fighting against serious partisan economic arguments put forth by the right for far too long -- unchallenged.

Paul is usually right on the money in his opinions, and in his facts he is rarely ever debunked.

1708729531008.png

Polling points to favoring Trump.

Biden is doing a bad job. That helps Trump.
The Biden campaign has taken to mocking Trump’s money struggles. :auiqs.jpg:

The Billionaire who was supposed to be willing and able to fund his own campaign, owning no one but the people who voted for him. Now and then owes his big donors more than he owns the MAGA crowd.

Just this week, he pulled in more than $10 million in private events in Nashville and in Greenville, S.C., following an event at his Mar-a-Lago Club last week that drew nearly 1,000 people. On recent visits to Las Vegas, he has dined with the late businessman Sheldon Adelson’s widow, Miriam, in recent months, hoping she will repeat her family’s history of spending heavily for the Republican nominee. He has also courted Robert Bigelow, a Nevada real estate magnate who gave $20 million to the former presidential effort of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) before switching sides.

Lobbyist!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian Ballard, a top Florida lobbyist who also has close ties to DeSantis, recently met with Trump and plans to raise major dollars for the former president. Several major DeSantis donors have started giving to Trump in recent weeks.

Blaming others -- again!!!!!!!!!!
“I didn’t realize that was my job,” Trump said, according to Timmons. “I didn’t have the best lawyers, but we’ll have lawyers in every state this time.”

The Biden campaign has taken to mocking Trump’s money struggles. :auiqs.jpg:

The Billionaire who was supposed to be willing and able to fund his own campaign, owning no one but the people who voted for him. Now and then owes his big donors more than he owns the MAGA crowd.

Just this week, he pulled in more than $10 million in private events in Nashville and in Greenville, S.C., following an event at his Mar-a-Lago Club last week that drew nearly 1,000 people. On recent visits to Las Vegas, he has dined with the late businessman Sheldon Adelson’s widow, Miriam, in recent months, hoping she will repeat her family’s history of spending heavily for the Republican nominee. He has also courted Robert Bigelow, a Nevada real estate magnate who gave $20 million to the former presidential effort of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) before switching sides.

Lobbyist!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian Ballard, a top Florida lobbyist who also has close ties to DeSantis, recently met with Trump and plans to raise major dollars for the former president. Several major DeSantis donors have started giving to Trump in recent weeks.

Blaming others -- again!!!!!!!!!!
“I didn’t realize that was my job,” Trump said, according to Timmons. “I didn’t have the best lawyers, but we’ll have lawyers in every state this time.”

How's old Pedo Peter doing?
Still getting 10% for the Big Guy?

Has Krugman admitted that his trillion dollar coin idea was retarded?
Hey Loser! Please try and keep up. Stop regurgitating bs, and try and seek out facts yourself.

Nobel laureate Paul Krugman says yes, Biden could mint a $1 trillion coin to avert the debt ceiling—but there’s a better option out there​

and...

Yoohoo! Over here you yahoo...

Krugman can admit when he makes mistake.

I am glad Kudlow was able to do that recently.
Kudlow only admktted that the stock market numbers are up. He is a big investor....for him that's good. Aside from the fact that it's only a handful of companies holding the stock market up bottom lines do not translate into wealth for Main Street.

The economy will favor Trump.
That doesn't necessarily mean he'll get elected.... But a lot of people who vote this time around are going to be voting their wallets which are on fire and empty.

The next problem will be if Trump does get in what will he do to change that situation.
He may not be able to do anything.

Jo

Hey Loser! Please try and keep up. Stop regurgitating bs, and try and seek out facts yourself.

Nobel laureate Paul Krugman says yes, Biden could mint a $1 trillion coin to avert the debt ceiling—but there’s a better option out there​

and...

Yoohoo! Over here you yahoo...

So he hasn't admitted that it was a retarded idea.

So he supported a retard idea. Big difference.
Minting a one trillion dollar coin? Lol....yeah...set up for the largest money correction in modern history ....that's what would be the eventual result.
It's throwing away the future for ten minutes of security.

View attachment 907272

:th_Back_2_Topic_2:

Krugman is a magnet for the kooks on the right.
:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back