I challenge a liberal to defend this from Air America

musicman said:
You're so right, Avatar. And, human beings, being imperfect, seldom enjoy the luxury of addressing themselves to what is "ideal". Yet, liberals reserve their harshest judgement exclusively for America. If we yet save the world, we'll catch hell for not having done it fast enough. Think of how many people suffered while we were dragging our feet!

I know what you mean. However, the problem wont be that America dragged its feet. The problem is that liberals are trying to do everything they can to prevent us from acting.

WELCOME TO STEVE KANGAS' WEB PAGE!

You are guest number (unknown) on this mirror.

Steve Kangas apparently died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

http://mirrors.korpios.org/resurgent/

Hmmm, the author of the site cited by chagin killed himself. Hmmm, not sure I would use this authority to defend anything, hmmm :huh:

manu1959 said:
In order to win over the hearts and minds of the Iraqis, we must show compasion; we must put their lives above ours, for that is the Christian way.

good point that worked quite well during the crusades, salem witch trials and spanish inquisistion :sausage: :baby:

No, those were example of what happens when we impose our WILL upon others using force.

Pope Urban II started the Crusades because he decided to declare them (the Muslims) as the unbelievers. Little did he know that the info he was given was handed to him by jealous Christians who'd had visited the middle east and found out that the muslims were getting rich off their trade routes.

The crusades was not about "GOD", it was about money; The tragedy of the first battles lies within the fact that most of the Christians that were killed were the ones that lived in the area and had worked with the muslims in harmony. Compasion could not be tolerated; any Christian that sides with the muslims must die.

The Spanish inquisistion and the salem witch trials are unrelated because bigotry and paranioal played more of a factor; in layman's terms, you were killed because they were scared and they'd hated you; those incidents sounded more like an episode of Desperate Housewives. However, "GOD" was still the "excuse" behind the murders.

Son, if you're going to challenge me; please post your facts in a manner that show me that you know what you're talking about.

Yurt said:
First of "POP" I aint your son. Second, you failed to answer my challenge, that is, defend the statement. You started out attempting to defend it, then you agreed with me at the end, yet failed to amend your answer.

But isn't that the liberal way....You speak in circles and end with "Can't we all just get along?"

hylandrdet said:
Pope Urban II started the Crusades because he decided to declare them (the Muslims) as the unbelievers. Little did he know that the info he was given was handed to him by jealous Christians who'd had visited the middle east and found out that the muslims were getting rich off their trade routes.

The crusades was not about "GOD", it was about money; The tragedy of the first battles lies within the fact that most of the Christians that were killed were the ones that lived in the area and had worked with the muslims in harmony. Compasion could not be tolerated; any Christian that sides with the muslims must die.

Son, if you're going to challenge me; please post your facts in a manner that show me that you know what you're talking about.

ACtually Pops, the Crusades were a combination of the Muslims attacking Christian caravans in the Holy Land and the Pope looking to channel the agression of European lords fighting over territory.

Maybe you should follow your own advice.

Doc Holiday said:
ACtually Pops, the Crusades were a combination of the Muslims attacking Christian caravans in the Holy Land and the Pope looking to channel the agression of European lords fighting over territory.

Maybe you should follow your own advice.

I think the Crusades being used as a "gotcha!" towards Christians to counter Muslim wars on infidels, is a real stretch.

For one thing.........what the Crusaders did was no even condoned or scriptural by Christ. Now the terror and murder of non Muslims..........is scripturally supported in the Quran...........regretably.

Many have done horrific acts in the name of the church, yet that does not classify them as true followers of Christ. The enemies of Christianity such as Hydralet......have always used acts such as these to brand all Christians or Christianity as "bad". I.E............when someone claims to be doing God's work and bombs an Abortion clinic.

The early church fathers.........such as Augustine, and Luther.........would have turned over in their graves at the actions committed in the Crusades.

Now the intent of Islam is to convert all through any means. Those that refuse conversion are not permitted to exist. You will not find that in Christ's teaching........In fact in Christian doctrine.........all that refuse to embrace Christ.............are not left to man's judgement but their creator's. Islam, lacks compassion, love, and forgiveness........."It's my way or the plank!"

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

Considering that the Muslim armies were on the attack starting in the 7th century and the Crusades didn't start until the 11th Century, I think we can figure out who started what.

hylandrdet said:

Actually, it was the Byzantines (SP??) who appealed to Urban for help. True he did inspire many in Europe to go and fight the Muslims, but it was Byzantines who felt threatened by the Muslims in the ME.

Forum List

Back