There Is A Conspiracy To Keep Me From Painting My House...AND I'VE HAD IT!!!

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
And EVERYBODY is in on it! Friends, Family, Neighbors, Even the Jahova wittnesses are in on it...EVEN KITTY!

Every time I get ready to paint & have all things in place...somebody calls or "drops by" unannounced. But I'm on to these bastards! They don't thunk I know what they're doing...but I know!

They're trying to stop me from painting my house and I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF IT!

This has been going on all summer but this morning was just another example.

I had everything set up to start painting early...I'm just about to go out to stir the paint and Kitty decides she NEEDS luvinz right there and then!

OK...so I give her some luvinz...tell her how good she is and how pretty she is...and I'm out the door. I get the paint stirred & poured into the tray...I get into position and actually start painting and hear a horn honking.

It's 8 am on a friggan saturday morning...who the hell is honking? It's my brother-in-law and he wants to kill an hour or so with small talk.

I said "hi" and then stopped responding to him...Just kept painting. He talked for a while but figured out I would say no more & he left.

After that I heard my phone ringing a few times and the doorbell rang atleast once.

Glad I chained the fence gate closed or they would have infiltrated my back yard at stopped me for sure!

The bastards! :D

When I see somebody mowing their yard or plowing their snow or painting their house...I DON'T BOTHER THEM!

WTF is with people? Don't they have eyes?

Not to mention...paint goes bad after not too long. It starts drying and gets too thick to use.

And I'm running out of summer. HEYYYY...great time to come & bother me at 8 friggan am on a saturday morning!

And EVERYBODY is in on it! Friends, Family, Neighbors, Even the Jahova wittnesses are in on it...EVEN KITTY!

Every time I get ready to paint & have all things in place...somebody calls or "drops by" unannounced. But I'm on to these bastards! They don't thunk I know what they're doing...but I know!

I had everything set up to start painting early...I'm just about to go out to stir the paint and Kitty decides she NEEDS luvinz right there and then!

OK...so I give her some luvinz...tell her how good she is and how pretty she is...and I'm out the door. I get the paint stirred & poured into the tray...I get into position and actually start painting and hear a horn honking.

It's 8 am on a friggan saturday morning...who the hell is honking? It's my brother-in-law and he wants to kill an hour or so with small talk.

I said "hi" and then stopped responding to him...Just kept painting. He talked for a while but figured out I would say no more & he left.

After that I heard my phone ringing a few times and the doorbell rang atleast once.

Glad I chained the fence gate closed or they would have infiltrated my back yard at stopped me for sure!

are you sure they arent there to help but to embarrassed to say so??

try putting a paint brush in their hand and see what happens,,

Just tell them "Hey, you came over to help me paint my house? How nice of you!"

Then hand them a brush or a roller, sit back on a lawn chair, sip a beer, and supervise. :laughing0301:

Did you pick some crazy paint color?

I spent over $5000 to make sure I didn't have to paint my house again.
All my windows have been replaced with steel double-pane gas-filled windows....and all of the eaves are permanent siding. The rest of the house is brick.
I just replaced my back door which is connected to my new covered back deck. I have to stain my deck pretty soon, but that's not like painting the house, which I used to have to do every other year.

Did you pick some crazy paint color?
Pink is a popular color these days.

proxy-image.jpgsfsfsf.jpg

That is why our shutters are faded out. I refuse to pain them as long as the old man across the road is still alive. Last time I did he literally stood there the entire time telling me all the colors they have been before and debating "what exactly is that color you are using"

I have to sand everything first before I seal it. Wax on...Wax off.

That's what I've been doing with the walls of my house. Wondered why I was developing another cough until I realized it was all the friggan dust I was inhaling.

Forum List

Back