I challenge a liberal to defend this from Air America

Cameron said:
I heard many school teachers who didn't like Bush as Governor complain because he made them work harder. They actually had to teach!!

Holy crap how totally insensitive! I mean how dare President Bush make teachers actually teach. We all know they are just there to have a cozy job and get summers off. i mean holy crap what is this world coming to when people actually have to teach.

Cameron said:
:trolls: Why do we even try to argue withthe far-left? We will never change their minds. If this country should get attacked again, they'll say it was Bush's fault for not protecting us better. Bush will be blamed by them for everything. But ya know what???
Bush doesn't care because he is the President of the United States and is going to keep on keeping on. I'm from Texas, and a Democratic county. I heard many school teachers who didn't like Bush as Governor complain because he made them work harder. They actually had to teach!!

Now it's our fault the terrorists are killing people????? I suppose it was our fault they attacked the Twin Towers? Thank God Clinton wasn't president when that happened!

A question: Where is the fine line drawn between free speech and traitorism? Or isn't there one any more? :bang3:

Why do we even try to argue with the Far Left?

Because to NOT argue and confront their seditious idiocy would be like tacit agreement. If we don't confront it, it will just allow them to spread their lies and get stronger. Every time we challenge the Far Left scum we learn how to express our ideas better and get stronger and learn how to promote the true ideals of America. We need to expose them for what they are every time we get a chance. It's how we can defend America from The Enemy Within (a Michael Savage term).

Cameron said:
:trolls: Why do we even try to argue withthe far-left?

Because you have nothing better to do.

Now it's our fault the terrorists are killing people????? I suppose it was our fault they attacked the Twin Towers? Thank God Clinton wasn't president when that happened!

I am not saying that it is all our fault but we sure had a hand in it.I hate to say it but what goes around comes around. Do you think that we are not guilty for all the bad things that we have done to other countries? Example: putting in dictators after getting rid of rulers through CIA sponsored coups.

chagan said:
Because you have nothing better to do.

I am not saying that it is all our fault but we sure had a hand in it.I hate to say it but what goes around comes around. Do you think that we are not guilty for all the bad things that we have done to other countries? Example: putting in dictators after getting rid of rulers through CIA sponsored coups.

Yeah...because...you know...having Soviet Client Dicators would have been a much more preferable alternative. It sucks. But welcome to the Real World.

If you wanna beleive the terrorists have a legitimate argument, whatever. I have tired of trying to get liberals to support their own country. I think it a lost cause.

theim said:
Yeah...because...you know...having Soviet Client Dicators would have been a much more preferable alternative. It sucks. But welcome to the Real World.

If you wanna beleive the terrorists have a legitimate argument, whatever. I have tired of trying to get liberals to support their own country. I think it a lost cause.

I do support my country but we are slightly at fault with this. To a lot of countries we are the bad guys. Do you not think that some other country we have attacked thinks that they are not at fault for the attack? What would you tell them?

I tell them tough shit, next time you have a beef with us talk it over instead of supporting terror groups.

theim said:
I tell them tough shit, next time you have a beef with us talk it over instead of supporting terror groups.

Did we always talk it over with these countries' governments before we attacked them?

chagan said:
Did we always talk it over with these countries' governments before we attacked them?

Helooooo! We gave both Afganistan and Iraq chances to avoid war just by simply handing over OBL and stepping down from position of dictator, respectivly. I'll just assume you forgot.

theim said:
Helooooo! We gave both Afganistan and Iraq chances to avoid war just by simply handing over OBL and stepping down from position of dictator, respectivly. I'll just assume you forgot.

I am talking about other countries that we have attacked for no reason other than to get rid of their rulers and put dictators in their place.

Sir Evil, one of your fellow posters said the same thing that I did. They said, "I tell them tough shit, next time you have a beef with us talk it over instead of supporting terror groups." Is that not appeasement? :mad:

BTW, some people think that we are a terrorist group. Do you think that they don't?

chagan said:
I am talking about other countries that we have attacked for no reason other than to get rid of their rulers and put dictators in their place.

Sir Evil, one of your fellow posters said the same thing that I did. They said, "I tell them tough shit, next time you have a beef with us talk it over instead of supporting terror groups." Is that not appeasement? :mad:

BTW, some people think that we are a terrorist group. Do you think that they don't?

what countries have we attacked for no reason other than to replace their dictators with dictators?

chagan said:

1) Painting with a pretty broad brush here and some grand strokes to go with it. What countries have we attacked for no reason other than to get rid of their rulers and replace them with dictators? Specifics please. In my opinion, things are not usually that simple.

2) Laying out conditions for negotiation or action is not necessarily appeasement....

Greece — President Truman requests military aid to Greece to support right-wing forces fighting communist rebels. For the rest of the Cold War, Washington and the CIA will back notorious Greek leaders with deplorable human rights records.

That is one such instance. Please go here to see what else our "good" CIA operatives have helped us do.

http://mirrors.korpios.org/resurgent/CIAtimeline.html

chagan said:

Greece — President Truman requests military aid to Greece to support right-wing forces fighting communist rebels. For the rest of the Cold War, Washington and the CIA will back notorious Greek leaders with deplorable human rights records.

That is one such instance. Please go here to see what else our "good" CIA operatives have helped us do.

Why don't you compare your list to the list of countries we have invaded and that now have free governments and duly elected officials? You have to go back to the cold war to find a couple of examples (and very poor examples at that) to try and support your claim. It is obvious you are ignorant (actually, probably just STUPID) and you need to study things more broadly instead of picking narrow viewpoints to support your narrow views.

chagan said:
Then go google it if you don't believe me. :bangheads

you make the claim, you must present the evidence. you liberals are so weak when it comes to producing facts.

chagan said:

You forgot to mention (as does the source you cite) that Greece requested assistance from the US. The source you cite also fails to mention the conditions that existed in the time frame used as an example. I use the site below that offers an opposing view (I figured Yale would be liberal enough for your taste to be considered a credible source).

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/trudoc.htm

In almost every case, there was a request for assistance from the host nation. I can think of one exception: The failed invasion of Cuba at the Bay of Pigs.

I have to question the liberal mindset when they fail to understand why the United States might support a dictatorship might be better than not supporting one and allowing a totalitarian regime to arise.

in the Cold War we had to defeat the Soviets. If we failed, we would live in a world without freedom. I would say having alliances with dictators, is preferable having open enemies of a totalitarian regime. Look what happened when we failed to support our ally in Iran. We instead got a regime is more ruthless and is incredibly hostile to us.

But then im not a liberal. i can look at a situation and realize its better for us to support dictators and thereby have a chance to pressure them to reform than it is to having openly hostile totalitarian regimes. Neither of which is the ideal situation.

I have to question the liberal mindset when they fail to understand why the United States might support a dictatorship might be better than not supporting one and allowing a totalitarian regime to arise.

in the Cold War we had to defeat the Soviets. If we failed, we would live in a world without freedom. I would say having alliances with dictators, is preferable having open enemies of a totalitarian regime. Look what happened when we failed to support our ally in Iran. We instead got a regime is more ruthless and is incredibly hostile to us.

But then im not a liberal. i can look at a situation and realize its better for us to support dictators and thereby have a chance to pressure them to reform than it is to having openly hostile totalitarian regimes. Neither of which is the ideal situation.

You're so right, Avatar. And, human beings, being imperfect, seldom enjoy the luxury of addressing themselves to what is "ideal". Yet, liberals reserve their harshest judgement exclusively for America. If we yet save the world, we'll catch hell for not having done it fast enough. Think of how many people suffered while we were dragging our feet!

Forum List

Back