I am Groot!

An upside down Flag indicates disrespect and surrender.

It is also a distress signal, and our nation is definitely in distress under this regime in just about every facet of its existence.

Thus the flag is being used properly, respectfully and it has nothing to do with surrender at all. In fact, it is quite the opposite, a symbol of awareness of what is happening and of resistance to that disruption of our Republic.

An upside down Flag indicates disrespect and surrender. Can the defeatist rhetoric or go someplace else.

No it does not.
Read our flag code.
Flag Code
Sec. 8.a
The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

An upside down Flag indicates disrespect and surrender. Can the defeatist rhetoric or go someplace else.

No it does not.
Read our flag code.
Flag Code
Sec. 8.a
The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

And we ARE in dire distress.

Just saw your post. I just said the same in mine. We truly are a nation in distress but most Americans are so busy watching football, smoking legal pot, drinking Martinis, or playing video games that they're oblivious to the fact.

Actually I'd say an inverted flag means only distress. A burning flag means disrespect :)

There may be an instance with burning a flag is the correct action to take if it's done in a respectful manner. I used to live in southern California. I made deliveries in the "illegal alien" part of town and found numerous American flags with cigarette burns and footprints on them. They would just be laying in the dirt. I would pick them up, take them home, and burn them in private because I believed that tossing them in the trash was more disrespectful than burning them. Now burning them in a public display and purposely as a sign of disrespect is reprehensible (IMHO).

When is it a appropriate to burn the flag

Forum List

Back