Human Health + For Profit (Privatized Healthcare) = Liability Murder (A Case Discussion)

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
And you thought government healthcare was the big menace...!

A few of you are already familiar with this account from posts at another thread or two. But I think it deserves its own discussion. The myth we're being told is "government healthcare is a failure while private healthcare is a success!" But folks, what oversight does the public have in the dark caverns and practices of the private healthcare for-profit INDUSTRY? The judge, jury and executioners of my family member were three people on a hospital administrative board. I think that's too much power concentrated in one spot, without public oversight. Read my account below and you be the judge...

I know a private hospital who assisted in murdering a family member of mine...knowingly...as the patient asked to be spared from his bed. I'm not lying. It was an HMO that skated the thin ice on knowing the patient wanted to live, but had a legal loophole to secure his doom in the form of his conniving spouse who had retained power of attorney over him. The administrators were called into this situation. Ultimately I'm sure the bottom line of continuing to cover this man's health issues weighed in to spell his untimely doom in favor of the asshole who had power of attorney over him: commanding his death while he protested in language clear enough for all to understand.

The method of his death was sepsis from a bladder infection...where he spent four days dying, drowning in his own fluids, gasping for breath...for the want of...simple IV antibiotics...all because he had Alzheimers (or addling/exacerbated by the toxins of constant bladder infections they weren't treating properly) and his spouse had no more use for him; his situation was cutting into her expectations of inheriting all of his assets. Yes, a hospital actually agreed to do this. BTW, if any attorneys are out there reading, I'd like to hear from you. Police and elder abuse reports exist to this incident. If you're not sick to your stomach enough over this situation, I'll add that this man was a distinguished military officer. He would've been better off at the VA BY FAR.

Both his grifting power of attorney and the doctors had done an equation in their head: He would be more of a profit to them dead than alive. Think about that for a minute..

Enjoy private for-profit healthcare. Assisted for-profit murders (and the families agreeing because of the estate goodies) will become common fare. They already are. They're called "claims adjusters"...professional "legal" hit-men. Add that to an old person with assets and a scam artist in the family with power of attorney over them and you have murder 1.."legally"..

A citizen's oversight committee would see a situation like that and make heads roll. But if profit was their guiding light, they'd smooth it over and roll on to another scam. And that is exactly what private healthcare does already. There is no reason to ever expect it will stop as long as profit is involved. When you marry profit + human lives, you get what I got in the above account.

We provide taxation for services that save human lives already. Why health is an exception to that is the biggest mafia-type crime there is. We cover fire, police and military; we even offer a coast guard for struggling vessels & people at sea. But for some strange reason when the threat to human life is in the body, suddenly that's a "for profit" industry. Because hey, there's no product you need quite like your own life, right? And they can set any price on that product they like.

Last edited:
Now, we have a way out of this mess. It is Universal Healthcare married to upper classes still having access to for-profit healthcare...if that's the dark road they want to travel.

1. Create revenue for the expansion of medicare to anyone who wants it. Use taxes on each register sale across the country each day on sugars, tobacco & booze. This creates a system where the sick actually are paying for their healthcare. Make the taxes proportionate to value. Article I Section 8 allows us to tax ourselves to provide for our General Welfare.

2. Require a small co-pay at each visit to the Dr. This helps cover actual costs at the visit and provides a disincentive for people overusing the system.

3. Reform malpractice. In the case of what happened to my family member, the malpractice suit is allowed. If Timmy takes his cast off a week early and rebreaks his arm, no malpractice. That wasn't the doctor's fault.

4. Public oversight and auditing with citizen panels will help keep an eye on funny business and scams; also just gross negligence of duties of doctors and staff. Even murder.

We know the benefits of covered citizens, like we already tax to pay for fire, police and military, is a situation that will spur the economy. Employers no longer saddled with for-profit health insurance premiums will be able to hire more. Private payers paying the ransom of the equivalent of a 2nd mortgage will have the money freed up each month to consume more: creating more jobs. Healthcare costs in today's private racket no longer causing most bankruptcies mean more people will be able to afford AND qualify for housing loans. And that market too will recover.

With an expansion of Universal Healthcare, private for-profit mafioso racketeers will be forced to compete with extremely low-cost healthcare. They will cry and moan that they can't possibly do this! Poor things.. :itsok:

It is not any exaggeration at all to say that the private healthcare for-profit industry has singlehandedly done more destruction to our overall economy than any other industry. Except possibly the for-profit war contractors who have been loving, egging on and investing in world conflict so they too can stick their straw in the Treasury.

Last edited:
Think about it. If you ran a business on human health, you'd charge premiums for youngsters as they age. Then when that hefty account is bulging at the seams, what would your incentive be to keep them alive? I'm thinking all the sudden deaths just during or just after chemotherapy is a case study on precisely this point. But drug companies in cahoots with insurers might be tempted to cut the profits and stay quiet about pushing testosterone and estrogen products the World Health Organizations have deemed carcinogenic...especially as you age... And, what do we see pushed 100 times a day on the boob tube? Testosterone erection products for aging men and estrogen "after menopause" lubricant creams. Two deadly products aimed at exactly the age of customers they're most likely to kill.

Yes, private drug manufacturers are in cahoots with private insurers in exactly this "kill the aging" racket. It's just good business strictly speaking. They have to answer to shareholders too.

So, do you like the idea of private healthcare better? Or are you starting to re-think this citizen-oversight stuff with a Universal Healthcare plan?

Last edited:
Well I see the thread has been ranked but what are your stories? Anyone else experience the "for-profit" healthcare blues?

Managed Care, Medical Ethics, and the Killing of Patients for Profit
Managed Care, Medical Ethics, and the Killing of Patients for Profit | Hacienda Publishing
Author:
Lawrence R. Huntoon, MD, PhD
Article Type:
Medical Ethics and Managed Care
Under Section 8.13(3), of the AMA’s Code of Medical Ethics, it states: “When physicians are employed or reimbursed by managed care plans that offer financial incentives to limit care [which is all of them], serious potential conflicts of interest are created between the physician’s personal financial interests and the needs of their patients. Efforts to contain health care costs should not place patient welfare [sic] at risk.” Yet, there are many HMO horror stories that show managed care does place patients’ welfare at risk and the recent JAMA study which showed that the elderly, poor and chronically ill patients treated under Medicare, declines in physical health were twice as common in HMOs as compared to fee-for-service medicine.(3) “Thus, financial incentives are permissible only if they promote the cost-effective delivery of health care and not the withholding of medically necessary care.”

See the prime example of that in the OP. The HMO, near as I can cipher, is the situation where the insurance company is also the doctors that treat you. Your doctor is literally at the same time a "doctor", but primarily a claims-adjuster who only treats you as well as he fears a malpractice suit actually landing teeth. Since HMOs come with a cadre of lawyers getting their back; well...you can see what is going on...

Again and I stress this: when profit is involved in human health, "legitimate murder" will happen under a "doctor's" care.. Long story short, if you're a middle aged or elderly person in an HMO coverage plan, you're basically suicidal. Each year that you age, the chances of your care providers weighing your life against profits goes up...up...up...up...

More:

The AMA’s code of ethics goes on to say “Physicians may satisfy this obligation by assuring that the managed care plan makes adequate disclosure to patients enrolled in the plan.” When was the last time you saw the truth printed in a glitzy managed care brochure — i.e., less care equals more profit?...HMOs are frequently operating in the “take the money and run” mode. The goal is to sign up as many captive Medicaid patients as possible for managed care, take the federal and state money, and tell the patient nothing or as little as possible about how they will actually receive their medical care. The HMO makes tons of money.

Last edited:
And here it is: EXACTLY what happened to my family member...the distinguish military officer...to the letter. (link last post)

One doesn’t have to be a TV doctor-detective to recognize the ingredients for abuse if physician-assisted suicide ever comes to be accepted practice. Realize that physicians will become more vulnerable to manipulation as managed care gains strength and economic credentialing for many becomes a reality. A few terminally ill, high cost elderly with the ‘dwindles’ might make our ‘profile’ look bad. Finally, consider that many life insurance policies have benefits payable upon death and some families may sense the economic benefit to be gained by their loved one’s death sooner rather than later. Added together, these factors combine to make a recipe for disaster, with abuse not only likely but inevitable.(13)

"Physician-assisted suicide" in evident protest of the patient's wishes is what prosecutors call murder.

Even if they aren’t deselected based on high cost profiles, they are routinely punished financially via reduction or elimination of end of year withholds and bonuses. Either way, the physician gets the “message.” As a group, elderly patients cost a lot of money. As HMOs increasingly ratchet down physician reimbursements, a strong financial incentive will be created to “eliminate” these patients who consume more costs than younger, healthier patients. Some will try to rationalize the killing of sick, elderly patients and others under managed care with “quality of life” pronouncements or “futility of care” guidelines, but the reality is that such rationalizations are no different than those used by the Nazis a half century ago...

Last edited:
Boy is this a topic nobody wants to touch! Yet they like it. Odd.

Pay at the window (small co-pay with my citizen oversight & audited system)? Or pay a private insurer to take care of you in your twilight years?...

Differences in 4-year health outcomes for elderly and poor, chronically ill patients treated in HMO and fee-for-service systems. Results from the Medical Outcomes Study.
Ware JE Jr1, Bayliss MS, Rogers WH, Kosinski M, Tarlov AR.Differences in 4-year health outcomes for elderly and poor, chronically ill patients treated in HMO and fee-for-service systems. Results from the M... - PubMed - NCBI

CONCLUSIONS:
OBJECTIVE:

To compare physical and mental health outcomes of chronically ill adults, including elderly and poor subgroups, treated in health maintenance organization (HMO) and fee-for-service (FFS) systems....
CONCLUSIONS: During the study period, elderly and poor chronically ill patients had worse physical health outcomes in HMOs than in FFS systems; mental health outcomes varied by study site and patient characteristics. Current health care plans should carefully monitor the health outcomes of these vulnerable subgroups.

Nobody cares about private for-profit healthcare meaning killing you off as you age to maximize profits? OK..

I read your first posts on this a few days ago and asked if there was a living will for this individual who died. If he was wealthy, and you say he was, then his attorney should have a copy of it along with his estate will.

The for-profit healthcare system billed my brother's insurance for $1.3M after 3.5 years of cancer surgeries, chemo, testing, doctor visits, and finally hospice for 3 days. Insurance companies didn't want to pay most of it, of course. So they come after the survivors, in my case. It's all backwards here in the U.S.

And you thought government healthcare was the big menace...!

A few of you are already familiar with this account from posts at another thread or two. But I think it deserves its own discussion. The myth we're being told is "government healthcare is a failure while private healthcare is a success!" But folks, what oversight does the public have in the dark caverns and practices of the private healthcare for-profit INDUSTRY? The judge, jury and executioners of my family member were three people on a hospital administrative board. I think that's too much power concentrated in one spot, without public oversight. Read my account below and you be the judge...

I know a private hospital who assisted in murdering a family member of mine...knowingly...as the patient asked to be spared from his bed. I'm not lying. It was an HMO that skated the thin ice on knowing the patient wanted to live, but had a legal loophole to secure his doom in the form of his conniving spouse who had retained power of attorney over him. The administrators were called into this situation. Ultimately I'm sure the bottom line of continuing to cover this man's health issues weighed in to spell his untimely doom in favor of the asshole who had power of attorney over him: commanding his death while he protested in language clear enough for all to understand.

The method of his death was sepsis from a bladder infection...where he spent four days dying, drowning in his own fluids, gasping for breath...for the want of...simple IV antibiotics...all because he had Alzheimers (or addling/exacerbated by the toxins of constant bladder infections they weren't treating properly) and his spouse had no more use for him; his situation was cutting into her expectations of inheriting all of his assets. Yes, a hospital actually agreed to do this. BTW, if any attorneys are out there reading, I'd like to hear from you. Police and elder abuse reports exist to this incident. If you're not sick to your stomach enough over this situation, I'll add that this man was a distinguished military officer. He would've been better off at the VA BY FAR.

Both his grifting power of attorney and the doctors had done an equation in their head: He would be more of a profit to them dead than alive. Think about that for a minute..

Enjoy private for-profit healthcare. Assisted for-profit murders (and the families agreeing because of the estate goodies) will become common fare. They already are. They're called "claims adjusters"...professional "legal" hit-men. Add that to an old person with assets and a scam artist in the family with power of attorney over them and you have murder 1.."legally"..

A citizen's oversight committee would see a situation like that and make heads roll. But if profit was their guiding light, they'd smooth it over and roll on to another scam. And that is exactly what private healthcare does already. There is no reason to ever expect it will stop as long as profit is involved. When you marry profit + human lives, you get what I got in the above account.

We provide taxation for services that save human lives already. Why health is an exception to that is the biggest mafia-type crime there is. We cover fire, police and military; we even offer a coast guard for struggling vessels & people at sea. But for some strange reason when the threat to human life is in the body, suddenly that's a "for profit" industry. Because hey, there's no product you need quite like your own life, right? And they can set any price on that product they like.

For profit health care = there is incentive to keep you well. Slave labor health care... well, let's just say the customer is not exactly the target demographic for that.

If someone died in private health care, how about rallying to shut that loop hole, or suing them? Murder is murder FFS. Oh, but that would actually require some effort, let's just overthrow the entire system and give authoritarian control to government, they will fix all!

I read your first posts on this a few days ago and asked if there was a living will for this individual who died. If he was wealthy, and you say he was, then his attorney should have a copy of it along with his estate will.

The for-profit healthcare system billed my brother's insurance for $1.3M after 3.5 years of cancer surgeries, chemo, testing, doctor visits, and finally hospice for 3 days. Insurance companies didn't want to pay most of it, of course. So they come after the survivors, in my case. It's all backwards here in the U.S.
And I told you power of attorney had been "agreed to" by him, transferred to the one who ordered that antibiotics be withheld against his spoken will and protest at the hospital....for four days...until he died fighting to the end to live. And the one who ordered that this occur, immediately stood to inherit without incident, all of his assets upon his death. His spouse, and power of attorney.

For profit health care = there is incentive to keep you well. Slave labor health care... well, let's just say the customer is not exactly the target demographic for that.

If someone died in private health care, how about rallying to shut that loop hole, or suing them? Murder is murder FFS. Oh, but that would actually require some effort, let's just overthrow the entire system and give authoritarian control to government, they will fix all!

There is no slave labor potential in people past their 40s. Read the various posts after the OP for details on this little snag. If you're 40 and are on any type of private healthcare....cross your fingers...because the people holding your policy have crunched the numbers on keeping you around as you predictably age and predictably become more expensive as you do so....

We know for certain that Planned Parenthood was profiting from the sale of human body parts after the full term unborn infants were murdered. If a poster has evidence of a family member having been murdered by a private hospital it's a serious charge and they better realize it.

We know for certain that Planned Parenthood was profiting from the sale of human body parts after the full term unborn infants were murdered. If a poster has evidence of a family member having been murdered by a private hospital it's a serious charge and they better realize it.
This is where citizen oversight comes in....and it worked. Someone busted them. I assure you the atrocities that happened to my family member in the OP go on rampantly without a peek into that racket from the public. Where there are no public funds, a looksie would require a search warrant; not likely granted.

As we speak, millions of elderly people are being "offed" by private for-profit healthcare with extraneous prescriptions they don't need with side effects known to kill; and procedures of being declared "hopeless" and "let to die with a living will" with situations as common as a bacterial infection; like my family member had when they decided to let sepsis run rampant through his body...the easy cure being apparently considered by the HMO treating him as "heroics"... Funny for a man supposedly resigned to die it took him four days under heavy sedation, fighting for every breath to finally succumb..

But his being alive for both his spouse and the HMO affected their profit margin...so...yeah...a bacterial infection was all they needed to "let him go"..with fight still in him... Again, I wouldn't have let a rabid cur die the death he did. But my hands were tied; as the administrative staff of the HMO told me. His wife had the power of attorney over the entire situation. And, stood to profit.

I think there should be a law passed where anyone with the power of attorney over another, even their spouse (especially their spouse in some states where all assets immediately liquidate to the surviving spouse), cannot have that power of attorney if they stand to gain financially from said person's death. And since all for-profit insurance companies have that power especially in HMOs, HMOs should be outlawed, or staffed with an elected citizen's oversight committed with the most stringent rules where if they prematurely pull the plug on someone, the plug gets pulled on their outfit.

Last edited:

Ever tried to sue a corporate entity as powerful as an HMO with a full time staff of vicious attorneys? Not for the faint of heart. And they know they'll win. They'd produce "power of attorney"...and..."He was suffering with Alzheimers and would suffer more!"... and that would be that. There's no "overthrowing" an expansion of medicaid...this time funded in a way that makes sense (See my post #2 here). You make citizen audits and oversight seem so evil. Yet they busted the VA and they busted planned parenthood for gross infractions.

Federal (public) funds means the hospitals and practices get a look over by the public on a regular basis. Private insurance won't let that happen.

Ever tried to sue a corporate entity as powerful as an HMO with a full time staff of vicious attorneys? Not for the faint of heart. And they know they'll win. They'd produce "power of attorney"...and..."He was suffering with Alzheimers and would suffer more!"... and that would be that. There's no "overthrowing" an expansion of medicaid...this time funded in a way that makes sense (See my post #2 here). You make citizen audits and oversight seem so evil. Yet they busted the VA and they busted planned parenthood for gross infractions.

Federal (public) funds means the hospitals and practices get a look over by the public on a regular basis. Private insurance won't let that happen.

This is what you actually believe in... Good one!

Practices will be taken a look at on the free market, where customers will LEAVE to get the best service. People have to compete.

In public service there is no particular reason to improve anything. No interest group except the tax payers would benefit from that. Liberal regressives HATE tax payers... It's unfair that someone has more money than they do.

And so, it's not a mistake that medicaid is in fact funded with your children's forceful servitude. What you call "good funding" could be described as child slavery. Great, your kids will love paying for the 120 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

Forum List

Back