POLL: Do you WANT to heal our divisions?

Do you WANT to see our divisions healed?

• Total voters
We don't compromise with Dem tyrants, we defeat them! Not that compromise was ever an option. Dems have a LONG history of not holding up their end of the compromise while laughing at the rube GOP, we are done with that!
We will see how that works for you.

But this is what I was pointing out earlier. This idiot fucks don't have an ideology (or principles, or consistent values, or anything that might add up to a political philosophy). All they have is "sides".
It's all a football game to magaturds.

lol no, you're not. Quit being silly.

Dblack actually seems to have conservative tendencies, would like minimal government.
Unfortunately he doesn't participate in the system.
(he will deny the 2nd part, he thinks that not participating is the highest form of participation)

It's an asymmetrical situation. They're at war, the rest of us from across the political spectrum are not.

Speaking of "evil", it was a post that used that word this morning that got me thinking about this. They're operating under a "Good vs. Evil" mentality, and yeah, I don't know how to effectively address that.

YOU called US a "cult".

Hello?

I often wonder what Limbaugh, the Father of the Alternate Universe, really thought of what he created.

But yeah, I learned in 2016 that America isn't what I thought it was. I'm over it now, but it sure took a while.

And then you come on here crying that you want to "heal divisions"

Speaking of "evil", it was a post that used that word this morning that got me thinking about this. They're operating under a "Good vs. Evil" mentality, and yeah, I don't know how to effectively address that.

Thinking, thinking -
You could -
Stop supporting evil.

Well, that was easy.

I often wonder what Limbaugh, the Father of the Alternate Universe, really thought of what he created.

But yeah, I learned in 2016 that America isn't what I thought it was. I'm over it now, but it sure took a while.
The only self awarenees that ever crossed Limbaugh's mind was the size of his bank account & how his stock portfolio performed this week.

The guy bitched about his taxes being used to help feed poor kids.

Perhaps those of you that can rise above partisanship can see this isn't about left/right as much as up/down......~S~

I wouldn't go near publicly funded elections. That'll just be another tool for them to control who is allowed to run against them.

Publically funded elections worked brilliantly here. Each taxpayer contributed $2 annually to pay for elections, and the parties divided up the money according to the number of votes received in the election. Individual donations are still allowed. PAC's are not.

The maximum contribution amount is $1700. You can donate $1700 to one party, but not more than $1700 in total to all parties. You can donate $1700 to the party leader, and $1700 to the riding association/local candidates, and you can donate $1700 to an independent candidate. That's it. No PAC's. No big corporate donors. No lobbyists.

Publically funded elections worked brilliantly here. Each taxpayer contributed $2 annually to pay for elections, and the parties divided up the money according to the number of votes received in the election. Individual donations are still allowed. PAC's are not.

The maximum contribution amount is $1700. You can donate $1700 to one party, but not more than $1700 in total to all parties. You can donate $1700 to the party leader, and $1700 to the riding association/local candidates, and you can donate $1700 to an independent candidate. That's it. No PAC's. No big corporate donors. No lobbyists.
Citizens United Vs, the FEC flew in the face of that Dragon ~S~

Your elections aren't saddled with the two-party shitshow that poisons our politics. A parliamentary system generally avoids the worst aspects of partisanship.

Just as they are forever playing games with gerrymandering and other voting rules, partisans here would constantly be looking for a way to tweak funding rules to favor their "side".

Some people say our divisions are not that big a deal, that we've seen them before. Personally I don't think that's true. One thing that concerns me the most is the amount of people who don't seem to WANT our divisions healed. It seems they'd rather have some kind of final, winner-take-all war, thinking the other side can somehow be eliminated.

Do you want to see our divisions healed? It would certainly require communication with people who disagree with you, and you would have to bend somewhat, regardless of where you stand politically.

This question is a joke. no patriot will sit by when one of the party's is willing to bring down our democracy and country to force in a piece of shit for a dictator to stay in power . Maga isn't the other side of the isle , or a group with just a different opinion or the noble opposition, They are by far our democracy and country's biggest threat and enemy. And in fact looking at it in any other way is selling out this country , it's constitution and it's democracy.
Trump when he gets backed into a corner by the courts or losing a election will ask his haters to kill for him and they will. If we come out of this as a democracy, that's democrats winning, then we as a nation have to watch what they call MAGA for the rest of their lives because if they get the chance they will be attacking the capital again chanting to kill this person and that person putting as many cops as they can in the hospital, to take over this country to force another hater like trump in as a dictator. The right will except a dictator to stay in power. I won't.

Forum List

Back