How To Start Real Change

^^^^^^ That policy ended in 1968....which was 50 years ago.

Plenty of time for black people to get their act together and quite blaming the white man for all their problems. .... :cool:

Debating uneducated idiots is tiring. Actually the policy not stop in 1968. The issue remains very much a problem now. The white man will be blamed for what the white man has done. Quit doing it if you don't want to be blamed.
In Southern Sudan, Muslims would attack the local tribes and when asked why they were attacking fellow Muslims, the reason given was, "because they were black and inferior."
Most Asians don't like blacks.
Many Hispanics don't like blacks.
African blacks don't like American blacks.
and yes, of course, some Whites don't like blacks.
As for slavery, slavery has existed across the entire planet and the color of the slaves varied and slavery was officially outlawed in Saudi Arabia in 1962 and in Mauritania in 2007 or 2008, yet it still exists in some areas. In Islam they castrated the black males, hence you didn't see a huge growth of blacks in Islamic nations that weren't black.
Mankind has been primitive for much of its existence and both mankind's past and present continually reflect man's inhumanity towards his fellow man. All we can do is try to rise above hate, prejudice and violence and stop blaming races and instead treat the fellow you encounter, the way he or she treats you.

Plenty of time for black people to get their act together and quite blaming the white man for all their problems. .... :cool:

Debating uneducated idiots is tiring. Actually the policy not stop in 1968. The issue remains very much a problem now. The white man will be blamed for what the white man has done. Quit doing it if you don't want to be blamed.
In Southern Sudan, Muslims would attack the local tribes and when asked why they were attacking fellow Muslims, the reason given was, "because they were black and inferior."
As for slavery, slavery has existed across the entire planet and the color of the slaves varied and slavery was officially outlawed in Saudi Arabia in 1962 and in Mauritania in 2007 or 2008, yet it still exists in some areas. In Islam they castrated the black males, hence you didn't see a huge growth of blacks in Islamic nations that weren't black.
Mankind has been primitive for much of its existence and both mankind's past and present continually reflect man's inhumanity towards his fellow man. All we can do is try to rise above hate, prejudice and violence and stop blaming races and instead treat the fellow you encounter, the way he or she treats you.

Racism can be like a " Weed growing in the flower bed." It can bypass both races and humans , and be as if it is an entity unto itself. A thing that draws its strength from the humans and pulls off of our weaknesses and grows stronger as we pump our ways into it like water. And it just jumps into the humans and blends in with them ; a weird kind of morph that has no mercy. A monster; a spirit that is now in the human. And fits like a glove. And how does this " Thing" think? Well it is now " At One with the human" , so it thinks like the human, but adds its own horror to the strange morph. The weed grows in knowledge and is perverted. It even looks like the human.

The weed is no longer even trying to hide , it manifest itself in whatever ways and means it can. It has a choke hold on humanity. Not all of us, but enough of us.

Just started reading Michael Eric Dyson’s newest book, and it already speaks directly to something I have been thinking for a long time: That white people need to listen to black people. Here’s an excerpt talking about a meeting with some prominent black folks (Horne, Belafonte, Baldwin) and Bobby Kennedy.

“In fact, the brutal battering he suffered at the hands of the Baldwin crew offers an important lesson to white people about how to start real change. And that involves sometimes sitting silently, and finally, as black folks have been forced to do, listening, and listening, and listening, and listening some more.”
Well, Some of us whites HAVE listened. Racism has become a empty accusation. A empty slander. I have seen blacks turn an perfectly innocent situation into a massive racial incident for no obvious reason like drama queens. When someone yells wolf all the time, that tends to strain credulity after a while. And when racism actually occurs, some of us whites might be a tad skeptical. We mumble under our breath, HERE WE GO, AGAIN.

Last edited:
Acceptable blackness is blackness that is acceptable to white Americans, blackness that does not threaten them or make them feel uncomfortable (racist). Barack Obama is a good example. So is Halle Berry, Will Smith, Michael Jordan, any black person in an ad, everyone on “The Cosby Show” and that pretty black woman on the evening news (every big American city seems to have one). Tupac Shakur and Malcolm X are not acceptably black.

Acceptable blacks often talk, dress and act like well-to-do white people. What white senator Joe Biden meant when he said Obama was “articulate and bright and clean”. Being light-skinned helps, but not necessary. So does smiling.

The idea caused something of a dust-up on the Internet in January 2008 when Bob Garfield wrote an article for “Ad Age”. He said Obama was acceptably black, so much so that white racists would love to vote for him to prove to themselves and others that they are not racist. Like having one of those black best friends.

Shark-fu read this and on her blog, Angry Black Bitch, she was, well, angry. She has been hearing this sort of thing most of her life. She grew up going to a white school, speaking proper English and even dressing white. She was acceptably black. White people told her so in so many words.

It made her blood boil:

Acceptable blackness is defined as the absence of overt culture and of difference. It is a level of conformity that requires absolute perfection…

Achieve that perfection and your black ass is acceptable … to a bunch of trigger happy assholes that soothe their privileged guilt by letting you tag along, all the while prepared to lay down harsh and rigid judgment should your perfect mask crack.

She does not like how it is whites, in their little, narrow racist minds, who determine what is “acceptable”; how you have to give up so much of your blackness and pretty much sell out to achieve it.

That is why so many who are “acceptably black” to whites are told by blacks that they are “not black enough”. Speak proper English and listen to rock music and suddenly you are “not black enough”.

But because “acceptable blackness” plays to a white audience and “black enough” to a black one, it is possible to please both.

It is not easy but it is possible: Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Chris Rock, James Earl Jones, Bill Cosby. I would love to know how they do it, but somehow they can put whites at ease with their blackness without having to act white to do it. It is the secret of their success.

Barack Obama, on the other hand, tries to achieve this by striking a balance by acting white but not too white. It is a thin, dangerous line: too many whites are waiting for the mask to crack.

acceptable blackness
Never heard of this, you guys must be up all night making this stuff up.

You do it so you've heard of it.
Sorry, never heard of that. Sounds made up.

IM2 insists that I am a racist.

Yet, I had no desire to vote for that Democrat Asshole Obama, no matter how light skinned he was or well dressed.

Seems to undermine his argument.

Just started reading Michael Eric Dyson’s newest book, and it already speaks directly to something I have been thinking for a long time: That white people need to listen to black people. Here’s an excerpt talking about a meeting with some prominent black folks (Horne, Belafonte, Baldwin) and Bobby Kennedy.

“In fact, the brutal battering he suffered at the hands of the Baldwin crew offers an important lesson to white people about how to start real change. And that involves sometimes sitting silently, and finally, as black folks have been forced to do, listening, and listening, and listening, and listening some more.”
OK, I hate to be such nit picker, but Bobby Kennedy may have been a lot of things, but he certainly wasn't a prominent black person. Of course he wasn't in parentheses and of course he was a rich white man that knew a political cash cow when he saw one.

Last edited:
Acceptable blackness is blackness that is acceptable to white Americans, blackness that does not threaten them or make them feel uncomfortable (racist). Barack Obama is a good example. So is Halle Berry, Will Smith, Michael Jordan, any black person in an ad, everyone on “The Cosby Show” and that pretty black woman on the evening news (every big American city seems to have one). Tupac Shakur and Malcolm X are not acceptably black.

Acceptable blacks often talk, dress and act like well-to-do white people. What white senator Joe Biden meant when he said Obama was “articulate and bright and clean”. Being light-skinned helps, but not necessary. So does smiling.

The idea caused something of a dust-up on the Internet in January 2008 when Bob Garfield wrote an article for “Ad Age”. He said Obama was acceptably black, so much so that white racists would love to vote for him to prove to themselves and others that they are not racist. Like having one of those black best friends.

Shark-fu read this and on her blog, Angry Black Bitch, she was, well, angry. She has been hearing this sort of thing most of her life. She grew up going to a white school, speaking proper English and even dressing white. She was acceptably black. White people told her so in so many words.

It made her blood boil:

Acceptable blackness is defined as the absence of overt culture and of difference. It is a level of conformity that requires absolute perfection…

Achieve that perfection and your black ass is acceptable … to a bunch of trigger happy assholes that soothe their privileged guilt by letting you tag along, all the while prepared to lay down harsh and rigid judgment should your perfect mask crack.

She does not like how it is whites, in their little, narrow racist minds, who determine what is “acceptable”; how you have to give up so much of your blackness and pretty much sell out to achieve it.

That is why so many who are “acceptably black” to whites are told by blacks that they are “not black enough”. Speak proper English and listen to rock music and suddenly you are “not black enough”.

But because “acceptable blackness” plays to a white audience and “black enough” to a black one, it is possible to please both.

It is not easy but it is possible: Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Chris Rock, James Earl Jones, Bill Cosby. I would love to know how they do it, but somehow they can put whites at ease with their blackness without having to act white to do it. It is the secret of their success.

Barack Obama, on the other hand, tries to achieve this by striking a balance by acting white but not too white. It is a thin, dangerous line: too many whites are waiting for the mask to crack.

acceptable blackness

Yet, I had no desire to vote for that Democrat Asshole Obama, no matter how light skinned he was or well dressed.

Would you take the time to explain why you label Obama an asshole?

It made her blood boil:

acceptable blackness

Primarily it was the way he smugly stood back "above it all" while his vile partisans characterized normal partisan opposition as "racism".

It would have been so insanely easy for him to have done so much good, ie by speaking out against that, at no cost to himself,

indeed, massively elevating himself,

instead he let it happen.

Primarily it was the way he smugly stood back "above it all" while his vile partisans characterized normal partisan opposition as "racism".

It would have been so insanely easy for him to have done so much good, ie by speaking out against that, at no cost to himself,

So your blaming Obama for being passive and egotistic ; interesting.

It was "passive", how was it "egotistic"?

Self serving? Yes.

Vile and divisive? Oh yeah.

Regardless you asked why I called him an asshole, and I told you.

It was "passive", how was it "egotistic"?

Self serving? Yes.

Vile and divisive? Oh yeah.

Regardless you asked why I called him an asshole, and I told you.

Well thank you for telling me. I like when people offer explanation to their views.

How to start real change?

Has real change not already occurred?

Funny how you say these things. I have friends who are African. Friends who are Asian and Hispanic. These people don't like how they have been treated by whites. Basically nothing in his qoute applies to real life. I've sat in a world meeting of Africans and African Americans and know this is not true. The issue in America is not what happened in Saudi Arabia. Now what needs to happen is that whites need to take responsibility for what they have done and stop crying about blame.

Well, Some of us whites HAVE listened. Racism has become a empty accusation. A empty slander. I have seen blacks turn an perfectly innocent situation into a massive racial incident for no obvious reason like drama queens. When someone yells wolf all the time, that tends to strain credulity after a while. And when racism actually occurs, some of us whites might be a tad skeptical. We mumble under our breath, HERE WE GO, AGAIN.

You haven't listened.

Funny how you say these things. I have friends who are African. Friends who are Asian and Hispanic. These people don't like how they have been treated by whites. Basically nothing in his qoute applies to real life. I've sat in a world meeting of Africans and African Americans and know this is not true. The issue in America is not what happened in Saudi Arabia. Now what needs to happen is that whites need to take responsibility for what they have done and stop crying about blame.
I don't recall saying ALL of any people hate ALL of another. Racists exist across the racial spectrum. Just because you have friends that are African, Asian or Hispanic, doesn't mean all of any race like you mine, or another race. It's just that many do. Most younger people have been a positive example of racial acceptance and that's good, but a lot of older people of ALL races have yet to shed that racist nonsense.

No.
Wow! You really believe that. No real change!

What do you call REAL change? Because I see the same things said here I heard from whites in the 60's, and I read the same things here that I read whites saying in the 1700 and 1800's. You asked a question about REAL change, not small improvements.

I don't recall saying ALL of any people hate ALL of another. Racists exist across the racial spectrum. Just because you have friends that are African, Asian or Hispanic, doesn't mean all of any race like you mine, or another race. It's just that many do. Most younger people have been a positive example of racial acceptance and that's good, but a lot of older people of ALL races have yet to shed that racist nonsense.

Again, what you say is false. You're making claims about most or many and most or many just don't see things like you claim.

No.

What do you call REAL change? Because I see the same things said here I heard from whites in the 60's, and I read the same things here that I read whites saying in the 1700 and 1800's. You asked a question about REAL change, not small improvements.
I've seen large improvements over my lifetime. Lots of real change has already taken place. Almost no one will take you seriously if you continue to deny the change that has taken place. Just a few years before I was born, blacks were not allowed to use the same restrooms as whites. In 2008 we elected our first black president. If that's not real change, I don't know what is. Things are far from perfect, but there has most certainly been real change.

No.

I've seen large improvements over my lifetime. Lots of real change has already taken place. Almost no one will take you seriously if you continue to deny the change that has taken place. Just a few years before I was born, blacks were not allowed to use the same restrooms as whites. In 2008 we elected our first black president. If that's not real change, I don't know what is. Things are far from perfect, but there has most certainly been real change.

I really don't think you can tell me about the changes I have or haven't seen. I said these are improvements but change means things are not the same. We elected he first back president in 2008 and proceeded to disrespect him in ways no other president in history was ever disrespected. Whites got mad because a black man was president ramping up their racism then blamed Obama for their behavior That's not change. Whites are still running around believing the same shit they believed in the 1700's. Change means that does not exist.

Forum List

Back