How To End All Religous Wars

Religion by itself (or ideologies in general) do rarely directly cause outright wars, but they increase the likelehood of a war breaking out and they increase the brutality, if that war is fought between adherants of different religions/different ideologies.

Example:
Country A had territorial claims on Country B and Country C. Country B follows the same religion as country A, country C follows a different one. All other things beeing equal, Country A is much more likely to declare war on country C than on country B.

First, find a spot of land, large enough to hold large armies, then gather all those who want to kill others in the name of religion and let them go at it. Give them every weapon at their disposal except nuclear bombs. When the killing is done and the winners emerge, kill the winners. The children left by those who died who haven't been indoctrinated into the belief that if you're not of their religion, you must die, then rehabilitate them to treat their fellow man as they themselves want to be treated.

Now tell me why this wouldn't work.

Author of the idea, GK.

Because people will continue to have faith in generations to come and then people will warp that faith into justifying absolute horrendous actions.

Pertty much, even Bush Jr. used it, all terrorists use it, and most others have as well.

Really? That's desperate.

When someone tells you an all powerful being needs you to do something for him, they're probably lying.

Secular mass murderers: book Death by Government R.J. Rummel

Josef Stalin 42,672,000

Mao Zedong 37,828,000

Adolf Hitler 20,946,000

Chiang Kai-shek 10,214,000

Vladimir Lenin 4,017,000

Hideki Tojo 3,990,000

Pol Pot 2,397,000

Actually, the Anarchist Pogo Party of Germany proposed the sneaky move of fixing Germanys problem with Neo-Nazis and Militant-Criminal-Arabs by locking them all into a "Violence experience park". Such a move would also create enourmous job opportunities in the Health and Funeral areas.
I am actually more supportive of their idea to fight the Finance crisis with free beer for everyone but nevermind.

Precisly how did the "divine Emperor" Hideki Tojo end up on a list of secular mass murders?

Besides, Hitler was not really an Atheist, nor was he really christian.
The author also seems to dislike Chian Kai Shek a lot, if he included Tojo than I have no idea how he managed to have Chian kai Shek at a higher body count that Tojo.

Secular mass murderers: book Death by Government R.J. Rummel

Josef Stalin 42,672,000

Mao Zedong 37,828,000

Adolf Hitler 20,946,000

Chiang Kai-shek 10,214,000

Vladimir Lenin 4,017,000

Hideki Tojo 3,990,000

Pol Pot 2,397,000

The problem is communist governments killed people for a whole host of reasons aside from being religious so we can't attribute all those deaths to atheists.

And hitler was a catholic.

Secular mass murderers: book Death by Government R.J. Rummel - Clearly a book written for nothing but to insight violence on those not of his religion.

Josef Stalin 42,672,000 - The only true atheist in the bunch, so you get this one.

Mao Zedong 37,828,000 - Tao ... it is a religion, look it up sometime.

Adolf Hitler 20,946,000 - A christian convert exterminating another religious group because he thought the religion was evil (not the race as people are so easily fooled into believing since he WAS Jewish blood).

Chiang Kai-shek 10,214,000 - Believed himself to be a god, thus religious, duh.

Vladimir Lenin 4,017,000 - Agnostic, spoke several times that he was ordained by a god, just never which one.

Hideki Tojo 3,990,000 - Tao again.

Pol Pot 2,397,000 - Another agnostic, still relgious. If memory serves right he mention a god in some statements.

Back to my horror movies, untainted by religious zealots and fantastic. My religion ... well, we celebrate death.

Because people will continue to have faith in generations to come and then people will warp that faith into justifying absolute horrendous actions.

Then keep the arena active for all time. You feel the need to kill someone in the name of your religion, in the arena you go.

Kill others that believe the same way you do, not those who don't.

With this, "peaceful" muslims would have chance to prove themselves "peaceful."

Last edited:
Secular mass murderers: book Death by Government R.J. Rummel - Clearly a book written for nothing but to insight violence on those not of his religion.

Josef Stalin 42,672,000 - The only true atheist in the bunch, so you get this one.

Mao Zedong 37,828,000 - Tao ... it is a religion, look it up sometime.

Adolf Hitler 20,946,000 - A christian convert exterminating another religious group because he thought the religion was evil (not the race as people are so easily fooled into believing since he WAS Jewish blood).

Chiang Kai-shek 10,214,000 - Believed himself to be a god, thus religious, duh.

Vladimir Lenin 4,017,000 - Agnostic, spoke several times that he was ordained by a god, just never which one.

Hideki Tojo 3,990,000 - Tao again.

Pol Pot 2,397,000 - Another agnostic, still relgious. If memory serves right he mention a god in some statements.

Back to my horror movies, untainted by religious zealots and fantastic. My religion ... well, we celebrate death.

Goth?

Religion by itself (or ideologies in general) do rarely directly cause outright wars, but they increase the likelehood of a war breaking out and they increase the brutality, if that war is fought between adherants of different religions/different ideologies.

Example:
Country A had territorial claims on Country B and Country C. Country B follows the same religion as country A, country C follows a different one. All other things beeing equal, Country A is much more likely to declare war on country C than on country B.

You have no idea what's in the kuran then do you?

You have no idea what's in the kuran then do you?

It is not worse than what is in the Old Testament.
Actually I found the old testament more revolting, but thats me.
For me, the Koran had a lot in common with the 3-6. century "Arian heresy" which basically maintained that Christus was a (exeptionally gifted) human. Islam was often regarded as Arianism with their own "divinly inspired" prophet.

Ancient Egyptian ... or the more accurate term: Egyptian Pantheonist. More scientifically based than most religions, the religious side only deals with after life, while alive science is the first law, religion is the second.

You're getting off track. The idea is "anyone" who remotely is basing a death wish on other in the name of religion, whatever they classify their religion as, should all go kill EACH OTHER, instead of killing innocent, peaceful people.

I guess you two slept through History class.

Joseph Stalin
Mao Tse Tung

More than 100 million dead at the hands of these militant Atheists.

They killed for political reasons not in the name of atheism.

It is not worse than what is in the Old Testament.
Actually I found the old testament more revolting, but thats me.
For me, the Koran had a lot in common with the 3-6. century "Arian heresy" which basically maintained that Christus was a (exeptionally gifted) human. Islam was often regarded as Arianism with their own "divinly inspired" prophet.

Instead of giving your opinion then, give an example.

But the premise doesn't omit one religion or another. The premise includes ALL that would KILL another in the name of their religion.

Forum List

Back