Police not pressing charges after JK Rowling dares them to arrest her for challenging hate speech law

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
What has happened to the once great Scotsmen?

Janitor Willie would be ashamed.

Rowlings is challenging them, telling them that if someone calls a man a man, she will do the same and be arrested along with them.

China is laughing at how easy it has been as we move closer and closer to the book 1984 becoming a reality.

J.K. Rowling, the author of the "Harry Potter" book series, challenged Scotland’s new hate speech law on Monday, and police have declared they will not prosecute the author.

Scotland’s new Hate Crime and Public Order Act was activated on April 1. The text of the bill, originally introduced years before, warns against acts that "stir up hatred against a group of persons" of certain protected characteristics, including age, disability, religion or, in the case of a social or cultural group, perceived religious affiliation, sexual orientation, transgender identity, and variations in sex characteristics. The maximum penalty is a seven-year jail sentence.

Rowling, who lives in Scotland’s capital city of Edinburgh, began an April Fool’s Day social media thread by listing multiple biologically male criminals who claimed to be transgender just prior to being sentenced for various horrific crimes, expressing mock relief their avowed gender identities were being respected. She then switched her rhetoric and declared, "Only kidding. Obviously, the people mentioned in the above tweets aren't women at all, but men, every last one of them."

I like seeing the Left eat its own.......................bur Right is Right and JKR is spot on!!! I still can't stand reading her books though; BORING!!! Sorta Mills and Boon boring, but I know a lot who like reading it.

Greg

I like seeing the Left eat its own.......................bur Right is Right and JKR is spot on!!! I still can't stand reading her books though; BORING!!! Sorta Mills and Boon boring, but I know a lot who like reading it.

Greg
I don't prefer any such conflict. I would prefer common sense and factual inferences, protected by Free Speech so that someone can't identify as a tree and have another thrown in prison for not playing their game of Make-Believe.

I don't prefer any such conflict. I would prefer common sense and factual inferences, protected by Free Speech so that someone can't identify as a tree and have another thrown in prison for not playing their game of Make-Believe.
The Left, at heart, is HATEFUL.......so why should I bother because they turn on each other? But Rowlings is correct in this matter. Pardon me for laughing but the tree bit is also spot on and hilarious.

You have to accept my identity as a tree​

Kevin Donnelly

I wish I was making this up.

Greg

Forum List

Back