The Official God FAQ

I don't understand why anyone thinks it's funny to be disrespectful of others religion. I can't imagine making fun of others sacred beliefs.

I guess what I find really ironic about it is that is seems to usually come from liberals and I thought they were supposed to be more tolerant and open-minded.

I don't understand why anyone thinks it's funny to be disrespectful of others religion. I can't imagine making fun of others sacred beliefs.

I guess what I find really ironic about it is that is seems to usually come from liberals and I thought they were supposed to be more tolerant and open-minded.

Really Amanda? Question dear.....do you remember about 3 years ago when Christians were burning and desecrating the Q'aran? Now....I'm probably one of the least supportive people of Islam that there is, it's a demonic religion that is false, but, even so.....when you said that "liberals" are the ones that are most intolerant, did you think about that?

How about all the other crap that has been spewed over the airwaves about Muslims by Christians and their coalition?

Gotta be fair if you're gonna say stuff like that dear.

Really Amanda? Question dear.....do you remember about 3 years ago when Christians were burning and desecrating the Q'aran? Now....I'm probably one of the least supportive people of Islam that there is, it's a demonic religion that is false, but, even so.....when you said that "liberals" are the ones that are most intolerant, did you think about that?

How about all the other crap that has been spewed over the airwaves about Muslims by Christians and their coalition?

Gotta be fair if you're gonna say stuff like that dear.

Then be fair and read my comment again. I said "make fun of" I didn't say anything about protesting. Personally I'm not offended by the Flying Spaghetti Monster even though the imagery appears to me to mock Christianity. If you don't want to believe in my God that's fine but I don't see why making things to mock my belief is considered funny. I didn't think the cartoons in the Dutch newspaper that upset Muslims were funny either, so I'm not just that I'm sensitive about my personal belief. I wouldn't support something that mocked atheists beliefs either. Criticism is fine, I even think more of that should come from within a religion, and I think protest falls into this area. But mocking isn't constructive in any way that makes sense to me.

And it is just my opinion based on what I hear, you may hear different things.

housemate_atheist.jpg

Then be fair and read my comment again. I said "make fun of" I didn't say anything about protesting. Personally I'm not offended by the Flying Spaghetti Monster even though the imagery appears to me to mock Christianity. If you don't want to believe in my God that's fine but I don't see why making things to mock my belief is considered funny. I didn't think the cartoons in the Dutch newspaper that upset Muslims were funny either, so I'm not just that I'm sensitive about my personal belief. I wouldn't support something that mocked atheists beliefs either. Criticism is fine, I even think more of that should come from within a religion, and I think protest falls into this area. But mocking isn't constructive in any way that makes sense to me.

Depends on what you consider "mocking". Humor is funny, because it points out obvious defects in what the world is doing, and puts it in a humorous light. "Rock Me Sexy Jesus" and the movie "Hamlet II", are considered to be "mocking God". Same with the movie "Dogma", as well as a whole bunch of others.

Matter of fact, haven't seen the Catholic liars get so pissed as they did when those 2 things came out. Oh yeah.....if you get a chance, check out "Prop 8 the Musical". That one was also considered "mockery".

Might wanna check again.

Depends on what you consider "mocking". Humor is funny, because it points out obvious defects in what the world is doing, and puts it in a humorous light. "Rock Me Sexy Jesus" and the movie "Hamlet II", are considered to be "mocking God". Same with the movie "Dogma", as well as a whole bunch of others.

Matter of fact, haven't seen the Catholic liars get so pissed as they did when those 2 things came out. Oh yeah.....if you get a chance, check out "Prop 8 the Musical". That one was also considered "mockery".

Might wanna check again.

When you catch me doing it be sure to point it out, I don't want to miss it.

Listen carefully young one........

Either God is E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G, or else He is nothing.

Gonna have to make room for the Spaghetti.

Listen carefully young one........

Either God is E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G, or else He is nothing.

Gonna have to make room for the Spaghetti.

The condescending thing doesn't look good on you, you might consider a change.

But since that's how you seem to want to play, listen carefully, gramps:

I'm not saying that it shouldn't be allowed. I know I said FSM didn't offend me, so I'm surprised you're having trouble with this. I'm saying I don't see why it's funny. And that I wouldn't do it.

The condescending thing doesn't look good on you, you might consider a change.

But since that's how you seem to want to play, listen carefully, gramps:

I'm not saying that it shouldn't be allowed. I know I said FSM didn't offend me, so I'm surprised you're having trouble with this. I'm saying I don't see why it's funny. And that I wouldn't do it.

Listen sweetcakes..........just because someone with your limited experience and learning (remember, you're only 18, I'm 44), doesn't find something funny, it doesn't mean that others won't also.

Tell ya what.....tonight, if you've got HBO, at 11 pm EST, there is a show called "Generation Kill", which is about the war in Iraq.

Most of the show is pretty gruesome, and lots of blood, war, and violence.

However......if you know the black art of war, a lot of the stuff said on that show is funny as hell.

Try again. Next time I might not be so nice.

(Yes people......she's pissing me off, and I was friends with her long before this post, but, if she keeps getting stupid, I'm gonna get nasty.)

Listen sweetcakes..........just because someone with your limited experience and learning (remember, you're only 18, I'm 44), doesn't find something funny, it doesn't mean that others won't also.

Tell ya what.....tonight, if you've got HBO, at 11 pm EST, there is a show called "Generation Kill", which is about the war in Iraq.

Most of the show is pretty gruesome, and lots of blood, war, and violence.

However......if you know the black art of war, a lot of the stuff said on that show is funny as hell.

Try again. Next time I might not be so nice.

(Yes people......she's pissing me off, and I was friends with her long before this post, but, if she keeps getting stupid, I'm gonna get nasty.)

I don't know why you're not getting this, but I don't care a lot either, so one last time and that's all for me.

You can find anything you want funny. It's ok with me. Laugh until you pass out. I was just commenting that I don't get it. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. All of this effort to make sure I understand anything is fair game is wasted effort, I already know.

It's beyond me why any of this is "pissing you off" or why you think you need to get "nasty". Seems like pointless drama.

Different strokes for different folks. She didn't find the joke funny. So what's the problem?

And if one didn't know anything about the 'black art of war', they wouldn't see the humor in it. Humor is subjective anyway.

Amanda is pissing you off cause she didn't think the joke was funny and said so? Um, ooookay.

I find this to be very humorous.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218]YouTube - Monty Python - Dead Parrot[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back