How Old Do You The Earth Is?

Us Atheists need to know who we are dealing with here. If you want to debate me I need to know if you are a christian, a christian light, a jew, muslim, mormon. I need to know if you take the stories literally too. That's being a theist light.

So there are many theist camps. Which crazy are you? Need to know. And if you don't believe in organized religion either, then you have even less of an argument on why you believe in god, because then you admit that you realize that man made religion is bullshit but you just can't believe that the entire premise is made up.

I use to think that way too. I had my own version of god. But really, what evidence do I have for a god? There could be a god, but there is zero evidence for one. And all the evidence actually points to that our human minds made him up.

I'd rather go with what science says than any church.
That's why they invented the Church of Scientology! :D

Don't try and saddle us atheists with Scientology pal.

Scientology is a body of beliefs and related practices created by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard (1911–1986), beginning in 1952 as a successor to his earlier self-help system, Dianetics.[6] Hubbard characterized Scientology as a religion, and in 1953 he incorporated the Church of Scientology in Camden, New Jersey.

So one of the smartest men in the world "misinterpreted" the Pope? That's the problem with religion. The lord said this and the lord said that and everyone has their own translation.

Go find what the Pope said if you don't believe me. John Paul II was very vocal about his support for science and evolution.

The Vatican s View of Evolution Pope Paul II and Pope Pius

Whatever actually. Does it matter if the Pope said it? Fact is, the Pope is a liar or a fool because he believes the Adam & Eve, Moses, Noah & Jesus stories. He believes those stories LITERALLY!

No he didn't.

If he doesn't he should say so publicly.

He did.

Do you take those stories literally?

No.

At one time people lived to be hundreds of years old? 2 of every species? Jesus performed miracles? Moses parted the sea? REALLY?

I believe the miracles, not much of the rest literally.

So lets not get off topic here. Fact is, you guys have zero proof of god unless you believe the fables in the ancient books??? Do you?

You are free to believe what you want but you're only undercutting your own point of view when you repeat lies about the Catholic Church.

And you too can believe whatever you want and if you get enough to follow you, you can go from cult to church just like Scientology.

In fact, the more I read about Scientology, the more it reminds me of people like you who only believe half of the bible stories. You should make up your own religion then and get the tax write offs.

Scientology teaches that people are immortal beings who have forgotten their true nature.[9] Its method of spiritual rehabilitation is a type of counselling known as auditing, in which practitioners aim to consciously re-experience painful or traumatic events in their past in order to free themselves of their limiting effects.[10] Study materials and auditing sessions are made available to members on a fee-for-service basis, which the church describes as a "fixed donation".[11][12] Scientology is legally recognized as a tax-exempt religion in the United States, Italy, South Africa, Australia, Sweden, the Netherlands, New Zealand,Portugal,[21] and Spain; the Church of Scientology emphasizes this as proof that it is a bona fide

So one of the smartest men in the world "misinterpreted" the Pope? That's the problem with religion. The lord said this and the lord said that and everyone has their own translation.

Go find what the Pope said if you don't believe me. John Paul II was very vocal about his support for science and evolution.

You are free to believe what you want but you're only undercutting your own point of view when you repeat lies about the Catholic Church.

At least I am here in America and I'd like to keep it that way.

Look at how theists in the middle east treat non believers. Off with their heads! Allahlalalalalalal

there is no data that a multicelled organism did not originate from a single cell.

images

is the marble alive by its shape ?

Your marble statue is an example of purposeful design.

Carefully chosen words there,are you trying to twist the question. The key term is evolve and no the natural cycle of sexual reproduction is not evolution.
[/QUOTE]

"purposeful" design - means exactly what ? - is it restricted to life, why is there not a multitude of "natural" examples of "purposeful design" on Earth or elsewhere - in fact there are non.

images

not that there is not Creation, just that it is not Biblical.

PostP: if you've taken one of those night courses, perhaps you have a textbook example of a single celled organism evolving into a multicelled organism that you'd like to share with the class....

how about the fact they are totally different from each other.......if such were true, there is no data that you did not originate from a fairly insubstantial gust of wind, either.....

YC: Carefully chosen words there,are you trying to twist the question. The key term is evolve and no the natural cycle of sexual reproduction is not evolution.

... perhaps you have a textbook example of a single celled organism evolving into a multicelled organism

PostP, you have yet to produce a scientific document, link in support of your claim - only your opinion on a broad subject without specifics - whereas documents refuting your point have been plentiful.

produce a scientific document in support of your ambiguous claim or stop repeating your obvious fabrication.

Last edited:
PostP, you have yet to produce a scientific document, link in support of your claim - only your opinion on a broad subject without specifics - whereas documents refuting your point have been plentiful.

produce a scientific document in support of your ambiguous claim or stop repeating your obvious fabrication.

you wish me to prove that I believe God created the heavens and earth?....will you accept an affidavit signed by my wife?....

Whatever actually. Does it matter if the Pope said it? Fact is, the Pope is a liar or a fool because he believes the Adam & Eve, Moses, Noah & Jesus stories. He believes those stories LITERALLY!

No he didn't.

If he doesn't he should say so publicly.

He did.

Do you take those stories literally?

No.

At one time people lived to be hundreds of years old? 2 of every species? Jesus performed miracles? Moses parted the sea? REALLY?

I believe the miracles, not much of the rest literally.

So lets not get off topic here. Fact is, you guys have zero proof of god unless you believe the fables in the ancient books??? Do you?

Miracles have not been demonstrated to occur. The existence of a miracle would pose logical problems for belief in a god which can supposedly see the future and began the universe with a set of predefined laws. Even if a ‘miracle’ could be demonstrated it would not immediately imply the existence of a god, much less any particular one, as unknown natural processes or agents could still be at work.

Most alleged miracles can be explained as statistically unlikely occurrences. For example, one child surviving a plane crash that kills two hundred others is not a miracle, just as one person winning the lottery is not. In the absence of any empirical evidence, all other claims can be dismissed as the result of magical thinking, misattribution, credulity, hearsay and anecdote. Eye-witness testimony and anecdotal accounts are, by themselves, not reliable or definitive forms of proof for such extraordinary claims.

Divine intervention claims most often concern systems and events for which we have poor predictive capabilities, for example, weather, sports, health and social/economic interactions. Such claims are rarely made in relation to those things we can accurately predict and test e.g. the motion of celestial bodies, boiling point of water and pull of gravity. If a god is constantly intervening in the universe it supposedly created, then it is with such ambiguity as to appear completely indistinguishable from normal background chance.

Theists often fail to adequately apportion blame when claims of their particular god’s ‘infinite mercy’ or ‘omnibenevolence’ involve sparing a few lives in a disaster, or recovery from a debilitating disease – all of which their god would ultimately be responsible for inflicting if it existed. See also: Euthyphro dilemma, Confirmation bias, Cherry Picking.

there is no data that a multicelled organism did not originate from a single cell.

images

is the marble alive by its shape ?

Your marble statue is an example of purposeful design.

Carefully chosen words there,are you trying to twist the question. The key term is evolve and no the natural cycle of sexual reproduction is not evolution.

"purposeful" design - means exactly what ? - is it restricted to life, why is there not a multitude of "natural" examples of "purposeful design" on Earth or elsewhere - in fact there are non.

images

not that there is not Creation, just that it is not Biblical.

PostP: if you've taken one of those night courses, perhaps you have a textbook example of a single celled organism evolving into a multicelled organism that you'd like to share with the class....

how about the fact they are totally different from each other.......if such were true, there is no data that you did not originate from a fairly insubstantial gust of wind, either.....

YC: Carefully chosen words there,are you trying to twist the question. The key term is evolve and no the natural cycle of sexual reproduction is not evolution.

... perhaps you have a textbook example of a single celled organism evolving into a multicelled organism

.[/QUOTE]
Still avoiding the questions ? you can't be serious.

1. Sun
2. Moon
3. Atmosphere
4. Oxygen
5. Cabon Dioxide
6. Plane Earth able to cleanse itself
7. Water
8. The Hydrologic System
9. Gravity

Need anymore examples.

Oh and hold yourself to the same standards you do others.

Last edited:
I compliment you and you attack me? LOL

I guess you are confused by English, what you said was not a compliment.

So are you a Hawking fan and you just wanted to point out that the Pope actually never said that? Like politicians back then, they use to get away with saying a lot of shit off camera. Today I'd be able to look up exactly what the pope said on Youtube. Look at how Romney got caught talking about 90% of the country. Everyone has a smart phone stupid. LOL.

No, I responded to the assertion that Hawking is so smart that his personal beliefs are able to trump reality. That might confuse you since you think he is actually so smart that he can actually change the inverse just by saying something, but that is your problem, not mine.

What is your position? You seem defensive. Makes be believe I struck a nerve when I pointed out that you either have to defend the Pope's insane position that Jesus really did perform miracles and was born of a virgin and rose from the dead, or you have to admit that his belief is an insane belief. If I told you such a story you'd tell me I'm insane or a liar trying to start a cult. That's where Christianity came from. How many founding members? 12, but Judah was a traitor so actually 11 people saw Jesus do miracles.

I seem defensive? In what way? Is it because I refuse to let idiots shove me into a box I do not belong in?

Or, I hear a version that up to 500 people saw him rise to heaven after 3 days of being dead. Really? Then the Jews were horrible at keeping track of history, because the Roman's have no record of any miracles performed. How come god only goes to the most ignorant parts of the world same as UFO's and big foot?

FYI, the Romans are not the Jews.

Us Atheists need to know who we are dealing with here. If you want to debate me I need to know if you are a christian, a christian light, a jew, muslim, mormon. I need to know if you take the stories literally too. That's being a theist light.

So there are many theist camps. Which crazy are you? Need to know. And if you don't believe in organized religion either, then you have even less of an argument on why you believe in god, because then you admit that you realize that man made religion is bullshit but you just can't believe that the entire premise is made up.

I use to think that way too. I had my own version of god. But really, what evidence do I have for a god? There could be a god, but there is zero evidence for one. And all the evidence actually points to that our human minds made him up.

What a cop out.

It doesn't matter what I am in a debate, or eve what I believe, what matters is what I say. Since you refuse to actually address my posts, and insist on attacking me for the beliefs I have not stated I support, I win by default.

I compliment you and you attack me? LOL

I guess you are confused by English, what you said was not a compliment.

So are you a Hawking fan and you just wanted to point out that the Pope actually never said that? Like politicians back then, they use to get away with saying a lot of shit off camera. Today I'd be able to look up exactly what the pope said on Youtube. Look at how Romney got caught talking about 90% of the country. Everyone has a smart phone stupid. LOL.

No, I responded to the assertion that Hawking is so smart that his personal beliefs are able to trump reality. That might confuse you since you think he is actually so smart that he can actually change the inverse just by saying something, but that is your problem, not mine.

What is your position? You seem defensive. Makes be believe I struck a nerve when I pointed out that you either have to defend the Pope's insane position that Jesus really did perform miracles and was born of a virgin and rose from the dead, or you have to admit that his belief is an insane belief. If I told you such a story you'd tell me I'm insane or a liar trying to start a cult. That's where Christianity came from. How many founding members? 12, but Judah was a traitor so actually 11 people saw Jesus do miracles.

I seem defensive? In what way? Is it because I refuse to let idiots shove me into a box I do not belong in?

Or, I hear a version that up to 500 people saw him rise to heaven after 3 days of being dead. Really? Then the Jews were horrible at keeping track of history, because the Roman's have no record of any miracles performed. How come god only goes to the most ignorant parts of the world same as UFO's and big foot?

FYI, the Romans are not the Jews.

The romans did keep track of history. They have no record of Jesus, his crucifiction, they do not corroborate he did miracles.

The Jews don't buy it that he's the Messiah.

Show me a roman history book that speaks of the days they crucified Jesus. Show me the court records of his trial where he was found guilty.

I know the Jews don't deny that a Jesus character exists, but the Roman's didn't keep record of the day they killed Jesus. Any history they kept was of their Ceasers, not of a small jewish cult leader.

Even the bible wasn't written until the year 80 or later. God knows who wrote it or made it up.

I think the Jews don't deny Jesus existed because they don't want the Christians to call bs on why their religion is horse shit. I think all religions are respectful of other religions because it's like one con artist calling out another. If he does that con artist will call him out. So they agree to just not call each other out.

What a cop out.

It doesn't matter what I am in a debate, or eve what I believe, what matters is what I say. Since you refuse to actually address my posts, and insist on attacking me for the beliefs I have not stated I support, I win by default.

Bottom line is the church has been at odds with intellect and science for over 1000 years. Just because the church has "come around" as of late, doesn't make me forget their past of fighting science because it contradicted their lies.

Which religion are you again? Are you orthodox or do you have your own bastardized version of god?

“Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” - Ken Ham

Forum List

Back