How Old Do You The Earth Is?

AtheistBuddah

Jun 30, 2014
Nice try, internet :)
This question is mainly to the Christians that post on this forum. Just trying to get an idea of what percentage of you are fundamentalists or young earth creationists mostly out of idle curiosity.

I would love to discuss it with you but would you define some terms first?

Fundamentalist
Young Earth Creationist

I would love to discuss it with you but would you define some terms first?

Fundamentalist
Young Earth Creationist

I'd be happy to.

Fundamentalist: A member of the Christian faith that believe that every word of the Bible is undeniable, historical fact. People that say that if the Bible said 2 + 2 = 5 then they would believe it, take it as fact and find a way to make it make sense.

Young Earth Creationists: Members of the Christian faith that believe that the creation story in Genesis is a literal account of the origin of life and that Earth is around 6,000 years old.

Famous examples of both are Ken Ham and Fred Phelps.

No Christian believes 2+2=5. But a Non Believer thinks Man probably evolved from Monkeys. That sounds like 2+2=5 to me.

How did "Young Earthers" get the idea that the earth is 6,000 years old?

This question is mainly to the Christians that post on this forum. Just trying to get an idea of what percentage of you are fundamentalists or young earth creationists mostly out of idle curiosity.
Well, you could always just ask who among us are fundamentalists or young-earth creationists.

The earth, though, as far as remember, is 4.52 billion years old.

The idea that God created the Universe is easier to believe than the theory that a Big Bang occurred in the distant past and the Universe has expanded ever since.

Is OP a "Big Bang Theory" kind of guy? Got any evidence to back that up?

No Christian believes 2+2=5. But a Non Believer thinks Man probably evolved from Monkeys. That sounds like 2+2=5 to me.

No scientist has said that man evolved from monkeys. They say that we had a common ancestor. I prefer to believe scientists rather than believe what was written thousands of years ago to explain complicated matters to very simple people.

I'd be happy to.

Fundamentalist: A member of the Christian faith that believe that every word of the Bible is undeniable, historical fact. People that say that if the Bible said 2 + 2 = 5 then they would believe it, take it as fact and find a way to make it make sense.

Young Earth Creationists: Members of the Christian faith that believe that the creation story in Genesis is a literal account of the origin of life and that Earth is around 6,000 years old.

Famous examples of both are Ken Ham and Fred Phelps.

No they don't. The figure of 6,000 years is the lineage of Jesus Christ back to Adam and Eve. Not the age of the earth.

From the same place that gave you the notion that you didn't come from a monkey. Never mind no one ever said you came from a monkey.

No one ever said Man evolved from Apes?

"If Man evolved from Apes then why do we still have Apes?"

- George Carlin

Forum List

Back