How did the party of Lincoln (GOP) end up being the Confederate Party

"I'll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years" said no Republican ever. That was LBJ

We are mixing ideologies with political parties. The South changing political parties was not an overnight thing, it is probably still going on. In the south conservatives could still vote Democratic for their local politicians, and I would imagine many still do. In national politics it might be another story. As Democrats had to bite the bullet to give up the solid south Democratic vote many conservatives have yet to bite the bullet to vote Republican, the party of Lincoln.

Well... the adult people who were alive during Civil Rights are mostly dead now because that was over 50 years ago... the Confederacy was 150 years ago. So "conservatives" are not some eternal entity that lives forever.... are they?

We can also talk about the political platforms of the parties and how they have changed since the mid 60s. Lots of differences there. Today's modern Liberal would have been a Communist in 1960. They would have found virtually NO support from the general public. Back during the Civil War era, today's liberal would have been executed for sedition. Your actual political viewpoints didn't come into prominence in America until POST-Bill Clinton!
Today's liberal would not have been a communist in 1960, although so labeled by many McCarthyites. There are core values that go with liberalism and one must start with these to define liberalism. As conditions change the means to carry out these core values also change, and it is often these means that we use to define the ideologies. and use the means as definitions. Most college bookstores have booklets on defining and giving the history of liberalism and conservatism.

Today's Liberals ARE Communists. There's no difference between CP-USA and the DNC

None

1960_large.png

1964_large.png

switched.
2000_large.png

Ooo... what happened here?

We are mixing ideologies with political parties. The South changing political parties was not an overnight thing, it is probably still going on. In the south conservatives could still vote Democratic for their local politicians, and I would imagine many still do. In national politics it might be another story. As Democrats had to bite the bullet to give up the solid south Democratic vote many conservatives have yet to bite the bullet to vote Republican, the party of Lincoln.

Well... the adult people who were alive during Civil Rights are mostly dead now because that was over 50 years ago... the Confederacy was 150 years ago. So "conservatives" are not some eternal entity that lives forever.... are they?

We can also talk about the political platforms of the parties and how they have changed since the mid 60s. Lots of differences there. Today's modern Liberal would have been a Communist in 1960. They would have found virtually NO support from the general public. Back during the Civil War era, today's liberal would have been executed for sedition. Your actual political viewpoints didn't come into prominence in America until POST-Bill Clinton!
Liberals found support from the general public in the Sixties with the election of Kennedy and then Johnson. Liberalism formed this nation or as General MacArthur said: "For the framers of the Constitution were the most liberal thinkers of all the ages and the charter they produced out of the liberal revolution of their time has never been and is not now surpassed in liberal thought."
MacArthur said that as he prepared to run for president as a Republican.

Liberals found support from the general public in the Sixties with the election of Kennedy and then Johnson. Liberalism formed this nation or as General MacArthur said: "For the framers of the Constitution were the most liberal thinkers of all the ages and the charter they produced out of the liberal revolution of their time has never been and is not now surpassed in liberal thought."

John Kennedy was a Conservative by today's standards. Especially his fiscal policies.

John Kennedy was a Conservative by today's standards. Especially his fiscal policies.
If you have to keep changing your definition of conservatism and liberalism to keep pace with your posts, you only show your lack of history.

If you have to keep changing your definition of conservatism and liberalism to keep pace with your posts, you only show your lack of history.

I haven't changed anything. Conservatism is a philosophy, Liberalism is an ideology. You can be a Liberal AND a Conservative. JFK and Bill Clinton were Liberal Conservatives. (That is Liberal ideologues with Conservative philosophy.)

I haven't changed anything. Conservatism is a philosophy, Liberalism is an ideology. You can be a Liberal AND a Conservative. JFK and Bill Clinton were Liberal Conservatives. (That is Liberal ideologues with Conservative philosophy.)
Maybe most of us are just liberal in some areas of life and conservative in other areas. But you might get one of those little college booklets on political ideologies rather than try to make everything fit into your beliefs, it has all been done over long periods of time by numerous scholars.

Maybe most of us are just liberal in some areas of life and conservative in other areas. But you might get one of those little college booklets on political ideologies rather than try to make everything fit into your beliefs, it has all been done over long periods of time by numerous scholars.

Again... Conservative is not an ideology, it is a philosophy. It can encompass any number of ideologies. That's why you have libertarian conservatives who are completely different than social conservatives and they are divided sharply on many issues.

Conservatism is simply the opposite philosophy from Radicalism or Extremism. Liberal or Progressive is an ideology. Social Conservative is an ideology. Neo-conservatism is an ideology. Libertarian is an ideology. "Moderate" can be both an ideology and philosophy depending on context.

You got any more maps you wanna fucking post, moron?
You're a total idiot. Only the 1960-1968 electoral maps cover the black civil rights era. All of the maps I posted and the dixiecrat map you posted show exactly what I said: Segregationists were democrats in 1960, republicans in '64 tried to go independent in '68 and melted into the GOP ever since.

You're a total idiot. Only the 1960-1968 electoral maps cover the black civil rights era. All of the maps I posted and the dixiecrat map you posted show exactly what I said: Segregationists were democrats in 1960, republicans in '64 tried to go independent in '68 and melted into the GOP ever since.

We don't exist in a 1960s vacuum, dipshit. And NO they didn't "melt into the GOP ever since" because as the maps I showed indicate, they went back blue again, then red, then red and blue, back to red. The maps constantly change with every election. All racists don't vote for republicans. All morons don't vote for democrats. People are all different, they think different ways and vote different ways... only a true stereotyping BIGOT thinks otherwise.

We don't exist in a 1960s vacuum, dipshit. And NO they didn't "melt into the GOP ever since" because as the maps I showed indicate, they went back blue again, then red, then red and blue, back to red. The maps constantly change with every election. All racists don't vote for republicans. All morons don't vote for democrats. People are all different, they think different ways and vote different ways... only a true stereotyping BIGOT thinks otherwise.
I was just kidding, but you are a simpleton. It must be the public schools. I'll break it down for you:

First, only 1960-68 relate to race relations in the US. In 1960, segregationist white democrats cast ballots for some guy who wasn't even running, just so they wouldn't have to vote for a yankee black sympathiser. The next cycle they broke party and voted R. Kennedy got shot and killed. Torn by about 100 years' stereotypical allegiance to the Dems, there was this dixiecrat effort in '68 for "conservative [about race] democrats". In years following, this group took the R position re entitlements, etc.

Can you guess where they are til today or do I have to chew that up for you too?

It's ok to be black and Republican, but you don't want to do so blindly. Black people who only vote Democratic should know what their party was up to for the better half of last century, too.

I was just kidding, but you are a simpleton. It must be the public schools. I'll break it down for you:

First, only 1960-68 relate to race relations in the US. In 1960, segregationist white democrats cast ballots for some guy who wasn't even running, just so they wouldn't have to vote for a yankee black sympathiser. The next cycle they broke party and voted R. Kennedy got shot and killed. Torn by about 100 years' stereotypical allegiance to the Dems, there was this dixiecrat effort in '68 for "conservative [about race] democrats". In years following, this group took the R position re entitlements, etc.

Can you guess where they are til today or do I have to chew that up for you too?

It's ok to be black and Republican, but you don't want to do so blindly. Black people who only vote Democratic should know what their party was up to for the better half of last century, too.

:mm::funnyface::eusa_dance::disbelief::biggrin::cheers2::booze::uhoh3::woohoo::wink_2::slap::lol::lmao::blsmile::badgrin::banana:
revisonistclaptrap revisonistclaptrap revisonistclaptrap revisonistclaptrap revisonistclaptrap

:mm::funnyface::eusa_dance::disbelief::biggrin::cheers2::booze::uhoh3::woohoo::wink_2::slap::lol::lmao::blsmile::badgrin::banana:
revisonistclaptrap revisonistclaptrap revisonistclaptrap revisonistclaptrap revisonistclaptrap
Everyone knows your history books were full of emojis and made up words. It shows.

Forum List

Back