Homosexual marriage

Id rather join the "Stop Liberal's from using Oxygen Coalition".......

Lets just ban this....and ban that....and control this...and control that.

Then why are so many conservatives investing so much effort to keep the government in control of marriage and banning gay people from getting the same rights?

Then why are so many conservatives investing so much effort to keep the government in control of marriage and banning gay people from getting the same rights?

Because they are in the same boat......

The Bass is against sodomite marriage because just like all thing degenerated by liberals the sacredness of marriage will erode even further and gay marriages would do this to real God sanctioned marriages:

Are you equally concerned about how married heterosexual couples who engage in anal pleasures will effect strictly missionary couples?

The Bass is against sodomite marriage because just like all thing degenerated by liberals the sacredness of marriage will erode even further and gay marriages would do this to real God sanctioned marriages:

Are you equally concerned about how married heterosexual couples who engage in anal pleasures will effect strictly missionary couples?

LOL ... bAss Master doesn't think straight people have anal play, he is so ignorant he also doesn't realize that butt plugs were made for straight men, not gay men, gay men already have theirs in hand.

*blush* Damn, that one kinda slithered away from me. Sorry all, sick sense of humor warning tonight.

When you view many heterosexual marriages you have to wonder if they shouldn't be banned too. Surely they cause more pain and suffering for children and others than gays do or would cause.

Compare the divorce rate of heterosexual marriages to gay marriages.

LOL ... bAss Master doesn't think straight people have anal play, he is so ignorant he also doesn't realize that butt plugs were made for straight men, not gay men, gay men already have theirs in hand.

*blush* Damn, that one kinda slithered away from me. Sorry all, sick sense of humor warning tonight.

I'm new here...but I figured out the above statement in bold after the first few words of his post.

I'm new here...but I figured out the above statement in bold after the first few words of his post.

This grasshopper learns quick. *sage bow*

The government (States) should not recognize marriage of any kind. "Marriage" should remain a religious entity.

On the other hand, States should recognize "civil unions" which would be a legal contract between two individuals (humans age 18 and above) which would afford them all the rights and privileges that are currently seen in marriage.

The "civil union" would in no way be synonymus with love or sex, but would in essense be a business contract. The government is not in a position to authorize licenses of love and sex, but they are in the position to issue licenses to conduct business. Therefore, the union could be between man and woman, two men, two women, or even relatives if it suited the two individuals from a insurance/tax/property ownership point of view.

I agree with you completely. As is if you do all of the proper paperwork homosexual or straight, you can basically recieve all of the same benefits. Keep a copy of the paper work with you when you travel in case, heaven forbid, there was an accident and someone ended up hospitalized, it is the responsible move anyways.

The title of marriage though is a covenant between you and God. States gave the legal title marriage because, lets be honest, this country was founded on religion.

Once again for the religious right contingent... marriage is a right granted by the state. the power to perform a marriage is granted by the State.

there's no such thing as separate but equal. The state should marry people without discriminating. If your own personal church doesn't want to perform the ceremony, entirely different issue.

Nice one-sided presentation. You forgot the other half of it though. Marriage existed LONG before the state and is and has been considered a religious rite LONG before "states" existed.

Clergy act as agents of the state as a matter of convenience for the state. Take that responsibility off the clergy, and they'll STILL be performing marriages. They just won't be doing the state's bookkeeping.

I have stated my opinion on this subject already in another thread, but I will repeat myself.

Why should my sister and her partner of 19 years not be allowed equal access to social security just as any other married couple? Why?

Both the federal government and the state provide special privileges to married couples, one man one woman, based on a religious tradition, marriage. Homosexual partners who commit their lives to each other are not provided the same benefits because they are not a part of that religious tradition and thus not sanctified by the state.

THAT is discrimination and anyone who cares about equal rights and separation of church and state should care about protecting the social security of ALL individual citizens, not just the ones who follow the long standing religious traditions.

Why not give both "Civil Union" and "Marriage" equal rights and be done with it.

Because they arent married. And pretending to be married isnt going to make them married. How freaking difficult is this?

You want equal rights? Lets abolish social security. Then everyones equal. Less government. More freedom. Great news for everyone.

I have stated my opinion on this subject already in another thread, but I will repeat myself.

Why should my sister and her partner of 19 years not be allowed equal access to social security just as any other married couple? Why?

Both the federal government and the state provide special privileges to married couples, one man one woman, based on a religious tradition, marriage. Homosexual partners who commit their lives to each other are not provided the same benefits because they are not a part of that religious tradition and thus not sanctified by the state.

THAT is discrimination and anyone who cares about equal rights and separation of church and state should care about protecting the social security of ALL individual citizens, not just the ones who follow the long standing religious traditions.

Why not give both "Civil Union" and "Marriage" equal rights and be done with it.

i think they should....i think that if they had asked for a civil union with equal rights they would have it......they went for the brass ring and it is causing problems......i think that they will eventually obtain the rights they are after ......

That is exactly how it went down. Whatever loudmouths gays were allowing to front them took an all or nothing stance. They got nothing.

Why are so many on the left doing the exact same thing? Why are you trying to keep the government in control and have it force something on others?

No one has banned gays from having equal rights. They have equal rights.

Why are so many on the left doing the exact same thing? Why are you trying to keep the government in control and have it force something on others?

No one has banned gays from having equal rights. They have equal rights.

Um ... if the right want to get rid of government control, then get all rights and privilages awarded by said government out of marriage. No tax breaks, no legal standing in any decisions, no contract, nothing that the government can award or enforce. These rights which are awarded to married couples ARE government control.

You want equal rights? Lets abolish social security. Then everyones equal. Less government. More freedom. Great news for everyone.

So if you are suggesting that we abolish social security, are you also suggesting that we abolish all marriage at the same time, both gay and straight?

Or are you recommending that we go with less government, more freedom, and less regulation on who can marry whom?

Great news for everyone!

When you view many heterosexual marriages you have to wonder if they shouldn't be banned too. Surely they cause more pain and suffering for children and others than gays do or would cause.

Compare the divorce rate of heterosexual marriages to gay marriages.

Intellectually dishonest. Try again.

I'm not really sure I need to "try again". But I think you get the point I was trying to make.

That is, unless you are intellectually devoid.

Forum List

Back