Homosexual marriage

This grasshopper learns quick. *sage bow*

I just watched your Avatar for about 30 second and it made me crack up. :lol: I guess I started picturing a real cat that was hurriedly typing with a purpose.

Either that, or it's past my bedtime...

I just watched your Avatar for about 30 second and it made me crack up. :lol: I guess I started picturing a real cat that was hurriedly typing with a purpose.

Either that, or it's past my bedtime...

It's past your bed time.. That cat's gotten damned annoying.

*ponders making a more annoying one soon*

If the boards moving slow, it moves all choppy.. If the boards moving normally, it's moving normally....after it actually gets going.

If the boards moving slow, it moves all choppy.. If the boards moving normally, it's moving normally....after it actually gets going.

You need a better computer ... or OS then. It's an animated GIF less than 80K, it shouldn't be doing that unless something is wrong with your end.

Got the size wrong the first time.

Last edited:

In essense, the cat is a barometer for the speed of the board...or your computer...or your connection.

A very useful tool indeed!

I figured it out...the kat is typing

"p;/hh"

over and over.

But what does "p;/hh" mean? :eusa_think:

Nothing ... unless you want it to.

You should animate it to type something really offensive... if you ever get that bored that is. :)

When you view many heterosexual marriages you have to wonder if they shouldn't be banned too. Surely they cause more pain and suffering for children and others than gays do or would cause.

Compare the divorce rate of heterosexual marriages to gay marriages.

Last I checked lesbians do better and men do worse... Men tend to be more promiscuous. What a surprise...

Id rather join the "Stop Liberal's from using Oxygen Coalition".......

Lets just ban this....and ban that....and control this...and control that.

Then why are so many conservatives investing so much effort to keep the government in control of marriage and banning gay people from getting the same rights?

Because they are in the same boat......

He sounds like a libertarian, though may have slightly more distaste for one party than the other. This usually depends upon actual or expected annual income. I was a hardcore libertarian before college. Much more certain about social issues than fiscal issues still though. I can't find anything wrong with the general rule that you can do whatever you want so long as it doesn't harm anybody else against their consent.

In a free and democratic society all members of that society MUST have the same basic rights under the law.

Here are the facts,
A homosexual cannot marry another person of the same sex.
A non-homosexual cannot marry another person of the same sex.

A homosexual can marry a person of the opposite sex.
A non-homosexual can marry a person of the opposite sex.

Seems that they have the same basic rights under the law to me.

To illustrate why your comparison is not useful consider this: Before interracial marriage was allowed (against the will of the majority at the time), people argued exactly like you are now:

"A Black cannot marry a White. A White cannot marry a Black. A Black can marry another Black. A white can marry another White."

The bigotted arguments are the same. The main difference social conservatives cite is that ethnicity is not chosen while sexuality is. I beg to differ. People who think you can choose to be gay or straight must be bisexuals. Everybody should be allowed to marry/unionize with the person they love so long as informed consent is involved.

Lets get something straight here, marriage is *NOT* a basic human freedom and never was, that argument is untenable, nor should it be used and abused by people with sexually deviant behaviours to suit their lifestyles.

Lets get something straight here, marriage is *NOT* a basic human freedom and never was, that argument is untenable, nor should it be used and abused by people with sexually deviant behaviours to suit their lifestyles.

Saying it's a religious tradition so it must stay that way isn't tenable either. It's a contract between people and nothing more. Whether it's holy or meaningful depends on the people involved. People get married for wealth, sex, children, citizenship and sometimes even love, among other things. People have frivilous marriages all the time. Does that degrade the sanctimony of Christian marriages? If a frivilous celebrity marriage doesn't defile your own, then how does a homosexual one?

Forum List

Back