Homosexual marriage

Yukon

Rookie
Feb 7, 2009
Deny homosexuals the right to marry and you deny them a basic human freedom.

Conservatives have a deep emotional investment in keeping homosexuals repressed through the maintenance of their morals, just as they did in maintaining their moral boundaries underlying racial segregation in the Deep South a generation ago and slavery a century before that.

Conservatism is based on the "strict father" metaphor of morality, in which a wise father (church or political leader) sets the rules, and the children (the people) are disciplined to comply, thereby gaining discipline. Moral boundaries exist in society, in the conservative's view, to maintain social order and discipline, and that is their primary purpose.

Compliance to established moral boundaries implies acceptance of the legitimacy of the moral authority figures who established them, and it is this acceptance of the legitimacy of this moral authority that is viewed as the very basis of social order. Hence there is a deep investment in the legitimacy of the moral authority, often presumed to be none other than God himself.

What are your views on homosexual marraiges...are you for or against ? I really don';t care if homos get married but if it will make them happier people why not ?

I think it's a matter of how it's phrased. The term "marriage" tends to imply that churches will be forced to acknowledge gay couples at the expense of their religious doctrines. There's no legitimacy to this concern; no one is forcing a church to go against its basic dogma.

The legal aspects are that couples enjoy certain privileges in due to their marital status. From this legal point of view, I don't have a problem with a court performing a ceremony that legitimizes the union between people of the same gender. It has absolutely no impact on me, my views or my life. I frankly don't understand why it's such an issue for others.

The only churches that will acknowledge these sort of unions will be those that voluntarily choose to do so.

homosexual marriage. That's the classic definition of an oxymoron.

The fact is no one is denying them any right to marry. They choose, however, to engage in a lifestyle contrary to marriage. We dont make them have sexual relations with the same gender. They are more than free to marry anyone of the opposite sex that's legally available, just like anyone else is.

The Advesary has always worked through creating imperfect imitations of the divine. This is just another one. Marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God. And it's obvious why. God created two genders because both need to come together to create life. And both need to come together to raise children. Children have a right to have their parents married and raising them.

I'm a lesbian and I'm legally married to my partner of 24 years. I was married in a Buddhist ceremony with my entire supportive spiritual community in attendance. I'm civilly and spiritually married.

It doesn't mean much in America. My partner and I do not have the same rights and priveleges as other married couples. I don't care what our relationship is called. I want the same rights and priveleges to care for my loved woman, my family as any other citizen wants to care for his/her spouse and family. No more, no less.

Marriage equality is a civil rights issue.

Last edited:
  • Banned
In a free and democratic society all members of that society MUST have the same basic rights under the law.

In a free and democratic society all members of that society MUST have the same basic rights under the law.

We dont live in a free and Democratic society.

However, all members do have the same basic rights. The right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Deny homosexuals the right to marry and you deny them a basic human freedom.

Conservatives have a deep emotional investment in keeping homosexuals repressed through the maintenance of their morals, just as they did in maintaining their moral boundaries underlying racial segregation in the Deep South a generation ago and slavery a century before that.

Conservatism is based on the "strict father" metaphor of morality, in which a wise father (church or political leader) sets the rules, and the children (the people) are disciplined to comply, thereby gaining discipline. Moral boundaries exist in society, in the conservative's view, to maintain social order and discipline, and that is their primary purpose.

Compliance to established moral boundaries implies acceptance of the legitimacy of the moral authority figures who established them, and it is this acceptance of the legitimacy of this moral authority that is viewed as the very basis of social order. Hence there is a deep investment in the legitimacy of the moral authority, often presumed to be none other than God himself.

What are your views on homosexual marraiges...are you for or against ? I really don';t care if homos get married but if it will make them happier people why not ?

And Polygamists too.

I think they should legalise it so that Sunni Man and Yukon can marry each other. they deserve each other.

Trolls are people who personalize their attacks in the hopes of getting someone to take the bait.
The label fits for you, SM.

Last edited:
Sunni,

Why is homosexuality wrong...who says it is wrong...why shouldnt they be married ?

Forum List

Back