Homosexual boy scout is mad because he won't be given eagle badge

IT's the scouts rules don't like it take them too court, no wait this has already been done and the Scouts won.
Being Gay is not morally straight according to the scouts.

There is nothing in the scout code saying gays are immoral. That is only the interpretation of scout leadership and is out of touch with 21st century America

There are no laws in our country saying homosexuality is immoral

Yes their is according to scout standards being gay is immoral and according to the court cases the scouts have won their morals their way.

The Supreme Court said the scouts, as a private organization, are allowed to make their own rules

Doesn't mean those rules are right

Scouts are out of touch with American values

There is nothing in the scout code saying gays are immoral. That is only the interpretation of scout leadership and is out of touch with 21st century America

There are no laws in our country saying homosexuality is immoral

Yes their is according to scout standards being gay is immoral and according to the court cases the scouts have won their morals their way.

The Supreme Court said the scouts, as a private organization, are allowed to make their own rules

Doesn't mean those rules are right

Scouts are out of touch with American values

Their rules or the highway

Yanno...............if the U.S. Military can allow gays into their ranks without any problems.............a quick question...................

Why can't the Boy Scouts?

They're pretty much a militaristic organization, aren't they? And besides..............there are benefits for being an Eagle Scout when you enlist.

Yanno...............if the U.S. Military can allow gays into their ranks without any problems.............a quick question...................

They're pretty much a militaristic organization, aren't they? And besides..............there are benefits for being an Eagle Scout when you enlist.

Because the Boy Scouts respect their time honored standards and morality, they are a private group, you want to be one you must follow the rules they have in place.

Because the Boy Scouts respect their time honored standards and morality, they are a private group, you want to be one you must follow the rules they have in place.

Actually, the same thing applies to the military. Each service has their own standards and traditions.

This is different from the military HOW?

Actually, the same thing applies to the military. Each service has their own standards and traditions.

The boy scouts said no to gays the military bowed and sucked the gays asshole.

There is nothing in the Boy Scout Law or oath regarding Homosexuality
It's the Boy Scouts rules and laws that must be followed being a homo according to the Boy Scout is not of good moral standing.
Boy Scout Oath or Promise

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

Note that the Boy Scout Oath has traditionally been considered to have three promises. Those three promises are delineated by the semicolons in the Oath, which divide it into three clauses. The three promises of the Scout Oath are, therefore:

Duty to God and country,
Duty to other people, and
Duty to self
DUTY TO GOD AND COUNTRY: Your family and religious leaders teach you to know and serve God. By following these teachings, you do your duty to God.

Men and women of the past worked to make America great, and many gave their lives for their country. By being a good family member and a good citizen, by working for your country's good and obeying its laws, you do your duty to your country. Obeying the Scout Law means living by its 12 points.

DUTY TO OTHER PEOPLE: Many people need help. A cheery smile and a helping hand make life easier for others. By doing a Good Turn daily and helping when you're needed, you prove yourself a Scout and do your part to make this a better world.

DUTY TO SELF: Keeping yourself physically strong means taking care of your body. Eat the right foods and build your strength. Staying mentally awake means learn all you can, be curious, and ask questions. Being morally straight means to live your life with honesty, to be clean in your speech and actions, and to be a person of strong character.

Boy Scout Law

A Scout is:

Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.

Boy Scout Oath, Law and Motto
He wasn't trust worthy because he did not reveal that he was gay.

I am very familiar with the Boy Scout code. None of what you posted mentions homosexuality. It is only an outdated sense of values by the scouts that equates homosexuality with immoral behavior......the rest of society does not

You don't speak for the rest of society slick, you speak for yourself and maybe for those who believe in moral relativism just like you do. Tens of millions of people in this nation STILL conisder homosexual behavior to be sinful and immoral, the BSA among them. The Lord says it's a sinful abomination therefore by defintion immoral and I think when it comes to the question of what is moral and what is immoral, I'll go with what the Lord says, not with what some heathen on a message board says.

Give him the goddamned badge. I wonder if they'd have the balls to deny a black scout a badge for being black.....

Being black alone isn't against the rules, but if the black guy was a lying sodomite like this guy was, yeah, they'd deny him the badge also.

The Scouts' national spokesman, Deron Smith, said late Thursday that Ryan contributed to his situation by disagreeing with the BSA's religious principles.
"Recently, a Scout proactively notified his unit leadership and Eagle Scout Counselor that he does not agree to Scouting's principle of "Duty to God" and does not meet Scouting's membership standard on sexual orientation," Smith wrote in a statement to Yahoo News. "While the BSA did not proactively ask for this information, based on his statements and after discussion with his family he is being informed that he is no longer eligible for membership in Scouting."
Smith said belief in God is the foundation of scouting's strong, continuing commitment to encouraging moral, ethical and spiritual growth. It is the position of the Boy Scouts of America that no one can reach their full potential without belief in a higher power.

So....if you don't believe in the Judeo-Christian god you can't be a Boy Scout?

If you don't bow down to imaginary idols, you can't join a neo-nazi group of bullies.

I agree with the two posts above - one, that this kid's bully wall is really great and the Boy Scouts could learn a few things from him. And, that Scouts used to be about family and country and learning to be self-sufficient WHILE learning to work together as a group.

While they revile this Scout and refuse to give him the badge her EARNED, they're also getting ready to give up some of the pedophiles they've been hiding.

And yet, the rw's (of course) say this boy isn't christian enough for the Scouts.

What a crock of hypocrisy you rw's really are.

You could learn a few things from this kid too.

What an idiot you are. There are many Jewish Boy Scouts that aren't Christian at all.

It's the Boy Scouts rules and laws that must be followed being a homo according to the Boy Scout is not of good moral standing.
Boy Scout Oath or Promise

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

Note that the Boy Scout Oath has traditionally been considered to have three promises. Those three promises are delineated by the semicolons in the Oath, which divide it into three clauses. The three promises of the Scout Oath are, therefore:

Duty to God and country,
Duty to other people, and
Duty to self
DUTY TO GOD AND COUNTRY: Your family and religious leaders teach you to know and serve God. By following these teachings, you do your duty to God.

Men and women of the past worked to make America great, and many gave their lives for their country. By being a good family member and a good citizen, by working for your country's good and obeying its laws, you do your duty to your country. Obeying the Scout Law means living by its 12 points.

DUTY TO OTHER PEOPLE: Many people need help. A cheery smile and a helping hand make life easier for others. By doing a Good Turn daily and helping when you're needed, you prove yourself a Scout and do your part to make this a better world.

DUTY TO SELF: Keeping yourself physically strong means taking care of your body. Eat the right foods and build your strength. Staying mentally awake means learn all you can, be curious, and ask questions. Being morally straight means to live your life with honesty, to be clean in your speech and actions, and to be a person of strong character.

Boy Scout Law

A Scout is:

Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.

Boy Scout Oath, Law and Motto
He wasn't trust worthy because he did not reveal that he was gay.

I am very familiar with the Boy Scout code. None of what you posted mentions homosexuality. It is only an outdated sense of values by the scouts that equates homosexuality with immoral behavior......the rest of society does not

You don't speak for the rest of society slick, you speak for yourself and maybe for those who believe in moral relativism just like you do. Tens of millions of people in this nation STILL conisder homosexual behavior to be sinful and immoral, the BSA among them. The Lord says it's a sinful abomination therefore by defintion immoral and I think when it comes to the question of what is moral and what is immoral, I'll go with what the Lord says, not with what some heathen on a message board says.

Afraid your Taliban utopia no longer exists. There are no laws in our society saying homosexuality is immoral. Gays can marry, openly serve in our military, teach your children, adopt and the last vestiges of discrimination are fading away.
You can no longer force your personal hatred on the rest of us and soon, neither will the BSA

I highlighted the relevant section that answers you dumb question.

Try again.

I highlighted the relevant section that answers you dumb question.

Try again.

Nobody questions they have a right to do it......only whether it is the right thing to do

It truly is simple the BSA is a private organization and there rules must be followed and obeyed. IF you don't like it hit the dayum road. They have already been taken to court and won. This truly is a non-issue.

Afraid your Taliban utopia no longer exists. There are no laws in our society saying homosexuality is immoral. Gays can marry, openly serve in our military, teach your children, adopt and the last vestiges of discrimination are fading away.
You can no longer force your personal hatred on the rest of us and soon, neither will the BSA

Hey dumbass, US law doesn't define morality. There are no laws against adultery, yet it is STILL an immoral act. There are no laws against seeing a child starving to death in front of your eyes while you do nothing, that doesn't mean it's moral to do so. Laws in Nevada say prostitution is legal, that doesn't make it moral. I could go on and on but it's pointless. When dealing with you I've said this before, and I'll say it again. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't teach a dumbass anything

Hey dumbass, US law doesn't define morality. There are no laws against adultery, yet it is STILL an immoral act. There are no laws against seeing a child starving to death in front of your eyes while you do nothing, that doesn't mean it's moral to do so. Laws in Nevada say prostitution is legal, that doesn't make it moral. I could go on and on but it's pointless. When dealing with you I've said this before, and I'll say it again. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't teach a dumbass anything

No laws against starving children?
Still hung up on sex aren't ya? Racism is a choice.....sex is naughty

What country do you live in Joe Taliban?

Last edited:

The good ole USA son, which has no laws forcing you to feed your neighbor's child if you see them starving. Or are you trying to tell me where you live there are laws forcing you to donate food to the hungry. Like I said US laws don't define morality, God does.

The good ole USA son, which has no laws forcing you to feed your neighbor's child if you see them starving. Or are you trying to tell me where you live there are laws forcing you to donate food to the hungry. Like I said US laws don't define morality, God does.

Tell us again Taliban

You are more concerned with peoples bedrooms than what they do to each other in public. You spout your hatred daily, harass homosexuals........and call them immoral
You sir, are the most immoral poster we have

Forum List

Back