Homosexual boy scout is mad because he won't be given eagle badge

BSA leadership is stuck in a 1950s ideal of morality. It will gradually change as homosexuality is widely accepted.

Scouting is still a good experience for a boy and imparts good life skills......BSA national just needs to get out of the way

Lol, that's too funny. Morality doesn't change slick, as a society drifts further from God what they accept as normal changes, but that doesn't mean just because they're willing to accept filth as normal that that filth all of a sudden becomes moral. What was immoral in 1950 is still immoral today. As a matter of fact, what was immoral in 4000BC is STILL immoral today. Moral relativism, which is what you're embracing, is just a means for immoral people to justify their immorality by saying, well everyone else thinks it's ok.

Far from the truth my friend

Morality has shifted through time. In fact, we are a more moral society today. The Bible considered slavery to be moral. In fact, after Moses led the Jews out of slavery, God did not even include slavery in the Ten Commandments

Slavery was once moral, so was segregation, subjugation of women, beating children and whipping

Homosexuality is now entering the realm of moral behavior...in fact, it always has been

The bible made no such claims about slavery son. And no, we are not a more moral society today and for you to say so shows me you haven't a clue what moral means and you have no knowledge of America's cultural history. In other words, as usual you're spewing crap.

Lol, that's too funny. Morality doesn't change slick, as a society drifts further from God what they accept as normal changes, but that doesn't mean just because they're willing to accept filth as normal that that filth all of a sudden becomes moral. What was immoral in 1950 is still immoral today. As a matter of fact, what was immoral in 4000BC is STILL immoral today. Moral relativism, which is what you're embracing, is just a means for immoral people to justify their immorality by saying, well everyone else thinks it's ok.

Morality has shifted through time. In fact, we are a more moral society today. The Bible considered slavery to be moral. In fact, after Moses led the Jews out of slavery, God did not even include slavery in the Ten Commandments

Slavery was once moral, so was segregation, subjugation of women, beating children and whipping

Homosexuality is now entering the realm of moral behavior...in fact, it always has been

The bible made no such claims about slavery son. And no, we are not a more moral society today and for you to say so shows me you haven't a clue what moral means and you have no knowledge of America's cultural history. In other words, as usual you're spewing crap.

I'm afraid the Bible was perfectly fine with the institution of slavery, raping your slaves and the proper way to beat them.......not a strong moral viewpoint

We are a much more moral country than we were fifty years ago. We understand the moral implications of racism, we understand the role of women in our society, we understand that homosexuals are not evil creatures

But then again, we still have cretins such as yourself reminding us of how bad our society used to be

The new morality is no morality at all. We are becoming a degraded morass of self indulgence.

The Old Testament talked about slavery frequently. It mentioned how you should treat your slaves and how they should treat you. Usually it listed a time limit for slaves as being 6 years, I guess that's more like indentured servants but in truth, indentured servants in the early Americas were treated worse than the slaves. They had to get as much work as possible out of them before the contract expired.

I'm afraid the Bible was perfectly fine with the institution of slavery, raping your slaves and the proper way to beat them.......not a strong moral viewpoint

We are a much more moral country than we were fifty years ago. We understand the moral implications of racism, we understand the role of women in our society, we understand that homosexuals are not evil creatures

But then again, we still have cretins such as yourself reminding us of how bad our society used to be

I do not think we are more moral today than 50 years ago. I think is some ways we are better and in others we are worse, but overall, I don't think we are better.

I do not think we are more moral today than 50 years ago. I think is some ways we are better and in others we are worse, but overall, I don't think we are better.

Just the way society is more accepting of homosexuals is more moral. 50 years ago you were free to beat up homosexuals on any imagined pretext. You could fire them, deny them a place to live or even......you ready?.......kick them out of the Army

Americans practiced a strange ‘morality’ 50/60 years ago…

The ‘morality’ of segregation, racism and discrimination.

The misogynistic ‘morality’ of women as second class citizens, the ‘morality’ of subjecting Jews to restrictions, and the ‘morality’ of classifying homosexuals as being ‘mentally ill.’

Thankfully we’re not such a ‘moral’ Nation anymore.

The new morality is no morality at all. We are becoming a degraded morass of self indulgence.

Free choice by reasoning things out, instead of relying on blind faith in marching orders, does NOT mean having no morality/amorality or immorality.

Unfortunately people take it too far, where it starts defeating the purpose
and becoming as oppressive and exclusive as the very policies being questioned!

Many Americans appear to be going through a teen-age phase of learning by rebelling.
In social development, that is a normal human stage; and there are ways to WORK with this phase where it doesn't become problematic or dangerous.

You certainly don't give teenagers everything they demand, claiming abuse of authority is unjust.

At some point the teenage phase is supposed to move toward independent adulthood.
So all these experiences are part of that learning curve.

We just can't let people themselves hurt themselves on it. You are free to fall off your own bike while learning to ride. But you don't have the right to learn by killing someone driving a car recklessly. We can and should allow for the learning curve in life, but keep it contained where people are held responsible for the consequences of their actions while learning! Not charging these costs to other people, especially not the ones you chose to ignore so you could learn the hard way. That's fine if you want to learn by choice, but you pay for it!

Last edited:

Lol, we understand the moral implications of racism? Racism (a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement) in and of itself isn't immoral, it's a statement of fact, therefore it cannot be moral or immoral, it just is what it is. As for your bs about the "role of woman in our society", if by that you mean them being able to slaughter their children in the womb at will, their knowledge that they can screw anyone they want and not be considered to be a piece of trash, if you mean their being able to abandon their kids to nannies and babysitters to raise while they pursue their careers, if you mean single women's willingness to yell out in public that the tax payer should be paying for their birth control, that's not the moral role, that's them embracing their immorality. Now we get to your final point, "we understand homosexuals are not evil creatures". Well that's true, they're not evil, they're just immoral people engaging in an immoral act. Nothing you've given me here points to any great uptick in morality in this nation, but rather proves my point that moral relativism is the practice of accepting immorality as normal.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Just the way society is more accepting of homosexuals is more moral. 50 years ago you were free to beat up homosexuals on any imagined pretext. You could fire them, deny them a place to live or even......you ready?.......kick them out of the Army

I keep telling you slick, what you're describing isn't morality, it's moral relativism. Just because a society is more accepting of immoral behavior, that doesn't change the fact that the behavior it has become more accepting of is immoral to begin with.

I keep telling you slick, what you're describing isn't morality, it's moral relativism. Just because a society is more accepting of immoral behavior, that doesn't change the fact that the behavior it has become more accepting of is immoral to begin with.

Afraid so,

Racism, abuse of gays, subjugation of women are ALL moral issues. They reflect on us as a society

What ISN'T a moral issue is what consenting adults choose to do in bed together

Afraid so,

Racism, abuse of gays, subjugation of women are ALL moral issues. They reflect on us as a society

Sounds more like the Republican Party platform.

Afraid so,

Of course it's not a moral issue people like you that have no absolute morals. THAT is my point, moral relativism allows YOU to choose what is moral and immoral. Hell the Nazis though putting people in the gas chambers was moral behavior so your defintion of morality is no different than theirs, moral is anything I think is good or right. Save it slick, I ain't buying your heathenistic BS today.

Afraid so,

Of course it's not a moral issue people like you that have no absolute morals. THAT is my point, moral relativism allows YOU to choose what is moral and immoral. Hell the Nazis though putting people in the gas chambers was moral behavior so your defintion of morality is no different than theirs, moral is anything I think is good or right. Save it slick, I ain't buying your heathenistic BS today.

Hating people because of the color of their skin, their economic standing, their religion or their sexual makeup harms our society and makes us less human and is immoral

Consensual sex does not

The rightwings hangups with all things sexual while they encourage hatred is immoral. You, sir, are our prime practitioner

Afraid so,

Hating people because of the color of their skin, their economic standing, their religion or their sexual makeup harms our society and makes us less human and is immoral

Consensual sex does not

The rightwings hangups with all things sexual while they encourage hatred is immoral. You, sir, are our prime practitioner

Hatred in and of itself is not immoral sorry. By the way, I don't have hangups with all things sexual, I just consider sex to be something more important for human beings than it is for animals.

Last edited:

Consensual sex does not

Hatred in and of itself is not immoral sorry. By the way, I don't have hangups with all things sexual, I just consider sex to be something more important for human beings than it is for animals.

Hate is not immoral

Sex is

You have a misshapen set of values

Lol, we understand the moral implications of racism? Racism (a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement) in and of itself isn't immoral, it's a statement of fact, therefore it cannot be moral or immoral, it just is what it is.

What a disgrace. You pretend to be a preacher? You're not even a Christian. You are in every way, a fraud.

If the scout is in the closet... give him the fricking eaglet for heaven's sake,

if he is a screaming Queen ....may be don't.

Forum List

Back