Hitler actually deregulated guns

[

Obama doesn't let us know until it's already law. Cass Sunstein has already written the regulations. Obama is simply waiting for the right time to put into effect. It may not be a outright ban but some form of tax or requirement that makes it impossible to own a gun if you live anywhere near a school or a place where children are. We don't know in what form it will come.

They've been thinking about this for years. This is what Fast & Furious was all about. Obama has said in the past he doesn't believe in private gun ownership and I think he's just cocky enough to try making it happen and he thinks now he has the excuse. Problem is nothing he does will stop mass-murder. That's impossible. He just wants to take our guns. He won't come out and say it till it's too late to do anything about it.

Yup, you're losing it... Conspiracy theories, etc.

I wish Obama had the guts to ban gun ownership, but he'll probalby just agree to some cosmetic measures until the next attrocity.

The real change- Rich people no longe find the National Rampage Association the useful idiots they were.

When they start shooting up rich people's schools, gun control is coming.

I don't think making guns illegal is Obama's goal. He's signed a bill making sure he has armed protection for the rest of his life. His goal is to make sure that nobody but the right folks have weapons. He will allow police and security guards the right to have weapons but private ownership is what he's after.

really? show us where he proposes banning private ownership of all firearms. thanks!

Obama doesn't let us know until it's already law. Cass Sunstein has already written the regulations. Obama is simply waiting for the right time to put into effect. It may not be a outright ban but some form of tax or requirement that makes it impossible to own a gun if you live anywhere near a school or a place where children are. We don't know in what form it will come.

They've been thinking about this for years. This is what Fast & Furious was all about. Obama has said in the past he doesn't believe in private gun ownership and I think he's just cocky enough to try making it happen and he thinks now he has the excuse. Problem is nothing he does will stop mass-murder. That's impossible. He just wants to take our guns. He won't come out and say it till it's too late to do anything about it.

Fast and Furious was about watching illegal gun sales from soup to nuts. That was it. How does that map to this?

Really? What facts? How about the simple fact that comparing sensible gun legislation to Hitler and the Nazis is ludicrous? That fact.

The fact you jump to a story and treat it as fact with no real knowledge of Hitler and his regime. He came into power under a strict gun regime he didn't total deregulate as many liberals are seeming to suggest because of this one article. The fact is he regulated tougher laws for some and softer laws for others.

I have never made the gun control, Hitler connection. The laws were already in place and were a bad idea, it left its citizens powerless against any tyrant.

Hitler would have done whatever he needed to do to stay in power.

It's a pretty much a myth to think that "private citizens" can overthrow a tyrant. This is done by a popular movement and then basically with patronage from another country.

Our own revolution probably would not have succeeded without help from France.

Well maybe we can get the French to help us with the Obama problem.

The fact you jump to a story and treat it as fact with no real knowledge of Hitler and his regime. He came into power under a strict gun regime he didn't total deregulate as many liberals are seeming to suggest because of this one article. The fact is he regulated tougher laws for some and softer laws for others.

I have never made the gun control, Hitler connection. The laws were already in place and were a bad idea, it left its citizens powerless against any tyrant.

It's a pretty much a myth to think that "private citizens" can overthrow a tyrant. This is done by a popular movement and then basically with patronage from another country.

I don't think Obama's a problem.

Time for you to learn French.

Learn French with TELL ME MORE

The French have their own liberal problem.

That doesn't mean there isn't some country that would be willing to help us. China or Russia are both good contenders.

That doesn't mean there isn't some country that would be willing to help us. China or Russia are both good contenders.

I was being sarcastic.

I was being sarcastic.

Oh, is that what it was?

Frankly, the main problem is that you guys are just being bad losers. You found the best guy you could pitch and the American people weren't buying.

Of course, teh best guy you could find was a Weird Mormon Robot who said bizarre things like "I like to Fire People", which was part of the problem.

If gun control comes, it's because a lot of Americans will just be sick of hearing about yet another school or theatre shooting and demand something be done about it.

What facts Sea? You talk a lot about facts but you seem to go with whatever article fits your agenda. The fact is Hitler kept the same gun laws as previous regimes and granted favored status to certain favored people in his country and made it tougher on groups he deemed bad, such as Jews, homosexuals and certain religious sects that would not conform.

Really? What facts? How about the simple fact that comparing sensible gun legislation to Hitler and the Nazis is ludicrous? That fact.

Nothing you just said makes Hitler/Obama references any less ridiculous.

I don't think Obama's a problem.

Time for you to learn French.

Learn French with TELL ME MORE

I'd rather study El Spanol, Deutche, or Nihongo.

Ironcially, the guy who imposed gun control on Germany...

Dwight D. Eisenhower after the war.

Yes, ironic. :eusa_shifty:

Yup, ironic.

Guess Eisenhower didn't want any insurgencies.

Joe's arguments crumble on a regular basis.

Or that he realized that the DEMOCRATIC society we were trying to build in Germany after the war didn't require every yahoo to have a gun.

If you aren't a soldier or a policeman, you don't need a gun.

You might WANT a gun, but you don't need a gun.

Incidently, as Right Wing nuts pointed out in the Bush years, Ike did have to deal with an insurgency. One he rather effectively put down. So the whole notion that you guys can take on armies with your saturday night special is just as silly now as it was then.

[

Yup, you're losing it... Conspiracy theories, etc.

I wish Obama had the guts to ban gun ownership, but he'll probalby just agree to some cosmetic measures until the next attrocity.

The real change- Rich people no longe find the National Rampage Association the useful idiots they were.

When they start shooting up rich people's schools, gun control is coming.

It's not about "guts" it's about belief. President Obama believes Americans have the right to own firearms. Which gets lost in the hyperbole. He's a moderate.

But you are right about one thing, he doesn't have the same sort of tenacity that Bush had when pursuing an agenda. He also doesn't have a pack of rabid radicals like the PNAC folks backing him up. Iraq was a pretty brilliant example of that. They latched on to an unconnected crisis and built a story around it to get something that was, on it's face, ludicrous, but became more pausible as the narrative was retold. And they were also able to effectively demonize the opposition to the invasion, and did so in a very effective manner.

Obama isn't going to "go there".

Yup, ironic.

Or that he realized that the DEMOCRATIC society we were trying to build in Germany after the war didn't require every yahoo to have a gun.

Incidently, as Right Wing nuts pointed out in the Bush years, Ike did have to deal with an insurgency. One he rather effectively put down. So the whole notion that you guys can take on armies with your saturday night special is just as silly now as it was then.

I see your desperation growing as your argument falls apart. :cool:

really? show us where he proposes banning private ownership of all firearms. thanks!

Fast and Furious was about watching illegal gun sales from soup to nuts. That was it. How does that map to this?

If you could take the blinders off long enough maybe this country won't go to hell in a hand basket.

Fast & Furious was just another angle to go after gun ownership. They were giving speeches and releasing media reports about guns going over the border at the same time they were doing it. It blew up in their faces. If Congress was running the way it should Obama would have been impeached over it....but Congress has been rigged by the Administration. Nobody can be trusted.

Yup, ironic.

The reason for the 2nd Amendment is because government cannot be trusted. That is why the framers put it in the Constitution. Germany is a prime example of why you need a 2nd Amendment, but you're not smart enough to figure that out.

Forum List

Back