NRA does many things

I advocate universal background checks and red flag laws. How about you. If not why?
Depends on what you consider a background check. I have seen everything from the current system up to mandatory training and psychological evaluations thrown out under the umbrella term of background checks. I support a system that is free and open to all citizens to use. iMO the more obstacles you place in front of someone who wants a gun the more likely they are to obtain one illegally. Same with Red Flag laws. I support them only if there is a clearly defined criteria and process to initiate the procedure. There also needs to be steps to have guns returned and severe penalties for false reports.

Their job is to protect our right, they oppose laws that do that.
The NRA was organized to teach markanmanship and gun education. For 100 years, that was their focus. In that time machine guns and other weapons of war were banned for personal use. They made no objections.
They did not change their focus to the 2nd ammendment until the 1970's. Their advocacy has not only resulted in minimalizing gun regulations but have resulted in large gun sales. The gun manufacturers best friend is the NRA. The USA has 120 civilian guns per 100 people. Next is Yemen at 52 per 100 people.

The NRA was organized to teach markanmanship and gun education. For 100 years, that was their focus. In that time machine guns and other weapons of war were banned for personal use. They made no objections.
They did not change their focus to the 2nd ammendment until the 1970's. Their advocacy has not only resulted in minimalizing gun regulations but have resulted in large gun sales. The gun manufacturers best friend is the NRA. The USA has 120 civilian guns per 100 people. Next is Yemen at 52 per 100 people.

An AR-15 is not a weapon of war.

That is irrelevant to my comments. Machine guns were considered a weapon of war because the deadlieness of automatic firing. What hunter, marksman or one owning a gun for personal protection would need it.
For the same reason why is a semi-automatic weapon needed. A semi-automatic weapon is good for someone who has no marks man skills. You point the gun in the direction you want to shoot and bullets will rip whatever ies there in a huge radius. It is also good for killing many people in a short time. What kind of people require that. Military and very sick civilians.

That is irrelevant to my comments. Machine guns were considered a weapon of war because the deadlieness of automatic firing. What hunter, marksman or one owning a gun for personal protection would need it.
For the same reason why is a semi-automatic weapon needed. A semi-automatic weapon is good for someone who has no marks man skills. You point the gun in the direction you want to shoot and bullets will rip whatever ies there in a huge radius. It is also good for killing many people in a short time. What kind of people require that. Military and very sick civilians.

You brought up the term, and we know you are talking about semi-automatics.

Because why make a person use a bolt action or a lever action when trying to defend themselves?

Would the criminals be guaranteed to be similarly limited?

That’s why police and private security forces always use single shot firearms. They have the extra training that makes semi automatic firearms pointless

You brought up the term, and we know you are talking about semi-automatics.

Because why make a person use a bolt action or a lever action when trying to defend themselves?

Would the criminals be guaranteed to be similarly limited?
lever action allows rapid fire. The laws would apply to everyone.
We know the laws only go so far. They will prevent a lot of people from not purchasing, including may crazy people and criminals. If someone really wants one they will get it.
Most criminas and crazy people take the path of least resistance. Many steal guns.

If you really feel you need an AR-15 to protect yourself and they are outlawed, you would find a way to gt one.
Most people, most criminals and most crazy people would not.

Mre important than banning weapons is mandatory background checks and red flag laws.
The only people against those laws could not pass a backgound check or they are crazy.

That’s why police and private security forces always use single shot firearms. They have the extra training that makes semi automatic firearms pointless
Thank you, and police are major advocates of keeping semi-automatic weapons out of regular ciizens possession.

lever action allows rapid fire. The laws would apply to everyone.
We know the laws only go so far. They will prevent a lot of people from not purchasing, including may crazy people and criminals. If someone really wants one they will get it.
Most criminas and crazy people take the path of least resistance. Many steal guns.

If you really feel you need an AR-15 to protect yourself and they are outlawed, you would find a way to gt one.
Most people, most criminals and most crazy people would not.

Mre important than banning weapons is mandatory background checks and red flag laws.
The only people against those laws could not pass a backgound check or they are crazy.

Nice rationalizing there. And I want to be able to buy one legally, not illegally. That's the whole point.

No, the issue is the blue States would abuse the checks and the red flag laws against law abiding citizens. They are the problem in this debate, not RKBA supporters. And that's why organizations like the NRA are needed.

Thank you, and police are major advocates of keeping semi-automatic weapons out of regular ciizens possession.

Because they are hypocrites.

And it's police management, not the rank and file.

And usually only in Blue areas.

Nice rationalizing there. And I want to be able to buy one legally, not illegally. That's the whole point.

No, the issue is the blue States would abuse the checks and the red flag laws against law abiding citizens. They are the problem in this debate, not RKBA supporters. And that's why organizations like the NRA are needed.
Why do you need an AR-15. You know what they say about guys who have to have big guns.
120 guns per 100 people in the USA. What do you want.
Yemen is a country of crazies, terrorists in a culture of violence and they only have 52 guns per 100 people.

Why do you need an AR-15. You know what they say about guys who have to have big guns.
Why are you concerned about the property of others? What happened to you just minding your own damn business? When You base one’s rights on needs you are talking about privileges at that point. If you don’t want an Ar cool no one is forcing you to own one. Let other make the choice for themselves

Why are you concerned about the property of others? What happened to you just minding your own damn business? When You base one’s rights on needs you are talking about privileges at that point. If you don’t want an Ar cool no one is forcing you to own one. Let other make the choice for themselves
I want a M1A2 Abrams tank but the government will not let me have one. It is a very powerful arms.
Do you think that is fair.

I used to be an nra member. I requested where my membership went. I got nothing. Never ever again.

Can you instruct me how I can do that? One with the gun is functional.
Hold on are you claiming a semi automatic rifle in the 22 caliber range is equivalent to a gun that fires a round weighing almost 40 pounds. If you want to have a serious conversation cool drop the stupid bullshit.

Forum List

Back