Hillary Clinton's Bosnia Trip

Do you believe Hillary's claim that she was under sniper fire in Bosnia?

• Yes, I think she was telling the complete truth.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
To be clear, this thread is not about Donald Trump, he is not the topic of this thread.

The topic of this thread is weather or not you believe Hillary's claim that she was under sniper fire in Bosnia?

Do you believe her? Why or why not?

Personally, I think she was lying. The video of the event simply does not jibe with her ridiculous story and other people who were there contradict her account. I also find it difficult to believe that the US military would take the CINC's wife to an unsecured area where she was threatened by sniper fire. That's some of the reasons that I think she was lying.

She was lying. She embellished the facts to make her own experiences seem more fantastic in an attempt to gain favor with an audience she was speaking to.

Unattractive thing to do.

Next?

Next, don't vote for a such a confirmed liar.

To be clear, this thread is not about Donald Trump, he is not the topic of this thread.

The topic of this thread is weather or not you believe Hillary's claim that she was under sniper fire in Bosnia?

Personally, I think she was lying. The video of the event simply does not jibe with her ridiculous story and other people who were there contradict her account. I also find it difficult to believe that the US military would take the CINC's wife to an unsecured area where she was threatened by sniper fire. That's some of the reasons that I think she was lying.

It appears to me that Ms Clinton has led a very active life full of literally thousands of events which if experienced by the average person and taken one at a time might be ONE of the most interesting things we as civilians may have participated in. If in recalling one of these incidents ten years later she mis spoke on a detail I can't say I would get every detail right either. So her memory isn't photographically perfect. So what? Did she gain anything by mis stating a certain point in the plane's landing and debarking? She was told to expect the possibility of sniper fire and had to put on protective gear. Saying she was actually under sniper fire might have been a misunderstanding she felt while in the plane and departing to the cars. Who knows? It seems to me a minor misunderstanding and while making a statement a decade after the fact. Because she is not PERFECT in recalling the landing she is now a world class liar?

Face it. Most of you people would be pissing on yourselves in the same situation. And THAT'S all you would be able to remember if it was you there. Good Grief you people are some sorry hypocrites. Why Hillary would WANT to be YOUR president is beyond me. You are just a bunch of worthless morons.

I'm still not voting for Clinton but it certainly is NOT for something as ridiculous as if she can remember the Bosnia landing in photographic detail or not.

Seriously?? The best example of equivocation I've seen in 5 years.

At least I took the time to research the Bosnia landing incident. Offering truth requires that there is someone willing to listen to it. What kind of equivocation do you call THAT?

then you should take the time and do the research and see how an incident in 1996 fits in with voter concerns in 2016.

I don't have voter concerns. I will not be voting for Hillary OR Donald. You people are fighting like a pack of rabid dogs over two piles of shit. I just chime in when it gets ridiculous. I don't give a rat's shit over the Bosnia landing incident and how it was miss portrayed by her and how that miss portrayal is miss portrayed by you people. I did the research and as it turns out you guys make up a hell of a lot more than she does. AND THAT'S a fact!

OK, then, present anyone making up such a story that was so profoundly untrue. I can't remember anyone doing so. We are not talking about getting facts wrong or even engaging in hyperbole, we are talking of making a story completely out of sail cloth and sticking to it.

Show us what your research revealed.

She was lying. She embellished the facts to make her own experiences seem more fantastic in an attempt to gain favor with an audience she was speaking to.

Next?

Do all politicians lie?

It appears to me that Ms Clinton has led a very active life full of literally thousands of events which if experienced by the average person and taken one at a time might be ONE of the most interesting things we as civilians may have participated in. If in recalling one of these incidents ten years later she mis spoke on a detail I can't say I would get every detail right either. So her memory isn't photographically perfect. So what? Did she gain anything by mis stating a certain point in the plane's landing and debarking? She was told to expect the possibility of sniper fire and had to put on protective gear. Saying she was actually under sniper fire might have been a misunderstanding she felt while in the plane and departing to the cars. Who knows? It seems to me a minor misunderstanding and while making a statement a decade after the fact. Because she is not PERFECT in recalling the landing she is now a world class liar?

Face it. Most of you people would be pissing on yourselves in the same situation. And THAT'S all you would be able to remember if it was you there. Good Grief you people are some sorry hypocrites. Why Hillary would WANT to be YOUR president is beyond me. You are just a bunch of worthless morons.

I'm still not voting for Clinton but it certainly is NOT for something as ridiculous as if she can remember the Bosnia landing in photographic detail or not.

At least I took the time to research the Bosnia landing incident. Offering truth requires that there is someone willing to listen to it. What kind of equivocation do you call THAT?

then you should take the time and do the research and see how an incident in 1996 fits in with voter concerns in 2016.

I don't have voter concerns. I will not be voting for Hillary OR Donald. You people are fighting like a pack of rabid dogs over two piles of shit. I just chime in when it gets ridiculous. I don't give a rat's shit over the Bosnia landing incident and how it was miss portrayed by her and how that miss portrayal is miss portrayed by you people. I did the research and as it turns out you guys make up a hell of a lot more than she does. AND THAT'S a fact!

OK, then, present anyone making up such a story that was so profoundly untrue. I can't remember anyone doing so. We are not talking about getting facts wrong or even engaging in hyperbole, we are talking of making a story completely out of sail cloth and sticking to it.

You are ASKING for deflection. You love deflection so much that you ask for it.

Next?

Do all politicians lie?

Not all. But most. The issue is the degree to which they lie, and how it affects the country. When bill clinton lied about getting a hummer from monica I truly couldn't give a shit. When hilary lies about how she is engaging in a pay to play scheme while Sec of State, that directly affects this country and all who live in it. That is criminal, and a threat the very fabric of this country.

Next?

Do all politicians lie?

Not all. But most. The issue is the degree to which they lie, and how it affects the country. When bill clinton lied about getting a hummer from monica I truly couldn't give a shit. When hilary lies about how she is engaging in a pay to play scheme while Sec of State, that directly affects this country and all who live in it. That is criminal, and a threat the very fabric of this country.

Clinton did not engage in a pay for play scheme while Sec. Of State. She in no way threatened the "very fabric" of this country. You are prone to overblown rhetoric...fueled by your unnatural distrust of politicians who have reached national prominence.

This thread is about Clinton lying regarding her experience in Bosnia. It has been proven...beyond reasonable doubt....that she did that. It has not been proven that any wrongdoing occurred related to her tenure as SOS and the Clinton Foundation. A tenuous appearance of impropriety does not destroy the very fabric of this nation.

You tried to draw connecting lines between the two...using evidence for one as proof of the other. Weak attempt.

Last edited:

Next?

Do all politicians lie?

Clinton did not engage in a pay for play scheme while Sec. Of State. She in no way threatened the "very fabric" of this country. You are prone to overblown rhetoric...fueled by your unnatural distrust of politicians who have reached national prominence.

This thread is about Clinton lying regarding her experience in Bosnia. It has been proven...beyond reasonable doubt....that she did that. It has not been proven that any wrongdoing occurred related to her tenure as SOS and the Clinton Foundation. A tenuous appearance of impropriety does not destroy the very fabric of this nation.

You tried to draw connecting lines between the two...using evidence for one as proof of the other. Weak attempt.

The AP put together a list of donors and those who gained access to Hillary. More than 50 percent of those gaining access donated. Is that wrong? Or just appears wrong? Remember, this wasn't the VRWC that provided the link it was the AP.

Next?

Do all politicians lie?

Actually in my opinion, Bill's lie effected the country in a very negative way. Had he just lied about it then he would have just been a rascal who can't keep his pants closed. But when he lied under oath that lowered the bar for honesty and that is exactly what we see today. Hillary has no concern about telling the truth and she has good reason.

Next?

Do all politicians lie?

The AP put together a list of donors and those who gained access to Hillary. More than 50 percent of those gaining access donated. Is that wrong? Or just appears wrong? Remember, this wasn't the VRWC that provided the link it was the AP.

You are a dupe. Pay attention to this.

The AP mentioned 85 donors who got access.

The Secretary met with THOUSANDS of people during her tenure. That 50% headline was click bait and is being SOUNDLY panned in the press for being inaccurate and misleading.

You believe it...and repeat it. Because you are a dupe.

Do all politicians lie?

The Secretary met with THOUSANDS of people during her tenure. That 50% headline was click bait and is being SOUNDLY panned in the press for being inaccurate and misleading.

Here is what the AP reported as found in Hillary's emails she tried hard to hide. People don't give that kind of money without some thought of a return on investment. Note something my posts almost always contain, supporting links, something your posts almost never, or never contain.

The Associated Press reported that 85 of the 154 people representing private interests who met or had telephone conversations scheduled with Clinton had donated as much as $156 million to her family foundation.

At least 40 contributed more than $100,000 each, while 20 gave over $1 million.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com Mike Pence on AP's Clinton Foundation Report: More Evidence of 'Pay-to-Play'
Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now!

Mike Pence on AP's Clinton Foundation Report: More Evidence of 'Pay-to-Play'

Do all politicians lie?

Here is what the AP reported as found in Hillary's emails she tried hard to hide. People don't give that kind of money without some thought of a return on investment. Note something my posts almost always contain, supporting links, something your posts almost never, or never contain.

The Associated Press reported that 85 of the 154 people representing private interests who met or had telephone conversations scheduled with Clinton had donated as much as $156 million to her family foundation.

At least 40 contributed more than $100,000 each, while 20 gave over $1 million.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com Mike Pence on AP's Clinton Foundation Report: More Evidence of 'Pay-to-Play'
Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now!

Mike Pence on AP's Clinton Foundation Report: More Evidence of 'Pay-to-Play'

You are repeating the lie and expecting me to think better of you. The fact is....she met with thousands of people. And...the AP didn't say that her emails were the source of their information. You made that part up.

You have no evidence of any pay for play. You are making assumptions not in evidence. There has been no wrongdoing and no ethical violations uncovered to date.

Stay away from Newsmax, by the way. They are really shitty.

She was instructed to put on a flak jacket and remain in the heavily protected cockpit area upon landing. Do you think that was to keep her safe from the flower girl?

She was instructed to put on a flak jacket and remain in the heavily protected cockpit area upon landing. Do you think that was to keep her safe from the flower girl?

So she claims. The reality is far different. Here is a personal account from a reporter who was actually ON THE plane with hilary. The war was over. To be sure there were out of work soldiers who could have caused problems, but it would have been no different to when one of our politicians flies into Afghanistan today. The risks would be the same. Below is a picture of hilary and the reporter talking on the plane.

"Later, Mrs. Clinton and her party ventured further into the country via military helicopter, landing at one of the former frontlines of the war, Camp Alicia. According to my notes of the event, the First Lady and Chelsea deboarded without incident and made their way down a line of American soldiers, thanking them for their service. They climbed a lookout tower, were shown a mine-sweeping machine, and talked to a number of soldiers. They shared jokes with the troops, ate a meal there and then moved onto another Camp: Camp Bedrock. Mrs. Clinton and Chelsea walk off the plane and were taken to visit M*A*S*H patients nearby.

To be sure, it was not the "safest" trip for a First Lady to take: there were serious risks in traveling to Bosnia, even for the President's wife under the vigilant protection of the U.S. military. It took some guts for her to go. But I don't recall, and did not note, any close calls on this trip with sniper fire or any other dangers."

image3962706x.jpg

Not The Safest Trip, But No Sniper Fire

So she claims. The reality is far different. Here is a personal account from a reporter who was actually ON THE plane with hilary. The war was over. To be sure there were out of work soldiers who could have caused problems, but it would have been no different to when one of our politicians flies into Afghanistan today. The risks would be the same. Below is a picture of hilary and the reporter talking on the plane.

"Later, Mrs. Clinton and her party ventured further into the country via military helicopter, landing at one of the former frontlines of the war, Camp Alicia. According to my notes of the event, the First Lady and Chelsea deboarded without incident and made their way down a line of American soldiers, thanking them for their service. They climbed a lookout tower, were shown a mine-sweeping machine, and talked to a number of soldiers. They shared jokes with the troops, ate a meal there and then moved onto another Camp: Camp Bedrock. Mrs. Clinton and Chelsea walk off the plane and were taken to visit M*A*S*H patients nearby.

To be sure, it was not the "safest" trip for a First Lady to take: there were serious risks in traveling to Bosnia, even for the President's wife under the vigilant protection of the U.S. military. It took some guts for her to go. But I don't recall, and did not note, any close calls on this trip with sniper fire or any other dangers."

image3962706x.jpg

You are free to believe your cherry picked example. How she recalled that experience while giving a speech at a university ten years later doesn't matter a tinker's damn. You people waste an incredible amount of time and energy over the most ridiculous things.

image3962706x.jpg

You are free to believe your cherry picked example. How she recalled that experience while giving a speech at a university ten years later doesn't matter a tinker's damn. You people waste an incredible amount of time and energy over the most ridiculous things.

It is a measure of this womans character, or more importantly, lack thereof, that she is incapable of telling the truth about the simplest of things., The fact that she lies about something like this should give you pause about how she will act when there is something truly serious.

image3962706x.jpg

It is a measure of this womans character, or more importantly, lack thereof, that she is incapable of telling the truth about the simplest of things., The fact that she lies about something like this should give you pause about how she will act when there is something truly serious.

You are trying very hard here. This episode does expose a character flaw. And it is possible that she's told other untruths of a similar nature.

However, her reputation among those she has worked for and those she has worked with is stellar. She isn't regarded as a dishonest person by those who have had a working relationship with her.

Does that matter to you?

image3962706x.jpg

A miss statement of the precise photographic nature of an event ten years after the fact is an example of bad character? The hyperbole is fascinating. Do you always get stuck on shiny objects?

I could see how a combat veteran that had been pinned down by snipers in some killing field would get his dander up about the mention of "snipers" in any conversation. Clinton's miss representation would obviously bring up deep personal anxiety and understandably so. She would have been smarter not to have brought up the Bosnia landing at all. She did. I have been shot at and somehow her silly story hasn't caused me any grief.

There are actual policy issues that Clinton has mentioned along the way that I find troubling. Her statements about guns have made me suspicious. More importantly larger global trade issues promoted by her husband have been a disadvantage to the US. The bill he signed that consolidated the media has done irreparable damage to regional and local broadcasting putting the freedom to HEAR a variety of opinion on the chopping block. These are REAL issues which separate my views from the Clinton's.

The manic obsessions of the insane Christian RWers with NOTHING issues draws attention away from REAL issues and does a HUGE disservice to the American public.

image3962706x.jpg

You are trying very hard here. This episode does expose a character flaw. And it is possible that she's told other untruths of a similar nature.

However, her reputation among those she has worked for and those she has worked with is stellar. She isn't regarded as a dishonest person by those who have had a working relationship with her.

Does that matter to you?

That's the problem. I don't even have to try. She lies at the drop of a hat. That's what she does. She's like Geico in that respect.

image3962706x.jpg

A miss statement of the precise photographic nature of an event ten years after the fact is an example of bad character? The hyperbole is fascinating. Do you always get stuck on shiny objects?

I could see how a combat veteran that had been pinned down by snipers in some killing field would get his dander up about the mention of "snipers" in any conversation. Clinton's miss representation would obviously bring up deep personal anxiety and understandably so. She would have been smarter not to have brought up the Bosnia landing at all. She did. I have been shot at and somehow her silly story hasn't caused me any grief.

There are actual policy issues that Clinton has mentioned along the way that I find troubling. Her statements about guns have made me suspicious. More importantly larger global trade issues promoted by her husband have been a disadvantage to the US. The bill he signed that consolidated the media has done irreparable damage to regional and local broadcasting putting the freedom to HEAR a variety of opinion on the chopping block. These are REAL issues which separate my views from the Clinton's.

The manic obsessions of the insane Christian RWers with NOTHING issues draws attention away from REAL issues and does a HUGE disservice to the American public.

Oh please. Even AFTER it was pointed out to her that she had not told the truth she continued to make the claim. The first time I would be willing to give her a pass. But AFTER she has been told, now it is an absolute lie. You know it and I know so don't even try to rationalize this crap. She's a pathological liar and the whole world knows it.

Forum List

Back