Hillary Clinton (D-NY) goes 'full Monty' on Immigration Reform

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
...and in a big way, too:

RTX1BQ0H.jpg

Hillary Clinton at Rancho High School in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Clinton Pledges to Take Immigration Actions Even Further - NBC News

Clinton calls for path to full and equal citizenship - CNNPolitics.com

Go read the links.

Hillary is going all the way on Immigration Reform:

-obviously, for the DREAMers.
-a pathway for their parents.
-a pathway for illegal immigrants who have served.

From the CNN link:

Issuing her strongest call yet for "a path to full and equal citizenship," Clinton hit her GOP opponents, House and Senate leaders and every other target she could find for stymying previous pushes for a comprehensive overhaul of the nation's immigration laws.

"This is where I differ with everybody on the Republican side," she said. "Make no mistake, not a single Republican candidate, announced or potential, is clearly and consistently supporting a path to citizenship. When they talk about legal status, that is code for second class status."

The signal Clinton's Las Vegas event sent was direct and simple: She's willing to go all-in on pushing immigration reform, banking on it being a huge winner for Democrats in 2016.

And she's fine with moving as far to the left as she needs in order to lure Republicans into attacking her for it.

Pretty bold move. Sure to cause a firestorm.

And once again, Hillary acts, forcing the GOP to react.

Discuss. What do you think of her stance?

"When they talk about legal status, that is code for second class status."

Right because following the law is so yesterday.

Well, if they are going to be left here in the Nation through this "legal status" republicans may be talking about, then they should have a path to citizenship and not be left in this limbo....but this can not and should not be done without full and comprehensive immigration reform to stop this Ground Hog Day situation from happening over and over and over again imo.

I don't think she's really running against the gop field right now. She seems to be selecting talking points to appeal to wings of the party. She did wealth distribution awhile back. She is going full monty, but in reality I think the people who view immigration as really important would be OK with something short of citizenship, so long as in provided for some legal status that would allow people who'd been here for a long time to stay peaceably here, and pay in and collect social security.

that slut will say anything for a vote.

It doesn't matter she will not make it through the primary....Only a few nuts think our borders should be wide open. Even the black community is fed up with losing jobs and housing to illegals. Go ahead Hillary as usual you are way off base.

I don't think she's really running against the gop field right now. She seems to be selecting talking points to appeal to wings of the party. She did wealth distribution awhile back. She is going full monty, but in reality I think the people who view immigration as really important would be OK with something short of citizenship, so long as in provided for some legal status that would allow people who'd been here for a long time to stay peaceably here, and pay in and collect social security.
Why would you do that to people you are going to let live here the rest of their lives? Why let them live here and develop family roots, yet keep them without citizenship to the Nation they live in, and will live in with ''your permission'' for the rest of their lives?

That's inhumane.

AND Un-American

Last edited:
Well, if they are going to be left here in the Nation through this "legal status" republicans may be talking about, then they should have a path to citizenship and not be left in this limbo....but this can not and should not be done without full and comprehensive immigration reform to stop this Ground Hog Day situation from happening over and over and over again imo.
The "path" to citizenship is through the US Embassy in their home country. I think all people who want to immigrate here should have that same path. If they've cut the line and gotten ahead of someone going about it the right way, they should be sent to the back of the line.

Our society is fucked when we start to reward the lawless among us.

The Republicans should openly embrace immigration reform with a platform of deporting 1 progressive for every hardworking Mexican Immigrant

It doesn't matter she will not make it through the primary....Only a few nuts think our borders should be wide open. Even the black community is fed up with losing jobs and housing to illegals. Go ahead Hillary as usual you are way off base.
Why do you say even Blacks?

RTX1BQ0H.jpg

Go read the links.

From the CNN link:

Issuing her strongest call yet for "a path to full and equal citizenship," Clinton hit her GOP opponents, House and Senate leaders and every other target she could find for stymying previous pushes for a comprehensive overhaul of the nation's immigration laws.

"This is where I differ with everybody on the Republican side," she said. "Make no mistake, not a single Republican candidate, announced or potential, is clearly and consistently supporting a path to citizenship. When they talk about legal status, that is code for second class status."

The signal Clinton's Las Vegas event sent was direct and simple: She's willing to go all-in on pushing immigration reform, banking on it being a huge winner for Democrats in 2016.

And she's fine with moving as far to the left as she needs in order to lure Republicans into attacking her for it.

If the mid terms are any indication hillary just fucked up.

Why do you say even Blacks?
Because Blacks typically vote Democrat and they in large numbers love the Clintons.

RTX1BQ0H.jpg

Go read the links.

From the CNN link:

It is called pandering for the Hispanic vote.

Why would you do that to people you are going to let live here the rest of their lives? Why let them live here and develop family roots, yet keep them without citizenship to the Nation they live in, and will live in with ''your permission'' for the rest of their lives?

That's inhumane.

AND Un-American
Why would it be inhumane or un-American to tell people who broke the law in getting here, that they may stay and if they do so, we will grant them legal status to stay, work and retire here, so long as they pay taxes, and while their children who are born here are citizens, they can't be?

If that's the compromise we end up with, I think the pro immigration folks will decide they can live with it. It's not telling people to get out and then get in line for a visa or work permit.

Hillary Clinton (D-NY) goes 'full Monty' on Immigration Reform

She hasn't been (D-NY) since January 2009. Her correct title is to call her by the last or highest office she has held, so that's "Secretary Clinton".

Nevertheless, this proposal is exactly the sort of thing I have been warning about. While the Faux Right is busy manufacturing bullshit and shitting their pants in public, Clinton will be putting proposed solutions to our nation's issues on the table.

As usual, the GOP now has to follow a Democrat's lead. But instead of putting a counter-proposal on the table, I predict they will revert to type and spend all their time attacking her plan instead.

Forum List

Back