Hey righties -where does the Constitution say anything about the olympics?

of course you would... because renewable energy is baaaaah'd....oil, coal and other fossil fuels is gooooood.
I'm sorry your right so how is Solyndra doing these day's are they on the fast track to giving us renewable energy?

yeah...I'm sure that no other businesses ever...in the History of the United States....have failed. Even ones that have gotten government grants.....just Solyndra.

You are correct. There have been a lot of other government backed businesses that have failed.

Here's a starter list of recent or pending "green energy" business failures, all of which feature companies that have received substantial backing from the U.S. Department of Energy or other government entities, which have strongly favored such companies in recent years:
• Abound Solar Manufacturing
• General Motors
• First Solar
• Bright Automotive
• Energy Conversion Devices
• Evergreen Solar
• Ener1
• Fisker Automotive
• AES Eastern Energy
• Beacon Power
• Stirling Energy Systems
• Evergreen Solar
• Spectrawatt
• Solyndra
P.S. Note that many of the links above are from February or March 2012. This listing will only get longer....

Why So Many "Green Energy" Companies Fail - Political Calculations - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary

Hey, idiot, what makes you think righties, whatever they are, support federal funding for the Olympics?

He assumes...he's been trained wrong.

Sorry, I thought you guys would be voting for someone that reflects your values.

Nope. That doesn't matter this election. They don't care that they will be voting for a man with no core convictions who is a lying hypocrite. The only thing that matters to them is getting "that one" out of office.

Nope. That doesn't matter this election. They don't care that they will be voting for a man with no core convictions who is a lying hypocrite. The only thing that matters to them is getting "that one" out of office.

There are only two choices.

Simple matter of cost / benefit and harm reduction.

I'm sorry your right so how is Solyndra doing these day's are they on the fast track to giving us renewable energy?

yeah...I'm sure that no other businesses ever...in the History of the United States....have failed. Even ones that have gotten government grants.....just Solyndra.

You are correct. There have been a lot of other government backed businesses that have failed.

Here's a starter list of recent or pending "green energy" business failures, all of which feature companies that have received substantial backing from the U.S. Department of Energy or other government entities, which have strongly favored such companies in recent years:
• Abound Solar Manufacturing
• General Motors
• First Solar
• Bright Automotive
• Energy Conversion Devices
• Evergreen Solar
• Ener1
• Fisker Automotive
• AES Eastern Energy
• Beacon Power
• Stirling Energy Systems
• Evergreen Solar
• Spectrawatt
• Solyndra
P.S. Note that many of the links above are from February or March 2012. This listing will only get longer....

Why So Many "Green Energy" Companies Fail - Political Calculations - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary

You forgot to list the ones that Romney invested in as governor that failed. Just an oversight I'm sure.

He assumes...he's been trained wrong.

Sorry, I thought you guys would be voting for someone that reflects your values.

sounds good to me because we the people can't AFFORD "that one" in the office

vote people

There are only two choices.

Simple matter of cost / benefit and harm reduction.

So returning to Bush's failed policies of tax breaks for the wealthy, fewer regulations on banks
(which created "too big to fail") and Superhawks in foreign policy is a benefit? Y'all have gone completely nuts.

So returning to Bush's failed policies of tax breaks for the wealthy, fewer regulations on banks (which created "too big to fail") and Superhawks in foreign policy is a benefit? Y'all have gone completely nuts.

Sad that Obama got the chance and these are the choices.

Hey righties -where does the Constitution say anything about the olympics?

www.washingtonexaminer.com/romney-olympic-success-required-federal-payout/article/2503281

Well?

Hey, idiot, what makes you think righties, whatever they are, support federal funding for the Olympics?

Because they're voting for the guy that took hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars for the Olympics?

Rehabilitation projects, temporary jobs, shovel ready jobs, tourism, sound familiar? The very reason countries lobby and spend millions in attempting to securing the Olympics. But then again when you have no substance behind your rant it makes sense that the whole picture would escape you.

Nope. That doesn't matter this election. They don't care that they will be voting for a man with no core convictions who is a lying hypocrite.

That's why we aren't voting for Obama.

And instead voting for reversible Mittens? :lol: thanks for the laugh!

When I am presented with a better choice, I will vote for that choice.

You seem to be saying I should vote for the greater of two evils because the lessor of two evils isn't perfect.

I fail to understand the logic of that sylogism.

Because they're voting for the guy that took hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars for the Olympics?

Rehabilitation projects, temporary jobs, shovel ready jobs, tourism, sound familiar? The very reason countries lobby and spend millions in attempting to securing the Olympics. But then again when you have no substance behind your rant it makes sense that the whole picture would escape you.

Temporary government funded jobs? You mean the kind of jobs conservatives have said don't really count? You mean the kind of jobs created by all sorts of initiatives by the Democrats that the right has consistently rejected as government waste?

Last edited:
It says in the Constitution that we have the right to free speech. Which means YOU can say the stupidest things you can think of, and I can't stop you.

Thanks for answering a question I didn't ask.

Now please tell me by what Constitutional authority Romney was able to spend my money on the Olympics?

Thanks!

You write your own hilarious comedy, and you don't even know it!

Priceless.

Why are you comparing the Constitution and the Olympics?

I'm not comparing them you illiterate. I'm asking where does the Constitution authorize Mitt Romney to spend hundreds of millions of the taxpayer's money on the Olympics.

Don't recall exactly bit it's either right before or right after the section that authorizes our government to buy an automobile company.

Which of the 18 enumerated power grants Congress the authority to spend money on the Olympics?

Have you ever heard of the Taxing and Spending Clause?

Just curious.

In the future try reading the constitution yourself so you don't look so foolish.

here check out wiki Taxing and Spending Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DISCLAIMER: This is not me approving the govt's behavior under the Taxing and Spending clause it is just me answering your silly question.

Forum List

Back