Where in the Constitution does it say the House has to send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate...

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
.....for the Senate to start the trial?

It isn't in there. Since Nazi and the rest of the Jackboot Brown Shirts already voted to impeach, Mitch can call for a trial at any time.

Force Nazi to send her Stormtroopers to make a case on his terms, or he can throw the case out.

Ok Dimwingers, show me where it says the Senate has to wait on the House to formally send anything to them once it is voted on.

GO!

Constitutional provisions
According to the U.S. Senate: "if a federal official commits a crime or otherwise acts improperly, the House of Representatives may impeach—formally charge—that official. If the official subsequently is convicted in a Senate impeachment trial, he is removed from office."[2]

There are several provisions in the United States Constitution relating to impeachment:

Article I, Section 2, Clause 5 provides:

The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.
Article I, Section 3, Clauses 6 and 7 provide:

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present.
Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States; but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.
Article II, Section 2 provides:

[The President] ... shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.
Article II, Section 4 provides:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.[3]

Impeachment in the United States - Wikipedia

Can we please at this point just stop talking about impeachment and get back to business unsealing indictments and watching glorious perp walks? It would make this the merriest Christmas ever

• Banned
Bueller.......Bueller.....?

Anyone?

Is it really impeachment if the House doesn't hand the matter over to the Senate?

Is one actually prosecuted if the prosecutor never turns the case over to the jury?

You're expecting the House to "send" the articles by US Mail or something? ... the two chambers are in the same building for crying out loud ... the President has been impeached, get over it ...

AFAIK, the Senate can "try" the President however they like ... they write their own rules and those rules aren't subject to court review ... these articles are bird cage liner, we'll see if the bird shits on them or not ...

The only difference between Hillary and Donald is no one expects Donald to act like a lady ...

The Constitution does not give any details about exactly how an impeachment trial should proceed. Instead, the Senate itself has set rules that govern the process. The first of those rules says the Senate must receive members of the House of Representatives to present the articles of impeachment – which McConnell has said he will do, should they pass the House and appoint prosecutors to make their case in the Senate.

If the House Reps are not appointed and do not present the articles of impeachment in the Senate then there is no trial. My guess would be that it would be politically damaging for the Senate to take any action regarding the Impeachment, including giving the House a deadline. Neither chamber should be trying to control the other IMHO. But I'm not seeing the leverage against McConnell and the GOP Senators. Pelosi and the Dems can scream and holler about obstruction and injustice and the threat to our democracy all they want, but I suspect they themselves will be seen as more responsible for that than the Repubs are.

I'm sure the Dems will be doing surveys and focus groups to gauge the reaction of the voters as to how long they should sit on the Articles. I would imagine the longer they wait the more disgusted people are going to be, I think people want to move on cuz this shit is getting old.

Can we please at this point just stop talking about impeachment and get back to business unsealing indictments and watching glorious perp walks? It would make this the merriest Christmas ever

We can but we aren’t going to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

.....for the Senate to start the trial?

It isn't in there. Since Nazi and the rest of the Jackboot Brown Shirts already voted to impeach, Mitch can call for a trial at any time.

Force Nazi to send her Stormtroopers to make a case on his terms, or he can throw the case out.

Ok Dimwingers, show me where it says the Senate has to wait on the House to formally send anything to them once it is voted on.

GO!

Constitutional provisions
According to the U.S. Senate: "if a federal official commits a crime or otherwise acts improperly, the House of Representatives may impeach—formally charge—that official. If the official subsequently is convicted in a Senate impeachment trial, he is removed from office."[2]

There are several provisions in the United States Constitution relating to impeachment:

Article I, Section 2, Clause 5 provides:

The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.
Article I, Section 3, Clauses 6 and 7 provide:

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present.
Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States; but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.
Article II, Section 2 provides:

[The President] ... shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.
Article II, Section 4 provides:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.[3]

Impeachment in the United States - Wikipedia

Funny. Speaker Pelosi NEVER has to send them over. Not now, not next Congress, not EVER. Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe has confirmed this fact.

The Senate can dismiss for want of prosecution and refuse any future attempts to present.

No matter how you slice it or how Trump or his followers feel about it President Donald John Trump is impeached for all eternity of United States History. I think Speaker Pelosi will not send to Senate until January, but are quietly preparing, while keeping it in the public mind. It is in yours, isn't it?

The Senate can dismiss for want of prosecution and refuse any future attempts to present.

No matter how you slice it or how Trump or his followers feel about it President Donald John Trump is impeached for all eternity of United States History. I think Speaker Pelosi will not send to Senate until January, but are quietly preparing, while keeping it in the public mind. It is in yours, isn't it?
Impeached. Whoppitydoo!!!

:lol:

Forum List

Back