Hey righties -where does the Constitution say anything about the olympics?

In case anyone hasn't caught on? I don't CARE about the Olympics at ALL.

It's BULLSQUEEZE.

It's a Statist premise, and always will be.

I much prefer in outcompeting other countries in LIBERTY/Economic /Science matters...and getting the Untited States, The Freest Nation On Earth back on track to where it should be.

FUCK THE OLYMPICS.

Means as much to me as Obama's Peace Prize...

It's a JOKE.

Is it this one:

?

Legal experts would probably argue it falls both under General Welfare, and Regulating Commerce. It's a Grey area Because the above Quote as you see says nothing about how they can spend the money, it only says they can Lay and Collect the Taxes. We spend money on a lot of things, that you would be hard pressed to find a Direct quote in the Constitution specifically saying we can do that.

I am not sure what your point is here. Salt lake was a Successful Olympics that Brought in a Shit ton of Money to the Area, and country as a whole, The Federal Government helped Secure the Games because we wanted them in the US, and we got them. It Created a hell of a lot of Jobs related to it as well, all be it temporary.

Kinda silly to make a big deal out of 342 million dollars when were spending 4 Billion a day right now isn't it?
Too bad Obama FAILED at securing the 2016 Olympics for Chicago...:eusa_whistle:

"Too bad"? The America hating wingnuts cheered when we lost that bid. It would have created jobs, and right wingers would hate if that happened on Obama's watch.

Where did Ohh-Pah-DUPE go?

He's watching the Olympics...

The womens vollyball is on??

Womens beach volleyball. Bush was a big fan of that event.

beach_volleyball_george_bush.jpg

Is it this one:

?

Legal experts would probably argue it falls both under General Welfare, and Regulating Commerce. It's a Grey area Because the above Quote as you see says nothing about how they can spend the money, it only says they can Lay and Collect the Taxes. We spend money on a lot of things, that you would be hard pressed to find a Direct quote in the Constitution specifically saying we can do that.

I am not sure what your point is here. Salt lake was a Successful Olympics that Brought in a Shit ton of Money to the Area, and country as a whole, The Federal Government helped Secure the Games because we wanted them in the US, and we got them. It Created a hell of a lot of Jobs related to it as well, all be it temporary.

Kinda silly to make a big deal out of 342 million dollars when were spending 4 Billion a day right now isn't it?
Too bad Obama FAILED at securing the 2016 Olympics for Chicago...:eusa_whistle:

Yeah you missed an opportunity to hypocritically bitch about how much taxpayer money the chicago olypics would be getting.

Romney Olympic success required federal payout | WashingtonExaminer.com

Well?

The constitution says nothing about the olympics but I think its pretty neat that Romney is capable enough to raise almost $1.5 billion for the Olympics after they hired him to help them out.

Shows that he is good at this and makes me way more confident about possibly voting for him this year.

There is No doubt what so ever that Romney is an Exception Organizer, and Leader of Both the Olympics and in the Business world. He is called an poor Governor, but you have to remember he was the Republican Governor of a very Liberal, Very Democrat state, Anything he got done, was a Compromise.

in fact the more you think about it, the more at least to me it is clear he is exactly what we need.

A guy that knows how to make money, Organize, and Lead, and has a History of being able to work with the Other side.

After the last 4 Years of Hyper Partisan Leadership, and Opposition It might be nice to have a Moderate who is willing to Compromise in the WH for a change.

Yeah Romney's awesome. Only took him 400 million or so in taxpayer funds to put the Olympics in the black.

The Same Authority the Government uses for ever dollar it spends. It's Taxation Powers.

Can you tell me where it says the Federal Government can not spend money to host an Olympic Games in an American City?

lol

Is it this one:
To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
?

The point is that braindead conservatives claim spending money on things like education and food stamps isn't constitutional while maintaining it can be spent on the olympics - even though both are constitutional under above clause.

The point is Romney likes to mention putting the olympics in the black as an accomplishment, even though it took him hundreds of million in taxpayer money to do it.

The right wing has bitched about far less than that.

You're not a rightie, are you? I can't figure you out. If you are you don't seem as dumb as the rest.

Hey lefties? Tell me where in the Constitution of the United States does it say that my tax dollars can be spent to send President Obama to wherever so he can lobby for the Olympics to be held in Chicago?

I get a kick out of stupid people, I really do.

Where did Ohh-Pah go? Into hiding?

I have a newborn. So, yeah, pretty much.

wait....you didn't force your woman to have an abortion? Oh....wait....you must be trying for more GUBMINT money?....oh wait....you're employed? Well, then...
ummm.....well, you MUST be a fuckin' COMMIE!!!!!

(right wing logic....in case you didn't catch it)

Actually you started off correct, but employed and having the kid do not make one a commie.....so nice try....almost had, but your ending was worse than Appocalypse Now.

Sorry, I thought you guys would be voting for someone that reflects your values.

Neither candidate truly reflects my values one just does so a little more than the other. For the record if I have to see tax dollars spent on something I would just as well it be the Olympics than something like Solyndra.

Do you think Romney can win with "I'm not Obama!" ?

why not? Obama won with 'I'm not Bush'.

Dumb ass.

Why are you comparing the Constitution and the Olympics?

I'm not comparing them you illiterate. I'm asking where does the Constitution authorize Mitt Romney to spend hundreds of millions of the taxpayer's money on the Olympics.

Where does the Constitution require our Tax dollars be spent on Airport security? Hint... Like the Olympics, airplanes weren't around when the Constitution was written. Special needs indeed.

Romney, who is now visiting the opening of the London Olympics, subsequently registered as a lobbyist for the Salt Lake Organizing Committee and secured $342 million in direct funding from the federal government and another $1.1 billion in indirect financing from Washington.

Romney Olympic success required federal payout | WashingtonExaminer.com

Well?

It doesn't. I don't agree with the federal government spending a single dime on the Olympics.

Forum List

Back