Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll

I'll wait and see.

It was mostly because he's local, I do believe.

Bachmann and Perry didn't try to compete

Pardon? First, Cain isn't from Florida and secondly, Perry did compete. He met with a dozen legislators Friday and gave a speech to delegates at a breakfast this morning. True, he left for Michigan just before the polls opened but to say he didn't try to compete? I don't see that.

Yes he Cain!

Thought that was cute...
Honkies For Herman...another master stroke to slam the Statists...:lol:

Honkies.jpg

I heard Cain speak to a local news channel before he anounced he was running, he was asked several questions and answered each very intelligantly, very matter of factly and didn't hesitate to expand on his answers or give details. I thought then that he was a man to watch.

Would make a great Pres

I wish him the best of luck

Last edited:
Seriously, people,

who thinks this means something?

Anyone who understands that the three Florida straw polls held before this weekend's poll have all picked the eventual primary winner.

That's who.

Do you want to bet a thousand dollars on Cain being the GOP presidential nominee?

You're asking me to bet on someone that I'm not going to be voting for. Uh, I'll pass.

In any case, you asked a question in a snotty and arrogant manner and when you learned the truth, it made you look really stupid. Nice deflection but...fail.

I heard Cain speak to a local news channel before he anounced he was running, he was asked several questions and answered each very intelligantly, very matter of factly and didn't hesitate to expand on his answers or give details. I thought then that he was a man to watch.

Would make a great Pres

I wish him the best of luck
No non sense...matter of fact. The man has been there...done it...in the trenches with the rest of us...that's why he is more than qualified. Much more than the present occupant that sees what Herman has done as consorting with the enemy...buisiness in America.

Beats Perry, Bachmann etc.

In the words of Private Oppend from "Saving Private Ryan" "What is going on here?"
It's the CON$ervative "White Guilt" Vote! :lol:

So was Barack Obama the Liberal "White Guilt" vote?

That was really bad, Ed, even for you.

Even Huffpost didn't put their usual 'liberal' spin on the story, but their bias showed clearly in the rest of the story where they focused on Perry and Bachmann and offered NO analysis of why Cain was so strong:

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain came out on top in the Florida straw poll on Saturday.

The former CEO of Godfather's Pizza won the test of conservative strength with roughly 37 percent of the vote. Texas Governor Rick Perry came in second place, followed by former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, who did not actively compete in the event. Here's a full breakdown of the results:

Herman Cain: 37.11%

Rick Perry: 15.43%

Mitt Romney: 14.00%

Rick Santorum: 10.88%

Ron Paul: 10.39%

Newt Gingrich: 8.43%

Jon Huntsman: 2.26%

Michele Bachmann: 1.51%

Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll Ahead Of 2012

I don't think he has a chance to win the primary, but IMO it would be great if he did.

Herman Cain is a great man who loves this country, and as mentioned by another poster, he's not a politician, he really is trying to do what's right for the country.

In the words of Private Oppend from "Saving Private Ryan" "What is going on here?"
It's the CON$ervative "White Guilt" Vote! :lol:

So was Barack Obama the Liberal "White Guilt" vote?

That was really bad, Ed, even for you.

Even Huffpost didn't put their usual 'liberal' spin on the story, but their bias showed clearly in the rest of the story where they focused on Perry and Bachmann and offered NO analysis of why Cain was so strong:

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain came out on top in the Florida straw poll on Saturday.

The former CEO of Godfather's Pizza won the test of conservative strength with roughly 37 percent of the vote. Texas Governor Rick Perry came in second place, followed by former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, who did not actively compete in the event. Here's a full breakdown of the results:

Herman Cain: 37.11%

Rick Perry: 15.43%

Mitt Romney: 14.00%

Rick Santorum: 10.88%

Ron Paul: 10.39%

Newt Gingrich: 8.43%

Jon Huntsman: 2.26%

Michele Bachmann: 1.51%

Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll Ahead Of 2012

Rick Santorum did better than I would have expected, even better than Ron Paul. Surprising.

Bachmann... thats just a poor performance.

No he SMASHED Perry, Romney, Paul, Santorum, Huntsman and Bachmann! Unlike the rest, Cain didn't spend millions before the straw poll, he didn't bus in his supports and purchase votes. He is just resinating with people! Cain, Romney and Huntsman are the only ones I truly like. I think Perry is GWB redux! Go Cain Go!

Cain - 37
Perry - 15
Romney - 14
Santorum - 11
Paul - 10.5
Huntsman - 2
Bachmann - 1

Herman Cain Wins Florida GOP Straw Poll | Fox News

Forum List

Back