Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll

But with samplings that small, they are easy to maniplate.

So Ron Paul has won the last couple of CPAC straw polls, Bachmann won Ames and Hermanator won Florida... but seriously, none of these people are going to be the nominee.

Hell, I'll go one further, by the time Iowa and New Hampshire are over, this thing is going to be down to Romney and Perry, and people will be asking how we got stuck with these two idiots.

Not so easy. It takes dedication and the verve of the candidate and his or her team to get out, knock on doors, and go to local fund raisers to give stump speeches etc.. Cain won fair and square. It has already given his campaign a boost- THAT is why winning these straw polls are important to the candidates.

I think the vote for Cain was really a "none of the above" vote, on the hope they can get someone else in. Neither Perry nor Romney are really inspiring these people. Since they know Cain will never be the nominee, voting for him is really a vote for Chris Christie.

Interesting theory, but I think you're selling Cain short. Even some of my really elderly relatives, raised in old style southern culture in which you love everybody but black and white aren't supposed to 'mix' are getting interested in Cain. He is resonating with a lot of folks lately. He was just so unknown before it's taking longer for people to get to know him.

I still don't know that he will be my No. #1 choice, but he's ahead of a lot of them for me.

Not so easy. It takes dedication and the verve of the candidate and his or her team to get out, knock on doors, and go to local fund raisers to give stump speeches etc.. Cain won fair and square. It has already given his campaign a boost- THAT is why winning these straw polls are important to the candidates.

Agreed. Each win gives them more name recognition, make fund raising easier, etc. The most important thing they do for the candidates is reassure them that they are getting their message out and it is resonating.

Letterman makes Christie his top 10 target tonight about Christie as president...which of course are heavy on the fat jokes. Makes me think there is some political rumors about him jumping in?

There is a LOT of speculation/rumor that if a definite front runner doesn't emerge soon, that Christie will wade in. And Palin is not ruled out yet either. Either one could be a game changer because of the media frenzy they would generate. I have been watching Bobby Jindal too, but haven't picked up any clues that he is considering running. He might be pitching for a Veep slot though.

Agreed. Each win gives them more name recognition, make fund raising easier, etc. The most important thing they do for the candidates is reassure them that they are getting their message out and it is resonating.

Letterman makes Christie his top 10 target tonight about Christie as president...which of course are heavy on the fat jokes. Makes me think there is some political rumors about him jumping in?

There is a LOT of speculation/rumor that if a definite front runner doesn't emerge soon, that Christie will wade in. And Palin is not ruled out yet either. Either one could be a game changer because of the media frenzy they would generate. I have been watching Bobby Jindal too, but haven't picked up any clues that he is considering running. He might be pitching for a Veep slot though.

Christie running would allow Obama to gin up the union vote. I know there is a dedicated group of conservatives inside DC that want Christie to run... I like him well enough- but I really like Romney. Hell- I will vote against an Obama presidency no matter who ends up on the GOP ticket!

Have you seen the tour our resident leader has been on? Promising all the special interest he will work for them- pandering president Obama...meanwhile the economy is in the tank.

Anyone but Obama 2012

Jindal has already endorsed Rick Perry. Short of Perry having a grabber tomorrow, no way Jindal gets in.

Now, Christie, that might be another matter. I think the thing there is that Christie isn't a bad guy, but he's even further to the left on Social issues than Romney is... So if he got in, he'd probably make it easier for Perry to win.

Forum List

Back