Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll

Florida voted "none of the above". What other choice do they have? Voting for Caine 'proves' the Republican Party is the party of the big tent and that those who believe that most R's are bigots are wrong.

The last debate and its result is beyond funny, it's hysterical. There is no leader in the R party today, not one, not even on the horizon. Sen. Goldwater was considered too extreme in 1964; he would be considered a liberal and a RINO by the New Right who control the R. Party today.

2012 maybe the first time an incumbent president is elected with an economy in free fall, not because the plurality has confidence in his leadership, because the opposition is ridiculous.

Wrong. Goldwater was 'too conservative' for Republicans in 1964 and he did not get party support. He almost certainly would have lost anyway, but it would have been a closer election except for 11th hour Democratic ads portraying him as untrustworthy with nuclear weapons and leaving Goldwater with too little time to respond. The 'daisy ad' was particularly damaging:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63h_v6uf0Ao]Lyndon Johnson - Daisy - YouTube[/ame]

Goldwater then would be almost certainly be warmly embraced by the Tea Party now. From his 1964 campaign brochure that could have been written by the leader of the Tea Party Express:

Barry Goldwater for President 1964 Campaign Brochure

‘BARRY GOLDWATER SPEAKS OUT FOR A STRONGER AMERICA’
Barry Goldwater is troubled by attempts to change our form of government - and is resolved to maintain the historical balance of our Republic.

GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRACY

"Our tendency to concentrate power in the hands of a few men deeply concerns me. We can be conquered by bombs or by subversion; but we can also be conquered by neglect - by ignoring the Constitution and disregarding the principles of limited government.

"I am convinced that most Americans now want to reverse the trend.

I think that concern for our vanishing freedoms is genuine. I think that the people"s uneasiness in the stifling omnipresence of government has turned into something approaching alarm. But bemoaning the evil will not drive it back, and accusing fingers will not shrink government."

STATES RIGHTS
Barry Goldwater knows that government to be responsive must be close to the people.

"There is a reason for (the Constitution’s) reservation of "States" Rights.

Not only does it prevent the accumulation of power in a central government that is remote from the people and relatively immune from popular restraints; it also recognizes the principle that essentially local problems are best dealt with by the people most directly concerned. Who knows better than New Yorkers how much and what kind of publicly financed slum clearance in New York City is needed and can be afforded? Who knows better than Nebraskans whether that State has an adequate nursing program? Who knows better than Arizonans the kind of school program that is needed to educate their children?

"The people have long since seen through the spurious suggestion that federal aid comes free. They know that the money comes out of their own pockets, and that it is returned to them minus a broker’s fee taken by the federal bureaucracy. They know, too, that the power to decide how that money shall be spent is withdrawn from them and exercised by some planning board deep in the caverns of one of the federal agencies. They understand this represents a great and perhaps irreparable loss-not only in their wealth, but in their priceless liberty."
CIVIL RIGHTS

Barry Goldwater wants equal treatment for all Americans, but preferential treatment for none."The right to vote, to equal treatment before the law, to hold property, and to the protection of contracts are clearly guaranteed by the 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution. These rights should be rigorously enforced. Existing law demands it.

"In the schools, the Attorney General already has the authority through court decrees to effect integration. But if more authority must be granted, we should write a law that is tightly drawn, that can be used like a rifle, not a shotgun.

"As for the proposed public accommodations law, it is unconstitutional and a clear example of a new law which will only hinder, not help the cause of racial tolerance. Such a law could even open the door to a police-state system of enforcement that would eventually threaten the liberty of us all.

"No matter how we try, we cannot pass a law that will make you like me or me like you. The key to racial and religious tolerance lies not in laws alone but, ultimately, in the hearts of men."

He is a staunch defender of personal freedom and the rights of every individual.

"Unenforceable government edicts benefit no one. Continued public attention and moral persuasion, I believe, will do more, in the long run to create the good will necessary to the acceptance of decent racial relations in all segments of our society.

"Our people must not be herded into the streets for the redress of their grievances. We have better ways, more lasting and more honest ways."

LABOR

Barry Goldwater is not afraid to challenge vested interests, either in management or labor. He has challenged "bossism" everywhere.

"The labor movement was born out of the threat of the loss of freedom through excesses of overbearing business monopolies. It has served well to bring the pendulum back from the extreme. I believe that unionism, in its proper sphere, accomplishes a positive good for the country.

"But the pendulum has now swung too far in the opposite direction and we we faced, as a people, with the stern obligation to halt a menacing misappropriation of power before it completely engulfs the liberties of labor, management and the general public."

SOCIAL SECURITY

Barry Goldwater wants to safeguard the "security" in Social Security.

I favor a sound Social Security system and I want to see it strengthened. I want to see every participant receive all the benefits this system provides. And I want to see these benefits paid in dollars with real purchasing power.

"Social Security is a system of basic protection for the aged. In addition, most Americans now participate in private pension plans while many have their own savings and investments Social Security was never intended to replace these voluntary programs. Its prime purpose was and is to supplement them, to provide a basic floor. I am convinced it can do this job, the job for which it was created.

"Essentially, protection against need in America depends upon a free economy which produces an ever-growing abundance and an ever-greater opportunity for all. In this framework, I believe Social Security has a vital and legitimate supporting role."

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
Barry Goldwater believes that the first fiscal responsibility of the Federal Government is to preserve the value of the dollar.
"Government must do everything within its power to guarantee a sound dollar. It can do this by reasonable budgets, by living within the means of the people who pay the bills, and by encouraging the individual enterprise from which the real value of money is formed.

"We need clearly stated and clearly understood priorities for national programs. We cannot do everything at once and there are many things the Federal Government should not try to do. Local governments must take on more and not, less responsibility in meeting needs when those needs are fully established."He will trim unnecessary and unwarranted Federal spending.

"Let us, by all means, remember the nation's interest in reducing taxes and spending. The need for economic growth that we hear so much about these days will be achieved, not by the government harnessing the nation"s economic forces but by emancipating them. By reducing taxes and spending we will not only return to the individual the means with which he can assert his freedom and dignity, but also guarantee to the nation the economic strength that will always be its ultimate defense against foreign foes."

THE WELFARE STATE

Barry Goldwater has issued a clear call to halt the relentless drift toward the welfare state.

"We, the people, can change all of this. We can unite. We can reject appeasement. We can deny self-indulgence. We can restrain our pressure groups from seeking special privilege favors at the expense of the general public taxpayer.

"We can meet our obligations and not postpone the debt payment and place that burden on the next generation. We can do all of these things, for the people of America are strong, capable and courageous.

"To do these things, to restore the flaming beacon of freedom and opportunity which for so many generations enjoyed the admiration and affection of all the peoples of this earth, we must make our voices heard in the election of those who are to represent us in the governing bodies of this republic.

"We must elect uncommon men to do an uncommon job for an uncommon country."

When one of the candidates emerges with this kind of clarity of message, we'll have our nominee. Herman Cain is getting close.

Last edited:
Florida voted "none of the above". What other choice do they have? Voting for Caine 'proves' the Republican Party is the party of the big tent and that those who believe that most R's are bigots are wrong.

The last debate and its result is beyond funny, it's hysterical. There is no leader in the R party today, not one, not even on the horizon. Sen. Goldwater was considered too extreme in 1964; he would be considered a liberal and a RINO by the New Right who control the R. Party today.

2012 maybe the first time an incumbent president is elected with an economy in free fall, not because the plurality has confidence in his leadership, because the opposition is ridiculous.

Wrong. Goldwater was 'too conservative' for Republicans in 1964 and he did not get party support. He almost certainly would have lost anyway, but it would have been a closer election except for 11th hour Democratic ads portraying him as untrustworthy with nuclear weapons and leaving Goldwater with too little time to respond. The 'daisy ad' was particularly damaging:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63h_v6uf0Ao]Lyndon Johnson - Daisy - YouTube[/ame]

Goldwater then would be almost certainly be warmly embraced by the Tea Party now. From his 1964 campaign brochure that could have been written by the leader of the Tea Party Express:

Barry Goldwater for President 1964 Campaign Brochure

‘BARRY GOLDWATER SPEAKS OUT FOR A STRONGER AMERICA’
Barry Goldwater is troubled by attempts to change our form of government - and is resolved to maintain the historical balance of our Republic.

GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRACY

"Our tendency to concentrate power in the hands of a few men deeply concerns me. We can be conquered by bombs or by subversion; but we can also be conquered by neglect - by ignoring the Constitution and disregarding the principles of limited government.

"I am convinced that most Americans now want to reverse the trend.

I think that concern for our vanishing freedoms is genuine. I think that the people"s uneasiness in the stifling omnipresence of government has turned into something approaching alarm. But bemoaning the evil will not drive it back, and accusing fingers will not shrink government."

STATES RIGHTS
Barry Goldwater knows that government to be responsive must be close to the people.

"There is a reason for (the Constitution’s) reservation of "States" Rights.

Not only does it prevent the accumulation of power in a central government that is remote from the people and relatively immune from popular restraints; it also recognizes the principle that essentially local problems are best dealt with by the people most directly concerned. Who knows better than New Yorkers how much and what kind of publicly financed slum clearance in New York City is needed and can be afforded? Who knows better than Nebraskans whether that State has an adequate nursing program? Who knows better than Arizonans the kind of school program that is needed to educate their children?

"The people have long since seen through the spurious suggestion that federal aid comes free. They know that the money comes out of their own pockets, and that it is returned to them minus a broker’s fee taken by the federal bureaucracy. They know, too, that the power to decide how that money shall be spent is withdrawn from them and exercised by some planning board deep in the caverns of one of the federal agencies. They understand this represents a great and perhaps irreparable loss-not only in their wealth, but in their priceless liberty."
CIVIL RIGHTS

Barry Goldwater wants equal treatment for all Americans, but preferential treatment for none."The right to vote, to equal treatment before the law, to hold property, and to the protection of contracts are clearly guaranteed by the 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution. These rights should be rigorously enforced. Existing law demands it.

"In the schools, the Attorney General already has the authority through court decrees to effect integration. But if more authority must be granted, we should write a law that is tightly drawn, that can be used like a rifle, not a shotgun.

"As for the proposed public accommodations law, it is unconstitutional and a clear example of a new law which will only hinder, not help the cause of racial tolerance. Such a law could even open the door to a police-state system of enforcement that would eventually threaten the liberty of us all.

"No matter how we try, we cannot pass a law that will make you like me or me like you. The key to racial and religious tolerance lies not in laws alone but, ultimately, in the hearts of men."

He is a staunch defender of personal freedom and the rights of every individual.

"Unenforceable government edicts benefit no one. Continued public attention and moral persuasion, I believe, will do more, in the long run to create the good will necessary to the acceptance of decent racial relations in all segments of our society.

"Our people must not be herded into the streets for the redress of their grievances. We have better ways, more lasting and more honest ways."

LABOR

Barry Goldwater is not afraid to challenge vested interests, either in management or labor. He has challenged "bossism" everywhere.

"The labor movement was born out of the threat of the loss of freedom through excesses of overbearing business monopolies. It has served well to bring the pendulum back from the extreme. I believe that unionism, in its proper sphere, accomplishes a positive good for the country.

"But the pendulum has now swung too far in the opposite direction and we we faced, as a people, with the stern obligation to halt a menacing misappropriation of power before it completely engulfs the liberties of labor, management and the general public."

SOCIAL SECURITY

Barry Goldwater wants to safeguard the "security" in Social Security.

I favor a sound Social Security system and I want to see it strengthened. I want to see every participant receive all the benefits this system provides. And I want to see these benefits paid in dollars with real purchasing power.

"Social Security is a system of basic protection for the aged. In addition, most Americans now participate in private pension plans while many have their own savings and investments Social Security was never intended to replace these voluntary programs. Its prime purpose was and is to supplement them, to provide a basic floor. I am convinced it can do this job, the job for which it was created.

"Essentially, protection against need in America depends upon a free economy which produces an ever-growing abundance and an ever-greater opportunity for all. In this framework, I believe Social Security has a vital and legitimate supporting role."

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
Barry Goldwater believes that the first fiscal responsibility of the Federal Government is to preserve the value of the dollar.
"Government must do everything within its power to guarantee a sound dollar. It can do this by reasonable budgets, by living within the means of the people who pay the bills, and by encouraging the individual enterprise from which the real value of money is formed.

"We need clearly stated and clearly understood priorities for national programs. We cannot do everything at once and there are many things the Federal Government should not try to do. Local governments must take on more and not, less responsibility in meeting needs when those needs are fully established."He will trim unnecessary and unwarranted Federal spending.

"Let us, by all means, remember the nation's interest in reducing taxes and spending. The need for economic growth that we hear so much about these days will be achieved, not by the government harnessing the nation"s economic forces but by emancipating them. By reducing taxes and spending we will not only return to the individual the means with which he can assert his freedom and dignity, but also guarantee to the nation the economic strength that will always be its ultimate defense against foreign foes."

THE WELFARE STATE

Barry Goldwater has issued a clear call to halt the relentless drift toward the welfare state.

"We, the people, can change all of this. We can unite. We can reject appeasement. We can deny self-indulgence. We can restrain our pressure groups from seeking special privilege favors at the expense of the general public taxpayer.

"We can meet our obligations and not postpone the debt payment and place that burden on the next generation. We can do all of these things, for the people of America are strong, capable and courageous.

"To do these things, to restore the flaming beacon of freedom and opportunity which for so many generations enjoyed the admiration and affection of all the peoples of this earth, we must make our voices heard in the election of those who are to represent us in the governing bodies of this republic.

"We must elect uncommon men to do an uncommon job for an uncommon country."

When one of the candidates emerges with this kind of clarity of message, we'll have our nominee. Herman Cain is getting close.

So am I.

This just goes to show you how dumb republicans are in Florida. It really does.
Who was the person who said Florida Republicans were too racist to vote for a Black man?

Oh that's right. Herman Cain is an Uncle Tom so it doesn't matter. :rolleyes:
s4729931.jpg

did you happen to read the book?

did you happen to read the book?

I would bet a dollar against a donut that he didn't. It is a pretty good book. :)
If you like a book that condemns Liberals for trying to give blacks the opportunity to better themselves through access to an education and jobs. The author, like all Toms, longs for the days before affirmative action. Like a typical CON$ervative, Steele only blames Libs never offering any solutions.

I have a newsflash for racist CON$, Libs do not feel guilty for the behavior of racists towards blacks, but they are ashamed of the bad name racists give this great country.

The Tea Party would love Goldwater because he voted against the 1964 civil rights act.

He voted for the original version that failed; voted against the final version based on his commitment to States Rights. He got the vote of the Southern Democrats because of it; lost the vote of many Republicans and Northern Democrats because of it. But then Ron Paul says he also would have opposed it on the same grounds. Senator Robert Byrd led the Senate filibuster against it both times, but not for reasons of States Rights. :)

The Tea Party however does not get into any social issues and either way would not be a deal breaker for them.

Last edited:
Beats Perry, Bachmann etc.

In the words of Private Oppend from "Saving Private Ryan" "What is going on here?"

Herman Cain is a very exciting candidate--and he's got great ideas. The problem Cain has--is he has never worked in any type of government job--and as he's states--"and how's that been workin for ya"==

He's got a great sense of humor--I like his 9-9-9 plan--BUT--again I think the lack of government experience is what hurts him in this. If he was a former governor--hey he would be on top today in all polls.

The Tea Party would love Goldwater because he voted against the 1964 civil rights act.

He voted for the original version that failed; voted against the final version based on his commitment to States Rights. He got the vote of the Southern Democrats because of it; lost the vote of many Republicans and Northern Democrats because of it. But then Ron Paul says he also would have opposed it on the same grounds. Senator Robert Byrd led the Senate filibuster against it both times, but not for reasons of States Rights. :)

The Tea Party however does not get into any social issues and either way would not be a deal breaker for them.

Actually, Goldwater leaned liberal when it came to social issues.

Social Views

Social issues were low in priority for both Goldwater and the conservative movement in the 1960s, and no one supported him for (or even knew) his stance on social issues. After 1980, with his first wife waning in health and long after Goldwater was a conservative leader, he began to express liberal opinions on some social issues. Bill Buckley said of Goldwater:
Conspicuous here was his defense of Supreme Court decisions involving abortion, gay rights, and the separation of church and state. Most followers of the senator were surprised, and abashed, especially at his defense of abortion.from National Review, Dec. 10, 2004
After his wife of nearly 50 years died, and when Goldwater was nearly 80 years old, he became more vocal in his liberal social opinions. After his retirement in 1987, Goldwater described the conservative Arizona Governor Evan Mecham as "hardheaded" and called on him to resign, and two years later stated that the Republican party had been taken over by a "bunch of kooks". In a 1994 interview with the Washington Post the retired senator said,
When you say "radical right" today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye. ”
In response to Moral Majority founder Jerry Falwell's opposition to the nomination of Sandra Day O'Connor to the Supreme Court, of which Falwell had said, "Every good Christian should be concerned", Goldwater retorted: "Every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass."[4]
Goldwater was long an outspoken critic of presidents of both parties, harshly criticizing Richard Nixon at a pivotal time during Watergate. Goldwater criticized the arms to Iran that became public in 1986 as part of the Iran-Contra Affair as "the god-damned stupidest foreign policy blunder this country's ever made!'",[5]. Otherwise, Goldwater thought that Reagan was a good president.[6]
In 1992, Goldwater remarried a much younger divorcee. He then disagreed further with conservatives on social issues. He criticized the military's ban on homosexuals: "Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar."[7] He also said, "You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight." A few years before his death he went so far as to address the right wing, "Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have."[8]
In 1996, Goldwater told Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole, whose own positions lacked real support from conservatives: "We're the new liberals of the Republican party. Can you imagine that?" In that same year, with Senator Dennis DeConcini, Goldwater endorsed an Arizona initiative to legalize medical marijuana.[9
]
Barry Goldwater - Conservapedia

There is no way the Tea Party would accept Barry Goldwater and also, there is no way Goldwater would accept the Tea Party. He thought radicals had taken over the GOP back in 1994, now those "radical right" politicians are too liberal for the Tea Party!

Actually, Goldwater leaned liberal when it came to social issues.

Social Views

Social issues were low in priority for both Goldwater and the conservative movement in the 1960s, and no one supported him for (or even knew) his stance on social issues. After 1980, with his first wife waning in health and long after Goldwater was a conservative leader, he began to express liberal opinions on some social issues. Bill Buckley said of Goldwater:
Conspicuous here was his defense of Supreme Court decisions involving abortion, gay rights, and the separation of church and state. Most followers of the senator were surprised, and abashed, especially at his defense of abortion.from National Review, Dec. 10, 2004
After his wife of nearly 50 years died, and when Goldwater was nearly 80 years old, he became more vocal in his liberal social opinions. After his retirement in 1987, Goldwater described the conservative Arizona Governor Evan Mecham as "hardheaded" and called on him to resign, and two years later stated that the Republican party had been taken over by a "bunch of kooks". In a 1994 interview with the Washington Post the retired senator said,
When you say "radical right" today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye. ”
In response to Moral Majority founder Jerry Falwell's opposition to the nomination of Sandra Day O'Connor to the Supreme Court, of which Falwell had said, "Every good Christian should be concerned", Goldwater retorted: "Every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass."[4]
Goldwater was long an outspoken critic of presidents of both parties, harshly criticizing Richard Nixon at a pivotal time during Watergate. Goldwater criticized the arms to Iran that became public in 1986 as part of the Iran-Contra Affair as "the god-damned stupidest foreign policy blunder this country's ever made!'",[5]. Otherwise, Goldwater thought that Reagan was a good president.[6]
In 1992, Goldwater remarried a much younger divorcee. He then disagreed further with conservatives on social issues. He criticized the military's ban on homosexuals: "Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar."[7] He also said, "You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight." A few years before his death he went so far as to address the right wing, "Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have."[8]
In 1996, Goldwater told Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole, whose own positions lacked real support from conservatives: "We're the new liberals of the Republican party. Can you imagine that?" In that same year, with Senator Dennis DeConcini, Goldwater endorsed an Arizona initiative to legalize medical marijuana.[9
]
Barry Goldwater - Conservapedia

There is no way the Tea Party would accept Barry Goldwater and also, there is no way Goldwater would accept the Tea Party. He thought radicals had taken over the GOP back in 1994, now those "radical right" politicians are too liberal for the Tea Party!

Speaking as an active Tea Partier, you're wrong. The Tea Party does not get into social issues except as they affect taxes, economy, and government meddling and they do not evaluate candidates based on their stands on controversial social issues. Individuals within the Tea Party hold widely diverse opinions re abortion, death penalty, gay issues, etc. etc. etc. but do not judge the candidates on these issues.

Also speaking as one who was actively working in the media and closely following the 1964 campaign, I can assure you that Goldwater hadn't even given any thought at that time to most controversial social issues of today. That stuff didn't even come up then. But what he did talk about would have earned him A plusses with the Tea Party.

As for what change of heart he had in his later years, I can't say. I do know he was a very sick man when he spoke of most of it.

From a 1998 WAPO commentary at the time of Goldwater's death:

He suffered a stroke in 1996 that damaged the part of the brain that controls memory and personality. Last September, family members said he was in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease.

Mr. Goldwater, who retired from the Senate in 1986 as one of his party's most respected elder statesmen, suffered a resounding defeat when he ran for president. But his efforts helped prepare the way for the election of another conservative Republican, Ronald Reagan, as president in 1980.

Mr. Goldwater carried only six states and 36 percent of the popular vote in 1964. After the election, most analysts and commentators concluded that the Republican Party was hopelessly divided, and that Mr. Goldwater and his conservative philosophy were all but politically dead.

In fact, he had wrested control of the GOP from the Eastern liberal wing that had dominated it for years. By 1980, he was acknowledged as the founder of a conservative movement that had become a vital element in mainstream Republican thinking and a major ingredient in Reagan's political ascendancy. It was a 1964 speech delivered on behalf of Mr. Goldwater that brought Reagan to national prominence and helped launch his political career.

During his 1964 presidential campaign, Mr. Goldwater was attacked by Democrats and opponents within his own party as a demagogue and a leader of right-wing extremists and racists who was likely to lead the United States into nuclear war, eliminate civil rights progress and destroy such social welfare programs as Social Security.
Washingtonpost.com: Barry Goldwater Dead at 89

This election won't be on the controversial social issues. It will be focused on taxes, jobs, the overall economy, states rights, and individual liberties. I hope all who believe that should be the focus will help steer the discussion back on that track instead of letting the Left make it into something it is not.

While I don't for a minute think Goldwater was guilty of what the Democrats accused him, I do think he was about as Libertarian as Herman Cain without the more extreme factors that you see in Ron Paul and maybe Gary Johnson. Herman Cain may in fact be our new Barry Goldwater.

I still haven't picked my candidate, but Cain remains high on my list of probables.

What makes the Republican/Tea Party supporters believe that Cain or any other of their candidates will be any more successful than Obama.

After 3 years of opposing everything the president proposed, they really can't expect the Democrats to act any differently! In addition, Boehner's experience with the Tea Party in the debt ceiling/default debate has shown that the GOP can't always depend on them for support in Congress.

Last edited:

The Tea Party doesn't get into social issues??

lol, name the Tea Party candidates or elected officials that are pro-choice on abortion.

The Tea Party doesn't get into social issues??

lol, name the Tea Party candidates or elected officials that are pro-choice on abortion.

Abortion is not on their agenda. The agenda is:

Protect the Constitution
Reject Cap & Trade
Demand a balanced budget
Enact fundamental tax reform
Fiscal responsibility & Constitutionally limited government
End runaway government spending
Defund, repeal and replace ObamaCare
'All of the above' energy plan
Stop the pork
Stop the tax hikes

See abortion on that? No. Why? Because it's not on there.

idiot.

I'll wait and see.

It was mostly because he's local, I do believe.

Bachmann and Perry didn't try to compete

Perry didn't try to compete? Really? The WSJ says otherwise.

Herman Cain, a former corporate executive, bested other Republican presidential candidates in a straw poll of Florida Republican activists Saturday, a blow to the once-surging campaign of Texas Gov. Rick Perry, which had lobbied hard for victory.

Mr. Perry was the only top-tier candidate to declare himself all-in for the straw poll, organized by the Republican Party of Florida and held in Orlando. His supporters had targeted the 3,500 delegates, and Mr. Perry himself had poked some other candidates for side-stepping the event.

But Mr. Cain won the poll with 37% of the 2,657 votes cast. Mr. Perry finished a distant second, with just over 15%.

Herman Cain Wins Florida GOP Straw Poll - WSJ.com

Forum List

Back