Herman Cain our next president? Check out this new poll

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

I thought Perry was going to be a shoe in
I am going to vote for Cain. always was

Look out libs, this man is a true conservative

whats your thoughts?

Your naivete as it pertains to American politics is showing. Not only will Cain not win the Presidency, but he will nto even be on the GOP ticket.

And you claim that based on what? Your assumption that Republicans are racist?

There's no "assumption" to it. Ask Michael Steele how his big lead in the Maryland Senate race went. On election night that race was called for the democrat with 5% of the vote in. All the white conservatives who said they were going to vote for Steele, didn't vote for Steele. It seems his blackness was an issue. Also see Ken Blackwell of Ohio.

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

whats your thoughts?

Your naivete as it pertains to American politics is showing. Not only will Cain not win the Presidency, but he will nto even be on the GOP ticket.
Ohhhhhh yes he will even if he's the VP!!!:lol::lol::lol: we are going to siphon off 25% of the black vote with him !!

America will never elect an honest man to the office of President.
Period.
They will however...elect one outright liar after another if the lie falls into their perspective.
Saddest part is - we know we are doing it, but do it over and over again anyway.

That's simply not true, dude.

Proof is in our history. This is just a bump in the road from a big picture perspective.

Just one more reason to vote against an old white-haired fucker that's been creeping around DC since the 80's if you can.

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

whats your thoughts?

Didnt they actually think Trump would do well? This time last election, wasnt Giuliani winning? How did that turn out?

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

whats your thoughts?

Ohhhhhh yes he will even if he's the VP!!!:lol::lol::lol: we are going to siphon off 25% of the black vote with him !!

Proof? What black dem is going to change parties because Cain is running? No black person I know. Why do you guys think this guy will even be a player here. He wont win the republican nomination anyway. He is a joke. Just like Bachmann. Remember how up on her you guys were two weeks ago? Remember Perry being the one? Now what? Its a fickle thing, but Cain wont make it. Beck Christie all you want, he knows its a waste of time going against Obama in 2012.

Last edited:
I don't know where you get your information from, but it is dead wrong. Cain favors continuing the personal income tax and adding a national sales tax. The 9-9-9 plan.
CURL: Cain's '9-9-9' tax plan is fairer share - Washington Times
Not wrong. Cain favors the Fair Tax as the ultimate goal. He knows as well as all others that THAT would be next to impossible to accomplish...it would take control and profits from tax related lawyers, accountants and others that benefit from the thousands and thousands of pages of rules regarding income tax.

He is not running on the Fair Tax, that is for sure. He has more common sense than to try that. However, what I said is true. He favors the Fair Tax.

The man has more sense than most Americans.

I dont know that the fair tax is in such bad shape
I like it, but even the 9-9-9 would be allot better

I like the 9-9-9 better than The Fair. Ass-U-Me-ing it doesn't get watered down with deductions and favoritism.

The corruption woven in to our economy via the tax code is killing us.

If Cain wins the nomination, I don't think ANYONE would be more surprised than Cain since I don't believe that he declared his candidacy with any thought (or desire) to win the nomination. I believe he announced his candidacy as a way to raise his national profile and possibly translate that newfound fame into a nationally sindicated radio show as opposed to something on a smaller scale. If true, he would be a good businessman ala P. T. Barnum.

:clap2:

Yank Cain is for real
Every-one else has been a flash in the pan
Cain is the real deal. And as far as the GOP ticket goes I thought the same 2 weeks ago. No-one in the GOP really wants Romney except for the VP at most
this is why he can never take a commanding lead
These debates have set Cain away from the rest

Herman Cain is a great candidate. BUT--there are many that are leary of his lack of public--aka Government experience. While everyone FINALLY likes to see a successful person in the private sector with tons of business experience--they also want to see a balance of government and private sector experience.

What in the hell are you talking about.

First, Most Americans like the Idea of an Outsider right now.

Second, if a guy who had served short terms in a state and then Federal Congress, in which he didn't really do anything, and never held a public Sector Job in his life. Is good enough to be president, then Certainly Mr Cains Experience is more than enough.

I would be happy to Vote for him. He is rough around the edges, but he clearly knows how to be an executive and how to lead. Not my first choice, but clearly not a bad choice if he get's the Nod.

What will all the libs say, if the Tea Party supports a black man? Oh NM I know, they will say they are willing to vote for a black man, because they are racists and want to get the other black man out of the WH, or something like that. lol

Last edited:
I agree that Cain would not have been the successful CEO and/or manager he has been if he did not know how to evaluate people and put the right man or woman into the job. And since he isn't a total foreigner to the workings of government, I suspect he would know how to put the right people into cabinet positions, etc. I am pretty sure he would vett them much more carefully than Obama did with his appointees.

I still need to be sold on that 9% sales tax thing too. It generates a big red warnng flag in my head for now, but I could be persuaded if it is the right way to go. I will need more convincing.

Otherwise, I have few problems or questions re Cain's main points.

Consumption tax: Unfair to people who have to spend 90% of their income to survive.

Income tax: Unfair to people who have to spend 10% of their income to survive.
(That's why rich folks spent what they spent on lobbyists over the years to fuck with the current income tax code)​

The fairest tax is a blend just like Herman Cains proposal; Ass-U-Me-ing it remains simple, and future tax cuts or hikes affect all 3 rates without favoritism.

If Cain wins the nomination, I don't think ANYONE would be more surprised than Cain since I don't believe that he declared his candidacy with any thought (or desire) to win the nomination. I believe he announced his candidacy as a way to raise his national profile and possibly translate that newfound fame into a nationally sindicated radio show as opposed to something on a smaller scale. If true, he would be a good businessman ala P. T. Barnum.
Yer full of shit. He's MORE than a radio host and shows you haven't done a lick of research on the man.

I agree that Cain would not have been the successful CEO and/or manager he has been if he did not know how to evaluate people and put the right man or woman into the job. And since he isn't a total foreigner to the workings of government, I suspect he would know how to put the right people into cabinet positions, etc. I am pretty sure he would vett them much more carefully than Obama did with his appointees.

I still need to be sold on that 9% sales tax thing too. It generates a big red warnng flag in my head for now, but I could be persuaded if it is the right way to go. I will need more convincing.

Otherwise, I have few problems or questions re Cain's main points.

Have you ever lived in Florida or Texas?

Yep. Born and raised Texan--well some of it 'little Texas' right across the state line in the oil patch in New Mexico--and have lived in Texas for several years of my adult life. Some of that was during some of the more stupid of the 'blue laws' in which you couldn't sell some things on Sunday and then stores had to pick whether they would sell those things on Saturday or Sunday.

I kid you not. I think it was during Ann Richards' governorship we were visiting in the Dallas Ft Worth metro area and I needed pantyhose to go to church on Sunday. So Saturday we went to a nearby 7/11 to get a "Leggs egg" and were advised that they couldn't sell me panty hose on Saturday as Sunday was their day to sell panty hose. Had to go back early Sunday morning to get the hose. It was THAT stupid.

Or you could go to the grocery store and were charged sales tax on a package of cookies, but if you bought all the ingredients to make your own cookies (including food coloring, sprinkles, chocolate chips etc.), that was tax free.

My problem with a federal sales tax is that Mr. Foxfyre and I are now living mostly on retirement income that we have already paid the taxes on. It will be tough to pay a high federal sales tax that will in effect be double taxation on that money since we've already been taxed on it. If somebody can give me a rationale for how that would be okay, I'm willing to listen.

Fair and simple taxes = economic recovery

Economic recovery = potential raises in Social Security.

All the rest of us, who're currently working, can do is ask that folks on a fixed income trust in a fair marketplace and your fellow Americans. What we have now sure ain't working out for the kids. The corruption in the current tax code is killing our future.

Yank Cain is for real
Cain is the real deal. And as far as the GOP ticket goes I thought the same 2 weeks ago. No-one in the GOP really wants Romney except for the VP at most

Herman Cain is a great candidate. BUT--there are many that are leary of his lack of public--aka Government experience. While everyone FINALLY likes to see a successful person in the private sector with tons of business experience--they also want to see a balance of government and private sector experience.

Second, if a guy who had served short terms in a state and then Federal Congress, in which he didn't really do anything, and never held a public Sector Job in his life. Is good enough to be president, then Certainly Mr Cains Experience is more than enough.

I would be happy to Vote for him. He is rough around the edges, but he clearly knows how to be an executive and how to lead. Not my first choice, but clearly not a bad choice if he get's the Nod.

What will all the libs say, if the Tea Party supports a black man? Oh NM I know, they will say they are willing to vote for a black man, because they are racists and want to get the other black man out of the WH, or something like that. lol

If Cain has the right positions, even CLOSE, I'd vote for him, and part of the reason on the sentimental side is no minority deserves to be represented by President Obama, especially their first representative as President. That's just not right. If Herman Cain is a good candidate (and I have some issues that are non-negotiable) I hope he wins if only to right that wrong.

Perry is the only one making sense on illegal immigration. Sad that the rightwing in the GOP is stuck on this.
The president is not a CEO. He is the foreman with a bunch of disgruntled sub-contractors. LBJ was effective as president because he knew who's ass to kiss and who's balls to kick to get what he wanted. Cain will come in with no such experience. As such he will be less effective than Obama.

As to Cain's tax reform, I am utterly against a national sales tax. First, every such VAT scheme has resulted in higher rates over time. Second, because there are exemptions businesses spend time and resources figuring out ways around the rules instead of focusing on making and selling product.
Here's one article about it:
Europe's VAT Lessons - WSJ.com
Here's another that discusses the arbitrary and capricious nature of VAT in Britain.
TaxProf Blog: WSJ: Small Bras and the VAT

Of course I would pick him over Obama. I'd pick Jesse Jackson over Obama.

Not Sure a VAt tax and 9-9-9 is the same no is it the same as a fair tax

The national sales tax is a VAT and shares that element with Fair Tax. In practice it will be no different, since the mechanism is no different.
And it won't remain 9-9-9 for long either. Think 20-20-20.

If it has to go to 20-20-20 to give our kids the tools they need to seek their destiny among the stars, I'll gladly pay it.

Ass-U-Me-ing it remains fair, free of deductions and favoritism, and above all else the product of an elected congress.

Not Sure a VAt tax and 9-9-9 is the same no is it the same as a fair tax

The national sales tax is a VAT and shares that element with Fair Tax. In practice it will be no different, since the mechanism is no different.
And it won't remain 9-9-9 for long either. Think 20-20-20.

If it has to go to 20-20-20 to give our kids the tools they need to seek their destiny among the stars, I'll gladly pay it.

Ass-U-Me-ing it remains fair, free of deductions and favoritism, and above all else the product of an elected congress.

And we have a budget that is balanced by law.

It seems as if Cain has seriously exaggerated his business acumen. To be considered a business wiz, a CEO needs to increase the company's profits and expand its market share versus the competition while also creating a favorable impression in the minds of the general public by making their brand the gold standard in their field.

What did Cain do? The opposite!

All Herman did was stop the bleeding and returned them to profitability.

Precisely what our government needs.

I dont want our gov't to be profitable.

Seriously! Profits are for big corporations and China! Did we learn NOTHING from "Greed"?

Yank Cain is for real

When Obama was running for president, here were his credentials...

Graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School where he was the President of the Harvard Law Review
-Community organizer and civil rights attorney
-Served in the Illinois Legislature from 1997-2004
-Taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago Law School
from ’92-‘04
-Elected to the US Senate with 70% of the vote in ‘04
-While in the Senate he has served on the following committees:
Foreign Relations, Environment and Public Works, Veterans’ Affairs,
Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, and Homeland Security and
Governmental Affairs
-Through his committee work he has traveled to Eastern Europe, Middle East, Central Asia, and Africa

Even with all this, the republicans kept screaming how inexperienced he was. This Pizza ceo is "refreshing" BECAUSE he has no political experience? How in the hell does this work?

My god, the right screamed about him being inexperienced and now this "outsider" is what you are offering.

Look, a real student of politics knows this man wont be the republican nominee. You know it. Just like last election cycle this time, when Giuliani was leading the right's polls. He was a joke as well. Whats next, bring back the fossil Trump?

This is what you guys are down to? So sad. I guarantee you Obama will win. Wanna bet? (See my sig.)

Forum List

Back