Herman Cain our next president? Check out this new poll

It seems as if Cain has seriously exaggerated his business acumen. To be considered a business wiz, a CEO needs to increase the company's profits and expand its market share versus the competition while also creating a favorable impression in the minds of the general public by making their brand the gold standard in their field.

What did Cain do? The opposite!

It seems as if Cain has seriously exaggerated his business acumen. To be considered a business wiz, a CEO needs to increase the company's profits and expand its market share versus the competition while also creating a favorable impression in the minds of the general public by making their brand the gold standard in their field.

All Herman did was stop the bleeding and returned them to profitability.

Precisely what our government needs.

Oh baloney. What leftwing site did you take that spin off of? He certainly did not do the opposite since he took over Godfathers when it was teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and put it on solid financial footing again. Pillsbury put him in charge of Godfathers on the strength of his experience of rescuing several Burger King chains that were in serious financial trouble.

At Godfathers he managed to satisfactorily settle some outstanding lawsuits he had inherited, he closed down unprofitable locations that were beyond redemption, and focused on improving the quality and image of the rest. He initated a successful delivery service program and put together one of the most successful and memorable ad campaigns ever.

When he left Godfathers it was a healthy, prosperous company.

I would hope that if he was President, one thing he would do and would know how to do is shut down government agencies that aren't using the people's money for the people's benefit and would focus on the rest to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and usefulness for the people.

I really like Cain...the only reservation I have with him is his lack of political experience.

Some see that as a good quality...but it could just as easily blow up in our faces in exactly the same way Obama's lack of experience blew up in the Democrats.

Oh baloney. What leftwing site did you take that spin off of? He certainly did not do the opposite since he took over Godfathers when it was teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and put it on solid financial footing again. Pillsbury put him in charge of Godfathers on the strength of his experience of rescuing several Burger King chains that were in serious financial trouble.

At Godfathers he managed to satisfactorily settle some outstanding lawsuits he had inherited, he closed down unprofitable locations that were beyond redemption, and focused on improving the quality and image of the rest. He initated a successful delivery service program and put together one of the most successful and memorable ad campaigns ever.

When he left Godfathers it was a healthy, prosperous company.

I would hope that if he was President, one thing he would do and would know how to do is shut down government agencies that aren't using the people's money for the people's benefit and would focus on the rest to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and usefulness for the people.

I guess if they lie about it we can call them a racist?
the 9-9-9 tax proposal shows how much more of a good leader he is than Obama

Your naivete as it pertains to American politics is showing. Not only will Cain not win the Presidency, but he will nto even be on the GOP ticket.

IF Cain is on the GOP ticket, he will easily beat Dear Leader.

Cain has the most narrow gap to Obama of any Republican AND the highest draw of independents.

If the GOP is smart, they will nominate Cain.

The GOP is rarely smart.

Your naivete as it pertains to American politics is showing. Not only will Cain not win the Presidency, but he will nto even be on the GOP ticket.

Cain has the most narrow gap to Obama of any Republican AND the highest draw of independents.

The GOP is rarely smart.

My friend my left boot would give Obama a run for his money
The focus with the people I know is not if, its who
We thought Perry, some of us are going Cain

You really think people want 4 more years of this?

I really like Cain...the only reservation I have with him is his lack of political experience.

Some see that as a good quality...but it could just as easily blow up in our faces in exactly the same way Obama's lack of experience blew up in the Democrats.

Obama's lack of experience is not the problem, it's his agenda. Lincoln also had no experience and look how effective he was (not that he was good).

To be President you need to know how to make decisions, anyone can do that, and be knowledgeable of political theory and geopolitics.

Obama's lack of experience is not the problem, it's his agenda. Lincoln also had no experience and look how effective he was (not that he was good).

To be President you need to know how to make decisions, anyone can do that, and be knowledgeable of political theory and geopolitics.

Could not agree more
the 999 idea is genius
agenda is the problem, not experince

Look I thought the same thing 2 weeks ago and was a big supporter of Perry. This mess with the collage and illegal aliens is killing Perry, as it should
Cain has experience as a CEO, this is all the president is
Look, before you and I go any further, i am fine with Perry winning. My biggest deal with Cain is his tax reform

Good luck

Perry is the only one making sense on illegal immigration. Sad that the rightwing in the GOP is stuck on this.
The president is not a CEO. He is the foreman with a bunch of disgruntled sub-contractors. LBJ was effective as president because he knew who's ass to kiss and who's balls to kick to get what he wanted. Cain will come in with no such experience. As such he will be less effective than Obama.

As to Cain's tax reform, I am utterly against a national sales tax. First, every such VAT scheme has resulted in higher rates over time. Second, because there are exemptions businesses spend time and resources figuring out ways around the rules instead of focusing on making and selling product.
Here's one article about it:
Europe's VAT Lessons - WSJ.com
Here's another that discusses the arbitrary and capricious nature of VAT in Britain.
TaxProf Blog: WSJ: Small Bras and the VAT

Of course I would pick him over Obama. I'd pick Jesse Jackson over Obama.

Not Sure a VAt tax and 9-9-9 is the same no is it the same as a fair tax

The national sales tax is a VAT and shares that element with Fair Tax. In practice it will be no different, since the mechanism is no different.
And it won't remain 9-9-9 for long either. Think 20-20-20.

The GOP is rarely smart.

If my grandmother were on the GOP ticket she would beat Obama.
But Cain will not be the nominee. I will bet money on it. I think the press is pumping this to throw some excitement into the race. Just reporting that Perry is doing fine and raising more and more money doesn't sell newspapers.

I dont want our gov't to be profitable.

Obama's lack of experience killed him.

Cain will need to demonstrate his knowledge of political theory and geopolitics before I feel 100% comfortable pulling the lever for him.

Perry too, for that matter.

Only Gingrich and Huntsman have really proven that they have that global political understanding that a president needs...and I won't vote for Huntsman.

Last edited:
DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

I thought Perry was going to be a shoe in
I am going to vote for Cain. always was

Look out libs, this man is a true conservative

whats your thoughts?

Yank Cain is for real
Every-one else has been a flash in the pan
Cain is the real deal. And as far as the GOP ticket goes I thought the same 2 weeks ago. No-one in the GOP really wants Romney except for the VP at most
this is why he can never take a commanding lead
These debates have set Cain away from the rest

Herman Cain is a great candidate. BUT--there are many that are leary of his lack of public--aka Government experience. While everyone FINALLY likes to see a successful person in the private sector with tons of business experience--they also want to see a balance of government and private sector experience.

For Cain to move ahead he is going to have to offer more detail to his 9-9-9 plan--work out those krinks--make certain that this plan is viable--and offer up viable suggestions for social security/medicare also.

Yank Cain is for real
Cain is the real deal. And as far as the GOP ticket goes I thought the same 2 weeks ago. No-one in the GOP really wants Romney except for the VP at most

Herman Cain is a great candidate. BUT--there are many that are leary of his lack of public--aka Government experience. While everyone FINALLY likes to see a successful person in the private sector with tons of business experience--they also want to see a balance of government and private sector experience.

For Cain to move ahead he is going to have to offer more detail to his 9-9-9 plan--work out those krinks--make certain that this plan is viable--and offer up viable suggestions for social security/medicare also.
CAIN is the ideal candidate the Founders had in mind. A citizen not embroiled in government for several years and one that is not spoiled by knowing how to milk the system as those that have made government thier life's ambition/vocation.

The Founder's idea of self government he embues because he will do his service to God and country and then return to his private life.

Why is it in our mindset as normal to elect people that have been in government for a good chunk of thier lives and if they haven't been? THEY are unqualified? I think he brings a fresh look from the outside.

Time the crap of professional politicians stops...and the citizens take back over as the Founders had designed it from the start.

Yank Cain is for real

CAIN is the ideal candidate the Founders had in mind. A citizen not embroiled in government for several years and one that is not spoiled by knowing how to milk the system as those that have made government thier life's ambition/vocation.

The Founder's idea of self government he embues because he will do his service to God and country and then return to his private life.

Why is it in our mindset as normal to elect people that have been in government for a good chunk of thier lives and if they haven't been? THEY are unqualified? I think he brings a fresh look from the outside.

Time the crap of professional politicians stops...and the citizens take back over as the Founders had designed it from the start.

I really think we will look back on this in 14 months and realize this is when you and i realized he was going to be our next president

I really think we will look back on this in 14 months and realize this is when you and i realized he was going to be our next president

I think you're going to look back in 14 months and think "What were we thinking??"

Our gov't does not operate to make a profit off its citizens. If it did, you might see toll roads everywhere. Additionally, police and fire protection might very well be run as a fee for service proposition. Eventually, a great many services would only be available to those who could pay for them. Just as insurance companies don't (and many times won't) insure the sick or the elderly, the gov't might just decide that it's not profitable to provide services to those who are least able to pay for those services. So, for example, if and when power goes out in a certain area, people would be required to pay for its restoration.

Look out libs, this man is a true conservative

whats your thoughts?

Are you sure this is whom you want representing ‘true conservatives.’

However, his ignorance of the Constitution and contempt for the rule of law are consistent with conservative dogma.

Herman Cain is becoming more popular because he runs on issues…

No, he’s popular with the far right as they alone are paying attention. Come March 2012 he won’t even be a memory.
And you claim that based on what? Your assumption that Republicans are racist?

Actually that’s your incorrect inference as to race – Cain won’t be the nominee because he’s an anti-establishment outsider, the same reason why Paul won’t be the nominee; it has nothing to do with race.

Forum List

Back