Herman Cain our next president? Check out this new poll

Herman Cain is a great candidate. BUT--there are many that are leary of his lack of public--aka Government experience. While everyone FINALLY likes to see a successful person in the private sector with tons of business experience--they also want to see a balance of government and private sector experience.

For Cain to move ahead he is going to have to offer more detail to his 9-9-9 plan--work out those krinks--make certain that this plan is viable--and offer up viable suggestions for social security/medicare also.
CAIN is the ideal candidate the Founders had in mind. A citizen not embroiled in government for several years and one that is not spoiled by knowing how to milk the system as those that have made government thier life's ambition/vocation.

The Founder's idea of self government he embues because he will do his service to God and country and then return to his private life.

Why is it in our mindset as normal to elect people that have been in government for a good chunk of thier lives and if they haven't been? THEY are unqualified? I think he brings a fresh look from the outside.

Time the crap of professional politicians stops...and the citizens take back over as the Founders had designed it from the start.

I really think we will look back on this in 14 months and realize this is when you and i realized he was going to be our next president

After all the nonsense talk by conservatives that Obama is some kind of messiah, it seems as if conservatives are acting like a bunch of religious zealots in search of their own messiah. They get all excited about one candidate or another, and then they sour on him or her because of one issue or one statement. Then they go gaga about someone else.

They're like teenage girls at a Justin Beeber concert after they got tired of the Jonas Brothers.

It seems as if Cain has seriously exaggerated his business acumen. To be considered a business wiz, a CEO needs to increase the company's profits and expand its market share versus the competition while also creating a favorable impression in the minds of the general public by making their brand the gold standard in their field.

What did Cain do? The opposite!

All Herman did was stop the bleeding and returned them to profitability.

Precisely what our government needs.

Our gov't does not operate to make a profit off its citizens. If it did, you might see toll roads everywhere. Additionally, police and fire protection might very well be run as a fee for service proposition. Eventually, a great many services would only be available to those who could pay for them. Just as insurance companies don't (and many times won't) insure the sick or the elderly, the gov't might just decide that it's not profitable to provide services to those who are least able to pay for those services. So, for example, if and when power goes out in a certain area, people would be required to pay for its restoration.

Then why are there so many toll roads in New England?

Plus, many places fire protection IS fee based.

And all police and fire services are paid for via taxation...they aren't free.

Last edited:
DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

I thought Perry was going to be a shoe in
I am going to vote for Cain. always was

Look out libs, this man is a true conservative

whats your thoughts?
I think Cain is a good man.

I also think there's something rotten in Denmark about the straw poll conducted in Florida. It fits nothing professional pollsters learned from their methods of polling. That's a huge red flag to me.

Still and all, Mr. Cain is a worthy conservative, to be commended for his strength of character.

Perry is the only one making sense on illegal immigration. Sad that the rightwing in the GOP is stuck on this.
The president is not a CEO. He is the foreman with a bunch of disgruntled sub-contractors. LBJ was effective as president because he knew who's ass to kiss and who's balls to kick to get what he wanted. Cain will come in with no such experience. As such he will be less effective than Obama.

As to Cain's tax reform, I am utterly against a national sales tax. First, every such VAT scheme has resulted in higher rates over time. Second, because there are exemptions businesses spend time and resources figuring out ways around the rules instead of focusing on making and selling product.
Here's one article about it:
Europe's VAT Lessons - WSJ.com
Here's another that discusses the arbitrary and capricious nature of VAT in Britain.
TaxProf Blog: WSJ: Small Bras and the VAT

Of course I would pick him over Obama. I'd pick Jesse Jackson over Obama.

LBJ was effective as president?

In what universe was that?

CAIN is the ideal candidate the Founders had in mind. A citizen not embroiled in government for several years and one that is not spoiled by knowing how to milk the system as those that have made government thier life's ambition/vocation.

The Founder's idea of self government he embues because he will do his service to God and country and then return to his private life.

Why is it in our mindset as normal to elect people that have been in government for a good chunk of thier lives and if they haven't been? THEY are unqualified? I think he brings a fresh look from the outside.

Time the crap of professional politicians stops...and the citizens take back over as the Founders had designed it from the start.

I really think we will look back on this in 14 months and realize this is when you and i realized he was going to be our next president

After all the nonsense talk by conservatives that Obama is some kind of messiah, it seems as if conservatives are acting like a bunch of religious zealots in search of their own messiah. They get all excited about one candidate or another, and then they sour on him or her because of one issue or one statement. Then they go gaga about someone else.

They're like teenage girls at a Justin Beeber concert after they got tired of the Jonas Brothers.
It beats the garbage that comes out of smoke-filled rooms to be foisted on scorch-the-earth-or-no-soup-for-you apparatchiks talkin' the talk.

You guys should try it some time. Teenage girls know how to have fun. Having been one in the last century... :D

Our gov't does not operate to make a profit off its citizens. If it did, you might see toll roads everywhere. Additionally, police and fire protection might very well be run as a fee for service proposition. Eventually, a great many services would only be available to those who could pay for them. Just as insurance companies don't (and many times won't) insure the sick or the elderly, the gov't might just decide that it's not profitable to provide services to those who are least able to pay for those services. So, for example, if and when power goes out in a certain area, people would be required to pay for its restoration.

Then why are there so many toll roads in New England?

Plus, many places fire protection IS fee based.

And all police and fire services are paid for via taxation...they aren't free.

As a general rule, tax revenues go into the general fund, and services like police and fire protection are paid for out of that fund. It's not a fee for service. You and your neighbors don't have to scrape the money together to get your streets or your sewer lines repaired.

If you smell smoke in your neighborhood, the fire dept doesn't check to see if you and your neighbors are currently paid up on your fire protection policy. If you or a member of your family is a victim of a crime, you don't have to break out your debit card to start the investigation or make regular payments to keep the investigation open.

It seems as if Cain has seriously exaggerated his business acumen. To be considered a business wiz, a CEO needs to increase the company's profits and expand its market share versus the competition while also creating a favorable impression in the minds of the general public by making their brand the gold standard in their field.

What did Cain do? The opposite!

I dont want our gov't to be profitable.

paying down the debt would be the profit.

Herman Cain has zero chance of getting nominated. I appreciate many of his positions and what he has to say. But if Obama taught us anything, experience counts. And Cain has no experience.
At least his temporary success puts "PAID" to the Leftists' notion that the Tea Party is racist.

Look I thought the same thing 2 weeks ago and was a big supporter of Perry. This mess with the collage and illegal aliens is killing Perry, as it should
Cain has experience as a CEO, this is all the president is
Look, before you and I go any further, i am fine with Perry winning. My biggest deal with Cain is his tax reform

Good luck

Perry is the only one making sense on illegal immigration. Sad that the rightwing in the GOP is stuck on this.
The president is not a CEO. He is the foreman with a bunch of disgruntled sub-contractors. LBJ was effective as president because he knew who's ass to kiss and who's balls to kick to get what he wanted. Cain will come in with no such experience. As such he will be less effective than Obama.

As to Cain's tax reform, I am utterly against a national sales tax. First, every such VAT scheme has resulted in higher rates over time. Second, because there are exemptions businesses spend time and resources figuring out ways around the rules instead of focusing on making and selling product.
Here's another that discusses the arbitrary and capricious nature of VAT in Britain.

Well, while I think Mr. Cain's a nice man, Rick Perry is my pick of the litter because he is firmly an advocate of hiring men and women in America. His success in soliciting and getting jobs has no rival whatever. People need jobs to keep America on top of the pack.

We already got whacked on 9/11/01 by terrorists. Obama's bending over backward to racialize every issue for the bent purpose of removing the American dream and substituting it with everyone-gets-oatmeal-if-we-can-force-peons-to-grow-it communalism.

We read about the Russian people having to stand in long lines waiting to buy their fair share of oranges at the market every day in our grade school Weekly Readers back when. I wonder just how many people they were thinking would get scurvy and die before waiting for 4 hours for a commodity that might not be there when they get to market. Here, we take buying a bag of oranges for granted, and we may skip the oranges and go to the refrigerator aisle to pick up a gallon of Tropicana not from concentrate orange juice. I've never had to wait in line in front of a refrigerator glass door.

I can't imagine letting a POTUS get away with that kind of chitlins, and that's why I'm gonna be glad to see the last of him. Hope it's sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

He was so effective that he had to announce that if nominated he wouldn't run again...go figure:eusa_whistle:

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

whats your thoughts?

I also think there's something rotten in Denmark about the straw poll conducted in Florida. It fits nothing professional pollsters learned from their methods of polling. That's a huge red flag to me.

Still and all, Mr. Cain is a worthy conservative, to be commended for his strength of character.
Does it? ALL the delegates that voted in that poll paid thier own frieght to be there to vote.

The Congressional Record.

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

whats your thoughts?

Does it? ALL the delegates that voted in that poll paid thier own frieght to be there to vote.
Seriously? Is that code for "say what for Soros?" <<giggle>>

If Cain wins the nomination, I don't think ANYONE would be more surprised than Cain since I don't believe that he declared his candidacy with any thought (or desire) to win the nomination. I believe he announced his candidacy as a way to raise his national profile and possibly translate that newfound fame into a nationally sindicated radio show as opposed to something on a smaller scale. If true, he would be a good businessman ala P. T. Barnum.

Ah, the distinction between party apparatchiks and real people! This bodes well for Cain, and for America.

Last Republican I voted for was Ronald Reagan, but Cain has my vote!
Precisely. That's why Cain getting the nod from it is so upsetting to so many...and precisely the party elites.

Can't have the citizenery assert themselves against the party wisdom now can we? ;) :eusa_whistle:

The GOP establishment will deal with Cain if he begins to look like a legitimate threat.

that's sick
that's taking this to a level, never mind
do you have any idea how many independents voted for Obama?
let it go bud
there is no race issues except those of you who create them

If the GOP throws Cain under the bus, it won't have anything to do with his race. It will have to do with his star rising without their endorsement or any help from them. That isn't allowed with impunity among Republicans or Democrats. It is the precise reason that Palin, Bachmann, Paul, Johnson and a few others are treated with such lukewarm indifference. Tea Parties and Independents aren't supposed to create party leaders--that is reserved for the party itself.

The Democrats not only expect the machine to create their leaders, but they also expect women and minorities to stay on the reservation where they belong. Any who dare stray off are treated visciously.

The Republicans aren't quite that cruel, but they aren't angels in that regard either.

Well wouldn't that just depend on how popular any of those poor dumb bastards become?

The Democrat Establishment was none too keen on the young upstart from Chi-Town stealing the thunder from their previously selected candidate du jour for 2008.

That's why the Rothschild family suddenly dropped Hilary and became ardent and vocal supporters of McCain.

Established, status quo conserving crust that upper does NOT like surprises.

:eusa_think: It seems that We, The People can still have a little clout!

Look I thought the same thing 2 weeks ago and was a big supporter of Perry. This mess with the collage and illegal aliens is killing Perry, as it should
Cain has experience as a CEO, this is all the president is
Look, before you and I go any further, i am fine with Perry winning. My biggest deal with Cain is his tax reform

Good luck

He favors the Fair Tax wherein INCOME TAX IS ELIMINATED! One provision in the Fair Tax proposal is that it would not be implemented until the repeal of the 16th Amendment.

There's nothing wrong with that. We could get rid of half the current employees of the IRS and use the rest to collect the tax. Nobody need know how much money anybody else makes...just tax what they spend. What could be simpler?

A straight consumption tax is unfair to low income folks.
Same as a straight income tax is unfair to the wealthy.​

That's why the fairest tax is a simple blend like Mr. Cains 9-9-9 proposal.

As long as it remains simple, there are 0 deductions beyond payroll, and the definition of "consumption" doesn't start getting squirrely with political favoritism, 9% is not too much to ask.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back