Herman Cain our next president? Check out this new poll

Perry is the only one making sense on illegal immigration. Sad that the rightwing in the GOP is stuck on this.
The president is not a CEO. He is the foreman with a bunch of disgruntled sub-contractors. LBJ was effective as president because he knew who's ass to kiss and who's balls to kick to get what he wanted. Cain will come in with no such experience. As such he will be less effective than Obama.

As to Cain's tax reform, I am utterly against a national sales tax. First, every such VAT scheme has resulted in higher rates over time. Second, because there are exemptions businesses spend time and resources figuring out ways around the rules instead of focusing on making and selling product.
Here's one article about it:
Europe's VAT Lessons - WSJ.com
Here's another that discusses the arbitrary and capricious nature of VAT in Britain.
TaxProf Blog: WSJ: Small Bras and the VAT

Of course I would pick him over Obama. I'd pick Jesse Jackson over Obama.
He favors the Fair Tax wherein INCOME TAX IS ELIMINATED! One provision in the Fair Tax proposal is that it would not be implemented until the repeal of the 16th Amendment.

There's nothing wrong with that. We could get rid of half the current employees of the IRS and use the rest to collect the tax. Nobody need know how much money anybody else makes...just tax what they spend. What could be simpler?

I don't know where you get your information from, but it is dead wrong. Cain favors continuing the personal income tax and adding a national sales tax. The 9-9-9 plan.
CURL: Cain's '9-9-9' tax plan is fairer share - Washington Times

Business Flat Tax – 9%
Gross income less all investments, all purchases from other businesses and all dividends paid to shareholders.
Empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for payroll employed in the zone.
Individual Flat Tax – 9%.
Gross income less charitable deductions.
Empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for those living and/or working in the zone.
National Sales Tax – 9%.
This gets the Fair Tax off the sidelines and into the game.
Phase 2 – The Fair Tax

Amidst a backdrop of the economic boom created by the Phase 1 Enhanced Plan, I will begin the process of educating the American people on the benefits of continuing the next step to the Fair Tax.
The Fair Tax would ultimately replace individual and corporate income taxes.
It would make it possible to end the IRS as we know it.
The Fair Tax makes our exported goods and services the most competitively internationally than any other tax system.

999 | Herman Cain for President

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

I thought Perry was going to be a shoe in
I am going to vote for Cain. always was

Look out libs, this man is a true conservative

whats your thoughts?

Love him. Would vote for him over Obama in a heartbeat. Which means there is no way in hell the inmates running the GOP asylum nowadays would EVER let him get the nomination...

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

whats your thoughts?

What's Cain's position on abortion, public school and parental rights? I haven't heard those, they don't give him enough time.

This is the deal breaker on all of the republican line-up. I'm not certain that I'd want a social fascist, even one with a great plan for fair taxes.

Republicans need to lighten up on their desire to save me from myself if they want independent support.

Two weeks ago,

Backmann is our next president, check out this poll.

Wha happened.??

Not sure where you got that
I do not recall any poll ever having her in the lead, that mattered
At the end of the day the in the pan flashes have made there lap
Out the back Herman Cain and Newt have come out the best
there gaining, not losing

Herman Cain has avery good chance of being the next president of this great nation

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

whats your thoughts?

Love him. Would vote for him over Obama in a heartbeat. Which means there is no way in hell the inmates running the GOP asylum nowadays would EVER let him get the nomination...

Allot people jeep saying that. this country after Obama took center stage is not the same it was 30 months ago
Any way, not dis agreeing with U as much as I am seeing it different than U are

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

whats your thoughts?

What's Cain's position on abortion, public school and parental rights? I haven't heard those, they don't give him enough time.

This is the deal breaker on all of the republican line-up. I'm not certain that I'd want a social fascist, even one with a great plan for fair taxes.

Republicans need to lighten up on their desire to save me from myself if they want independent support.

Well, I think most Americans would love to see School Choice. It's only the small minority of Teacher's Unions that keep blocking it.

As for abortion or gay marriage, I don't think a President is going to effect that much one way or the other.

Well, I think most Americans would love to see School Choice. It's only the small minority of Teacher's Unions that keep blocking it.

As for abortion or gay marriage, I don't think a President is going to effect that much one way or the other.

Fox News Poll: GOP Race Top Tier Now Romney, Perry And Cain | Fox News
the more Perry falls the higher Cain will go. this country wantschange, Romney is not change as I see it

I don't like Romney or Perry. They are both flip flopper's.
Romney is just telling the people what he thinks they want to hear.
Perry is way to arrogant.
Herman Cain needs more name recognition and he is getting it now with the big win in Florida.
Mr Cain is a lot better than what we have now.
He knows economics and has good common sense. Says what he means and means what he says.
His speeches makes us feel good again about being Americans.
Unlike President Obama who divides us and talks down America.

I don't like Romney or Perry. They are both flip flopper's.
Romney is just telling the people what he thinks they want to hear.
Perry is way to arrogant.
Herman Cain needs more name recognition and he is getting it now with the big win in Florida.
Mr Cain is a lot better than what we have now.
He knows economics and has good common sense. Says what he means and means what he says.
His speeches makes us feel good again about being Americans.
Unlike President Obama who divides us and talks down America.

HOME RUN this is what will get him elected
9-9-9?
My god what a good idea
75,000 with 6750 in income tax?
A gallon of gas goes from 3.5 to 3.8 (with me it would be 6.00 a week more)
hell it does that anyway
Job creating machine (mine is about 15,000-17,000 now)
that mean's the rich get an 18% flat tax basically, they would love it

Your naivete as it pertains to American politics is showing. Not only will Cain not win the Presidency, but he will nto even be on the GOP ticket.

IF Cain is on the GOP ticket, he will easily beat Dear Leader.

Cain has the most narrow gap to Obama of any Republican AND the highest draw of independents.

If the GOP is smart, they will nominate Cain.

The GOP is rarely smart.

The GOP wouldn't even put a businessman on their ticket in 2008, because he was a Mormon. Instead they chose McCain (who openly admitted economics were not his strong suit), because he was a warmonger like them. Do you REALLY think the base of the GOP will allow a black male on their ticket? Please...

Your naivete as it pertains to American politics is showing. Not only will Cain not win the Presidency, but he will nto even be on the GOP ticket.

Cain has the most narrow gap to Obama of any Republican AND the highest draw of independents.

The GOP is rarely smart.

The GOP wouldn't even put a businessman on their ticket in 2008, because he was a Mormon. Instead they chose McCain (who openly admitted economics were not his strong suit), because he was a warmonger like them. Do you REALLY think the base of the GOP will allow a black male on their ticket? Please...

Well, the do need to one up the Dems.

But instead of a black man, they should be looking for a black woman.

That'll show how truly "enlightened" they are.

The GOP is rarely smart.

No
wait, who was the president of the GOP party last year?
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...v6i9DA&usg=AFQjCNHw_p8i1yYvhbEwkmbi13eXu7jkYw
Racist? is that your agenda?
Looks like the Florida delegation does not agree with you

The GOP is rarely smart.

No
wait, who was the president of the GOP party last year?
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...v6i9DA&usg=AFQjCNHw_p8i1yYvhbEwkmbi13eXu7jkYw
Racist? is that your agenda?
Looks like the Florida delegation does not agree with you

Put in place simply to counter the election of Obama by this country's voters. Typical "me too" maneuver. Rather childish, if you ask me...

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

whats your thoughts?

The Irony is inescapable. Yep its the repubs trying to save you from yourself........:lmao:

The Irony is inescapable. Yep its the repubs trying to save you from yourself........:lmao:

To start with the independent is what is wrong with this great nation
My god cant you people believe in something?
I am a conservative
I support conservative values
its that simple

How in gods name did you people get conned into voting for Obama?
I mean McCain was not much better, but he was 1000 times better than what we got

conservative used to mean wanting change to occur slowly.

now it's used to mean you're a rabid member of the religious right.

i think that was joe's point.

and probably people who lie and say they're for "small government" should really stop wanting government to impose their religious beliefs on the rest of us.

Last edited:
conservative used to mean wanting change to occur slowly.

now it's used to mean you're a rabid member of the religious right.

i think that was joe's point.

and probably people who lie and say they're for "small government" should really stop wanting government to impose their religious beliefs on the rest of us.

Leftist used to mean you wanted to impose totalitarian dictatorship and lock political enemies in gulags.

Still does.

Herman Cain has zero chance of getting nominated. I appreciate many of his positions and what he has to say. But if Obama taught us anything, experience counts. And Cain has no experience.
At least his temporary success puts "PAID" to the Leftists' notion that the Tea Party is racist.

Look I thought the same thing 2 weeks ago and was a big supporter of Perry. This mess with the collage and illegal aliens is killing Perry, as it should
Cain has experience as a CEO, this is all the president is
Look, before you and I go any further, i am fine with Perry winning. My biggest deal with Cain is his tax reform

Good luck

The POTUS is not a CEO. A CEO is a dictator. If he gets results he gets to keep his job. The president does not call all of the shots. If fact he is barely one third of the power of government. I appears that you do not understand the functionality of the position.

Forum List

Back