Here is the question atheists can't answer...

How did we get here?

So, the correct answer is, "I don't know yet." (That's the correct answer for everyone, by the way)

But, are we being asked to make a bet? Okay then, that changes it, doesn't it? My bet:

Abiogenesis occurred on this planet from an environment of hydrocarbons banging into water and into each other for hundreds of millions of years. Organisms eventually evolved into cellular organisms, then into multi-cellular organism. The many and varied mechanisms of evolution acted on all of the organisms of Earth, eventually leading to the evolution of the human species.

In a nutshell.
That doesn't answer the question. You need to tell me how all this stuff that made us got here.
You do know there are some things we don’t know right?

Wait a second. Do you know? Are you going to say you have the answer?
Yes, I have the answer.
Of course you do....lay out the proof.

How did we get here?

So, the correct answer is, "I don't know yet." (That's the correct answer for everyone, by the way)

But, are we being asked to make a bet? Okay then, that changes it, doesn't it? My bet:

Abiogenesis occurred on this planet from an environment of hydrocarbons banging into water and into each other for hundreds of millions of years. Organisms eventually evolved into cellular organisms, then into multi-cellular organism. The many and varied mechanisms of evolution acted on all of the organisms of Earth, eventually leading to the evolution of the human species.

In a nutshell.
That doesn't answer the question. You need to tell me how all this stuff that made us got here.

Yes, I have the answer.
No don’t. We’ve already seen it all. None of it is evidence. They have nothing. Some of them will even tell you that they know their holy books are real because this god has visited them. That’s clinical insanity. You can’t argue god isn’t real with anyone who has claimed to have communicated with it or they “ felt” it, even though we know no such experience actually happened

How did we get here?

In a nutshell.

Yes, I have the answer.
The proof starts with the potential for intelligence (i.e. beings that know and create) to exist, existed before space and time itself.

In a nutshell.

Yes, I have the answer.
The proof starts with the potential for intelligence (i.e. beings that know and create) to exist, existed before space and time itself.
I sort of see what you are saying. We can’t be the smartest and greatest things ever. If we can think why wouldn’t we believe whatever created us can also think.

Something for me to think about.

Yes, I have the answer.
I sort of see what you are saying. We can’t be the smartest and greatest things ever. If we can think why wouldn’t we believe whatever created us can also think.

Something for me to think about.
For me it was seeing that we create things that emulate intelligence. Which led me to believe that it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.

FWIW I don't see anything special in humans on the third rock orbiting our sun that would put us above or below any other being that knows and create from another planet (if they do exist). I would expect us to be very similar as there are natural requirements which exist within the laws of nature for intelligence to exist.

Oh yeah? And how does the rest of the proof go?

Oh, that's right...you're stuck on this step.

For me it was seeing that we create things that emulate intelligence. Which led me to believe that it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.
But we also create things that don't "emulate intelligence", like basketballs and shampoo.

How did we get here?

In a nutshell.

Yes, I have the answer.
It's a waste of time, debating these silly atheists. They know perfectly well that God exists. They simply lack the humility to admit that there is an ultimate authority that they must answer to.

FWIW I don't see anything special in humans on the third rock orbiting our sun that would put us above or below any other being that knows and create from another planet (if they do exist). I would expect us to be very similar as there are natural requirements which exist within the laws of nature for intelligence to exist.
Yea but one scientist pointed out that they wouldn’t be human because they didn’t grow up here with our atmosphere or moon so while they may be made of the same stuff they evolved on a different planet that probably isn’t like it is here.

He said we assume they would have eyes because we do but maybe not. Things like that.

How did we get here?

In a nutshell.

Yes, I have the answer.
It's a waste of time, debating these silly atheists. They know perfectly well that God exists. They simply lack the humility to admit that there is an ultimate authority that they must answer to.
There might be. So what then? Ok something created us. Now what do you want me to be a better person and give thanks to whatever created us? Ok. To give back in thanks? Ok. I’m just not sure a creator exists. I’m sure if one exists it appreciates my honesty

How did we get here?

In a nutshell.

Yes, I have the answer.
I’m confident answering to a god how about you?

Yea but one scientist pointed out that they wouldn’t be human because they didn’t grow up here with our atmosphere or moon so while they may be made of the same stuff they evolved on a different planet that probably isn’t like it is here.

He said we assume they would have eyes because we do but maybe not. Things like that.
You have to go down the list of attributes required for intelligence to be able to emerge. For instance... #1 life must emerge from the sea. The physics of underwater living precludes intelligence from emerging. You will never see anything in the sea developing a technological society.

The next requirement (besides the sensory) is locomotion. Nature has selected quadrapeds because that is the most effective means of locomotion. I wouldn't expect that to be different. So they would have four limbs like us.

The next requirement would be a large central nervous system. Nature has selected warm blooded creatures for that. I wouldn't expect that to be different. So they would be warm blooded like us.

The next requirement and the most important requirement for intelligence to emerge is opposable thumbs. You can't have intelligence without it. They allow us to grasp objects and see them from different angles and perspectives. It is this that leads to our spacial awareness and intelligence. That's when all the magic begins. The nervous system of every single mammal has gotten larger as it evolved, but it was when the opposable thumb was introduced that our central nervous system took off. Everything about evolution points to the emergence of intelligence.

As for our senses, sight, smell, hearing, touch and taste, nature employs a back up system for each except taste. We have two eyes, two ears, two hands and two nostrils although the two sides of the sinuses are really about backing up the breathing capability. So I would expect that in these regards they would be similar to us as well.

Of course this all goes without saying that they would be carbon based like us as nature has determined that intelligence requires carbon based life forms.

How did we get here?

In a nutshell.

Yes, I have the answer.
Which god are you talking about today? Because over the time of recorded human history, there's been many....and many even before recorded history.

In a nutshell.

Yes, I have the answer.
I’m confident answering to a god how about you?
That's one of the reasons I am most glad to be a Catholic. They teach that we should worry about our souls every day. God isn't a big fan of lip service.

Oh yeah? And how does the rest of the proof go?

Oh, that's right...you're stuck on this step.
What are you talking about?
The argument you never made, of course. Pay attention!
For a guy who has been getting his ass handed to him I don't think you are striking the proper tone.

What is it you are expecting me to do exactly?

But we also create things that don't "emulate intelligence", like basketballs and shampoo.
So what?

Are you trying to suggest that because of that that the nature of intelligence is not to create intelligence.

Do you really want to argue against this?

Forum List

Back