Here is the question atheists can't answer...

used reason and logic
What reason and logic is that, exactly? Trust me, you're going to end up digging up the evidence they used.

If something like seeing the masts of ships falling and rising over the horizon qualifies as evidence based reasoning then why would you dismiss what some people see in life and base their belief in God on as blind faith?

You can't see?

used reason and logic
What reason and logic is that, exactly? Trust me, you're going to end up digging up the evidence they used.

If something like seeing the masts of ships falling and rising over the horizon qualifies as evidence based reasoning then why would you dismiss what some people see in life and base their belief in God on as blind faith?

You can't see?
You didn't answer my question. I will repeat it:

"What reason and logic is that, exactly?"

pretty simple - follow Jesus instructions and he will reveal himself to you
Soooo...believe that Jesus actually existed, and did the things the Bible attributed to him, do what he said to do, and he will demonstrate that He actually existed, and did the things that the Bible attributed to him. And you honestly don't see the problem with this advice, do you?
You would have to believe the unbelievable first.
It's faith...only a Christian understands it. It's way over you
Oh, I understand faith. I just have no respect for it.Faith is the wilful abandonment of logic, and reason.

I don't think that applies all of the time although for the most part and for many people it is absolutely true as many professed believers openly demonstrate here every day.

The exception would be that some people have faith in something long before they understand or can logically reason in what way what they profess to believe is the truth. In these cases faith is not the willful abandonment of logic and reason, it is confidence in their gut instincts.

Many people have envisioned the truth and had faith in their perceptions centuries before any proof for what they believed came to light.

How can you not respect that?
Because their hunch comes from ignorance. How did we get here? Long before we knew we came from a star that blew up long before our sun was even born, and that life probably flew to earth on a comet or meteor rock, humans who didn’t know any better came up with must be god.

And many people like you continue to believe nonsense even though now you know we werent made in 7 days. So I’m not surprised people believed before because they still believe. I can forgive our ancient ancestors. They have an excuse

faith is not the willful abandonment of logic and reason, it is confidence in their gut instincts.
...and the willful rejection of logic and reason soon follows. 6 of one, half dozen of another.
I don’t like the fact evolution. My instincts say god poofed us into existence. We didn’t evolve into humans my gut says we were made by a god. I’m going to take my guts to the scientists. They’ll agree right?

faith is not the willful abandonment of logic and reason, it is confidence in their gut instincts.
...and the willful rejection of logic and reason soon follows. 6 of one, half dozen of another.
Can't help being contrary can you?

How many people had faith in a belief that the world was round long before anyone could prove it?

Wasn't that faith based entirely on logic and reason?
Not many. Their instincts told them they were walking on flat ground. A few smart scientists figured out the earth was round. Today you argue with those scientists that evolution isn’t real because your instinct says the evidence doesn’t add up to you

The faith in the belief that the world was round that some people had
If it was nothing but faith, then it was luck that they were right. If it was an evidence-based determination, then it was not faith. Hobelim, you always struggle with this apparently simple concept.

Before there was any proof and before anyone made an evidence based determination that the world was round they used reason and logic to even have enough faith in the idea in the first place to even begin to look for proof..
Or they were looking for the edge and evidence kept telling them there wasn’t one.

How many people had faith in a belief that the world was round long before anyone could prove it?

Not many. Their instincts told them they were walking on flat ground. A few smart scientists figured out the earth was round. Today you argue with those scientists that evolution isn’t real because your instinct says the evidence doesn’t add up to you
Excuse me?

Today I argue with scientists that evolution isn't real because my instinct says the evidence doesn't add up?

I do this?

Is this your first day here sparkie?

You think it cares? That’s petty human man made up religion talk. So obvious in the Ten Commandments 1. Don’t believe any other gods but me.

Right off the bat I’m suspicious unless god tells me these Ten Commandments. Reveal it in my head oh lord
pretty simple - follow Jesus instructions and he will reveal himself to you
Soooo...believe that Jesus actually existed, and did the things the Bible attributed to him, do what he said to do, and he will demonstrate that He actually existed, and did the things that the Bible attributed to him. And you honestly don't see the problem with this advice, do you?
You would have to believe the unbelievable first.
It's faith...only a Christian understands it. It's way over you
Oh, I understand faith. I just have no respect for it.Faith is the wilful abandonment of logic, and reason.
ITS ALSO LOVING UNCONDITIONALLY

Excuse me?

Today I argue with scientists that evolution isn't real because my instinct says the evidence doesn't add up?

I do this?

I'm just saying the same hunch that told the masses that the earth was clearly flat was the same hunch people had that the entire universe was made for them. I mean look around you it's obvious. All the animals are here for us to eat. The sun and moon are in the exact right place. We are clearly the center of the universe.

I don’t like the fact evolution. My instincts say god poofed us into existence. We didn’t evolve into humans my gut says we were made by a god. I’m going to take my guts to the scientists. They’ll agree right?
If they think it will make you go away...yes, they will agree. :)

Excuse me?

I do this?

I'm just saying the same hunch that told the masses that the earth was clearly flat was the same hunch people had that the entire universe was made for them. I mean look around you it's obvious. All the animals are here for us to eat. The sun and moon are in the exact right place. We are clearly the center of the universe.

Yeah sure, thats what everyone would have thought until some superior being of unimaginable power tossed a giant rock into the sea drowning almost every living thing on the planet....

It would have blown their minds. The event would have traumatized the survivors for generations and they would have established think tanks to figure out why it happened and organizations dedicated to teaching people to eat their peas and carrots lest they incur the wrath of a God that doesn't mess around.They might have reasoned "Shit we really don't know how this God ticks so maybe we shouldn't even mention his name. It might be risky. All we really know is that everything people built was destroyed and almost everyone died so he really couldn't be very happy...Maybe a virgin will appease him, no wait, a dozen virgins, and then we could build a really fine house for him to dwell in with the best wine and the finest meats and freshest bread delivered daily...That ought to put a smile on his face!

BTW, if you don't give us 10% of all the money you will ever make so we can keep God happy (because we really really really really love him so much, really.) :eusa_pray: we'll stone your degenerate ass to death.

Last edited:
How did we get here?

So, the correct answer is, "I don't know yet." (That's the correct answer for everyone, by the way)

But, are we being asked to make a bet? Okay then, that changes it, doesn't it? My bet:

Abiogenesis occurred on this planet from an environment of hydrocarbons banging into water and into each other for hundreds of millions of years. Organisms eventually evolved into cellular organisms, then into multi-cellular organism. The many and varied mechanisms of evolution acted on all of the organisms of Earth, eventually leading to the evolution of the human species.

In a nutshell.
That doesn't answer the question. You need to tell me how all this stuff that made us got here.

How did we get here?

So, the correct answer is, "I don't know yet." (That's the correct answer for everyone, by the way)

But, are we being asked to make a bet? Okay then, that changes it, doesn't it? My bet:

Abiogenesis occurred on this planet from an environment of hydrocarbons banging into water and into each other for hundreds of millions of years. Organisms eventually evolved into cellular organisms, then into multi-cellular organism. The many and varied mechanisms of evolution acted on all of the organisms of Earth, eventually leading to the evolution of the human species.

In a nutshell.
That doesn't answer the question. You need to tell me how all this stuff that made us got here.
You do know there are some things we don’t know right?

Wait a second. Do you know? Are you going to say you have the answer?

How did we get here?

In a nutshell.

You want to know how the universe got here. We don’t know. Multiverses? Or it lives and dies forever. Big Bang Super contract repeat over a zillion years

That doesn't answer the question.
Of course it does. It shows how we got here. If you wanted to know how eberything got here, you should have said so.

But, either way, the correct answer (for everyone) is still, "I don't know".
I just realized this the other day. How did we humans get here? They think god poofed us here. That’s how they think we got here, but evolution tells us how we got here.

But how did life start and where did we come from? Must be god did it. But that explains nothing. Now we know we came from stars that blew up..

But what started the Big Bang? We don’t know so for now I guess god did it. But again that explains nothing

Of course it does. It shows how we got here. If you wanted to know how eberything got here, you should have said so.

I just realized this the other day. How did we humans get here? They think god poofed us here. That’s how they think we got here, but evolution tells us how we got here.

But how did life start and where did we come from? Must be god did it. But that explains nothing. Now we know we came from stars that blew up..

But what started the Big Bang? We don’t know so for now I guess god did it. But again that explains nothing
Right, agreed, that is not an explanation. That merely replaces one mystery with another.

Right, agreed, that is not an explanation. That merely replaces one mystery with another.
Want to know a secret? They have no evidence of a creator. Until it reveals itself the hypothesis is just speculation.

I think most people understand that Moses Jesus Mohammad and Joseph Smith lied. Some people believe one or a couple of them but most realize at least two lied

How did we get here?

In a nutshell.
You do know there are some things we don’t know right?

Wait a second. Do you know? Are you going to say you have the answer?
Yes, I have the answer.

Forum List

Back