Help/advice please! Terrible head/ear issues over a week

ninja007

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Living rent free in libs heads
ok, so im a 43 year old male- overweight but otherwise healthy- No drugs, no drinking- clean. Last thursday i woke up w/ the worst vertigo/dizzy feeling and a headache and felt like passing out. I called an ambulance. I got there and BP normal, heart normal. It was NOT a panic attack. I am 100% sure of it cause I have had them. I left w/o treatment as wait was 5-10 hours, went home to sleep. Felt only a tad better next few days.

I went to clinic, was told left ear infection. Had wax buildup only in that ear, got flushed out and ear was rechecked by my family dr., saw redness and some swelling (middle ear). Been on Amoxicillin, 500 mg three times per day with NO improvement at all (10 days), have 4.5 days left.

My worst symptoms are head feels full like on a boat, very wear, tired, dizzy but not in the true sense- more of an OFF BALANCE constant 24/7 feeling in my head. Blood work showed I was fighting a VIRUS a few weeks back. So for 7 full days head feels awful. Not that much in headaches just dizzyish/spaced out feeling etc.... ITS AWFUL. Never had this before. Advil or tylenol sinus doesnt really help. Feel like my heads always got pins/needles.

My SINUSES are clear, brain is ok- had a CT SCAN a few weeks back. I'm thinking a very stubborn ear infection (even though I went back today and my doc says its NOT infected ANYMORE)... or my EUSTACHIAN TUB(S) are swollen and not staying open. This is the worst feeling. Made an ENT appt but that might take months to get in. I cannot live like this. Lots of rest, water etc.... Please if anyone has had similar.

AFAIK I DO NOT have Menieres Disease either.

go back to the dr. the antibiotic you are on should have made a difference within 48 hours. you need a different one.

Forum List

Back