Hello from an American living in VN

Tilac

Rookie
Mar 16, 2016
Former full-time political junkie, now just a part time political and policy junkie.

Living and working in Vietnam at the moment.

I still vote and follow US issues and news.

See you on the board.

Former full-time political junkie, now just a part time political and policy junkie.

See you on the board.

South east Asia . Yuck !

Go to the UAE, Qatar, Jordan, Netherlands, or Germany.

Never go to a country that can incarcerate you for no reason - such as the current situation in North Korea and a US Student.

Shadow 355

Shadow, have you been to Vietnam?

You cannot be incarcerated for no reason.

What countries have you lived in?

How many countries have you travelled to?

See you on the board.

Cool. More than a few people would be interested in hearing about the changes there. I haven't been there since 1975.

Also apparently the VN govt. is doing another base leasing deal with Russia, so that might get interesting in the next couple of years as well.

Hi Picaro,

Yes, a lot of changes in VN and things are changing rapidly on many fronts. Some good, and some not good, IMO.

VN joined WTO in 2007 and just signed on with TPP.

Incomes are up.

The younger generation has access to lots (all) information b/c of technology and globalization they think very differently than their grandparents and even their parents.

The bases deal act as a counter to China and to get income. Also, the US is VN's largest trading partner and the US and VN are in bed together in their stance against China.

Less rules and regulations here. Things are more flexible. I can only speak for a foreigner as we are treated differently. We have a lot more freedom in VN, and a better life style than in the over-regulated west with high cost of living and low wages.

See you on the board.
I'm surprised there aren't more foreigners on these boards. Welcome.

Do Vietnamese women love American men?

I have a friend that just visited nam' he went back to where he fought and now it is a world class golf course. He went on and on about it.

Edit: oh yea welcome....

See you on the board.

Hi Sealybobo,

I'm not a foreigner. Born and raised in US. Caucasian dude (not that it matters).

I still visit the US every Summer for a month.

Some VNese women love American men and Westerners. Some prefer them for cultural reasons.

I have a friend that just visited nam' he went back to where he fought and now it is a world class golf course. He went on and on about it.

Edit: oh yea welcome....

Cheer bear,

There are a lot of golf courses. I don't golf so, don't know much about the details.

Decent weather, year round fruit, nice ladies that are not overweight.

I'll return to the US, I just don't know when that will be. It depends on work here.

See you on the board.

Wow, you are sad.

See you on the board.

Unotare,

I should add that I follow US domestic politics less than I used to (I noted following "part-time" now.) Hee-hee.

I follow economics more.

Wow, you are sad.

Unotare,

I should add that I follow US domestic politics less than I used to (I noted following "part-time" now.) Hee-hee.

I follow economics more.

South east Asia . Yuck !

Never go to a country that can incarcerate you for no reason - such as the current situation in North Korea and a US Student.

Shadow 355

You don't know a whole lot about Asia do you. Southeast Asia, where my mother happens to be from, harbors some of the highest standards of living in the world. Singapore and Hong Kong are two of the top ten economic power houses in the world and also have the highest life expectancy and living standards. North Korea is not in southeast Asia and it's also a Communist country run by a nut job.

South east Asia . Yuck !

Shadow 355

You don't know a whole lot about Asia do you. Southeast Asia, where my mother happens to be from, harbors some of the highest standards of living in the world. Singapore and Hong Kong are two of the top ten economic power houses in the world and also have the highest life expectancy and living standards. North Korea is not in southeast Asia and it's also a Communist country run by a nut job.

Yes, that poster shadow is very ignorant.

East Asia is on the rise, and the US is in steady decline. There is optimism in East Asia (and South East Asia).

This cannot be said for the US. The standard of living in the US has been in decline for decades and will continue to decline unfortunately.

He's thinking of Obama's NDAA.

See you on the board.

wan-me-fluff-your-pillow_o_1604635.jpg

Fi' dollah GI

He's thinking of Obama's NDAA.

I know what the NDAA is, but I'm not sure what you mean.

I'm a civilian working in the education industry.

There are a few American military guys here in VN, but they are not allowed to wear uniforms. They occasionally come for training or coordinations w/ the VNese military.

Forum List

Back