Heavy Precipitation Over the US: Has it Increased as Some have Predicted it Should?

We had rain here last night. Has to be manmade global warming

Nothing else explain it

I have to say, I think it is a shame we don't have some stronger posters here who can really present a case against climate change science.

There have been one or two posters here who could debate, but I haven't seen them around for a while, more is the party.

How they must have cringed to watch you two guy falling over each other to concede defeat.

It's Global when it affects the wineries from Bordeaux to Napa, otherwise it's local climate story and you;re putting the fake "EEEKK! Manmade Global Warming!!!" Sticker on it

That's "Science"? really?

It's a fucking embarrassment

The stronger posters realize that they are dealing with a cult. Not unlike a religious cult who sees the cult path as the path to salvation. The Heaven's Gate cult was so driven that they killed themselves. The cult belief overcoming even basic survival instincts.

The cult of global warming in the summer and climate change in the winter is a religious cult with all the trappings of a religious cult. They have to be dealt with the same way. Try to give them evidence of their deranged beliefs, and when that fails, as it always will, stop them from making policy based on cult beliefs.

I have to say, I think it is a shame we don't have some stronger posters here who can really present a case against climate change science.

There have been one or two posters here who could debate, but I haven't seen them around for a while, more is the party.

How they must have cringed to watch you two guy falling over each other to concede defeat.

How is taking a local weather story and claiming it's "Manmade Global Warming" a case for Climate change?

It's moronic

It's not science

The stronger posters realize that they are dealing with a cult. Not unlike a religious cult who sees the cult path as the path to salvation. The Heaven's Gate cult was so driven that they killed themselves. The cult belief overcoming even basic survival instincts.

The cult of global warming in the summer and climate change in the winter is a religious cult with all the trappings of a religious cult. They have to be dealt with the same way. Try to give them evidence of their deranged beliefs, and when that fails, as it always will, stop them from making policy based on cult beliefs.

images

Even see OR posts right after a tornado kills people in the US?

If you have to tell people you won -- you didn't.

Look, it's really no one's fault but your own. You made claims you couldn't back up. Just saying you did doesn't work.

Now stop whining about it.

images

In this thread, Wry Catcher blames the victims because they voted Republican.

How is taking a local weather story and claiming it's "Manmade Global Warming" a case for Climate change?

It's moronic

It's not science

How do ignorant savages explain things like the eclipse? It's caused by the villagers doing something they shouldn't or failing to do something they should, in the opinion of the local shaman.

No one could tell them what really causes an eclipse. They are seeing "proof" with their own eyes. To them, the sun or the moon is hidden not just where they are, but over the entire world.

Global warming hysteria to change behavior is only a step to get people used to being led by hysteria. Global warming hysteria is necessary to reduce the world's population and that's the real argument. It's not cars, or factories. It's people. Once the myth become a given fact, the rest will follow relatively easily. We're saving the world here, isn't confined to recycling that water bottle, it's killing your grandparents and your children.

Overpopulation and Climate Change

The largest single threat to the ecology and biodiversity of the planet in the decades to come will be global climate disruption due to the buildup of human-generated greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. People around the world are beginning to address the problem by reducing their carbon footprint through less consumption and better technology. But unsustainable human population growth can overwhelm those efforts, leading us to conclude that we not only need smaller footprints, but fewer feet.
Portland, Oregon, for example, decreased its combined per-capita residential energy and car driving carbon footprint by 5 percent between 2000 and 2005. During this same period, however, its population grew by 8 percent.
A 2009 study of the relationship between population growth and global warming determined that the “carbon legacy” of just one child can produce 20 times more greenhouse gas than a person will save by driving a high-mileage car, recycling, using energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs, etc. Each child born in the United States will add about 9,441 metric tons of carbon dioxide to the carbon legacy of an average parent. The study concludes, “Clearly, the potential savings from reduced reproduction are huge compared to the savings that can be achieved by changes in lifestyle.”

images

In this thread, Wry Catcher blames the victims because they voted Republican.

The "American" Left is a Neo-Marxist Cult. Sick fuckers

If Obama wins, we're fucked, but when he loses he'll send these mindless fucks off to riot and disrupted society because Rush said he wanted Obama to fail.

The Global Warming cult and the death of science.
The Global Warming Cult and the Death of Science | FrontPage Magazine

Global Warming is a cult.
Michael Barone: Global Warming is a Cult

The cult of global warming is losing influence.
RealClearPolitics - Cult of Global Warming Is Losing Influence

The new religion is global warming.
The New Religion is Global Warming | Capitalism Magazine

That's why warmists aren't subject to facts or argument. They are merely driven further into cult beliefs.

Perhaps this might shed some light......except in darkened minds so closed that nothing can penetrate.....

(good article, BTW, I recommend reading all of it.)

What Climate Change Means for Wine Industry
WIRED SCIENCE
By Mark Hertsgaard
April 26, 2010
(excerpts)
Because wine grapes are extraordinarily sensitive to temperature, the industry amounts to an early-warning system for problems that all food crops — and all industries — will confront as global warming intensifies. In vino veritas, the Romans said: In wine there is truth. The truth now is that Earth’s climate is changing much faster than the wine business, and virtually every other business on earth, is preparing for. All crops need favorable climates, but few are as vulnerable to temperature and other extremes as wine grapes. “There is a 15-fold difference in the price of cabernet sauvignon grapes that are grown in Napa Valley and cabernet sauvignon grapes grown in Fresno” in California’s hot Central Valley, says Kim Cahill, a consultant to the Napa Valley Vintners’ Association. “Cab grapes grown in Napa sold [in 2006] for $4,100 a ton. In Fresno the price was $260 a ton. The difference in average temperature between Napa and Fresno was 5 degrees Fahrenheit.”

Numbers like that help explain why climate change is poised to clobber the global wine industry, a multibillion-dollar business whose decline would also damage the much larger industries of food, restaurants, and tourism. Every business on earth will feel the effects of global warming, but only the ski industry — which appears doomed in its current form — is more visibly targeted by the hot, erratic weather that lies in store over the next 50 years. In France, the rise in temperatures may render the Champagne region too hot to produce fine champagne. The same is true for the legendary reds of Châteauneuf du Pape, where the stony white soil’s ability to retain heat, once considered a virtue, may now become a curse. The world’s other major wine-producing regions — California, Italy, Spain, Australia — are also at risk. If current trends continue, the “premium-wine-grape production area [in the United States] … could decline by up to 81 percent by the late 21st century,” a team of scientists wrote in a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in 2006. The culprit was not so much the rise in average temperatures but an increased frequency of extremely hot days, defined as above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit). If no adaptation measures were taken, these increased heat spikes would “eliminate wine-grape production in many areas of the United States,” the scientists wrote.

THat's moronic.. The Central Valley (Fresno) produces primarily TABLE GRAPES AND RAISINS.. Because of the difference in weather. Thus the price diff.. Look it up.. The Wine Country IS and WILL be "the wine country" for a reason..

For the record -- the Central Valley and FRESNO have ALWAYS had many days OVER 95 degs EVERY SUMMER since the 70s, while Napa and Sonoma are moderated by fog and proximity to the ocean...

I've been to literally a HUNDRED vineyard and wineries in California and all over the world. To compare wine grape vineyards to FRESNO just shows ignorance of geography and microclimates.

Pure BUNK --- hysteria, ignorance, ACTUAL LYING and no facts in that embarrassing clippage of yours. Wine grape production is UP in Australia since 2000.. Go tell me it isn't.... And I'd neg Saigon AGAIN if I could for claiming he's produced ANY EVIDENCE of this grapicide by CO2.

Last edited:
Wine grape production is UP in Australia since 2000.. Go tell me it isn't

In its latest vineyard survey (2009-10), the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) estimates that 156,632 ha are cultivated for winegrapes in Australia (see table). Of this amount 151,789 ha are now bearing fruit. The total area has declined every year since 2006-07 when the total area reached a record high of 173,776 ha.

Perhaps this might shed some light......except in darkened minds so closed that nothing can penetrate.....

(good article, BTW, I recommend reading all of it.)

What Climate Change Means for Wine Industry
WIRED SCIENCE
By Mark Hertsgaard
April 26, 2010
(excerpts)
Because wine grapes are extraordinarily sensitive to temperature, the industry amounts to an early-warning system for problems that all food crops — and all industries — will confront as global warming intensifies. In vino veritas, the Romans said: In wine there is truth. The truth now is that Earth’s climate is changing much faster than the wine business, and virtually every other business on earth, is preparing for. All crops need favorable climates, but few are as vulnerable to temperature and other extremes as wine grapes. “There is a 15-fold difference in the price of cabernet sauvignon grapes that are grown in Napa Valley and cabernet sauvignon grapes grown in Fresno” in California’s hot Central Valley, says Kim Cahill, a consultant to the Napa Valley Vintners’ Association. “Cab grapes grown in Napa sold [in 2006] for $4,100 a ton. In Fresno the price was $260 a ton. The difference in average temperature between Napa and Fresno was 5 degrees Fahrenheit.”

Numbers like that help explain why climate change is poised to clobber the global wine industry, a multibillion-dollar business whose decline would also damage the much larger industries of food, restaurants, and tourism. Every business on earth will feel the effects of global warming, but only the ski industry — which appears doomed in its current form — is more visibly targeted by the hot, erratic weather that lies in store over the next 50 years. In France, the rise in temperatures may render the Champagne region too hot to produce fine champagne. The same is true for the legendary reds of Châteauneuf du Pape, where the stony white soil’s ability to retain heat, once considered a virtue, may now become a curse. The world’s other major wine-producing regions — California, Italy, Spain, Australia — are also at risk. If current trends continue, the “premium-wine-grape production area [in the United States] … could decline by up to 81 percent by the late 21st century,” a team of scientists wrote in a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in 2006. The culprit was not so much the rise in average temperatures but an increased frequency of extremely hot days, defined as above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit). If no adaptation measures were taken, these increased heat spikes would “eliminate wine-grape production in many areas of the United States,” the scientists wrote.

THat's moronic.. The Central Valley (Fresno) produces primarily TABLE GRAPES AND RAISINS.. Because of the difference in weather. Thus the price diff.. Look it up.. The Wine Country IS and WILL be "the wine country" for a reason..

For the record -- the Central Valley and FRESNO have ALWAYS had many days OVER 95 degs EVERY SUMMER since the 70s, while Napa and Sonoma are moderated by fog and proximity to the ocean...

I've been to literally a HUNDRED vineyard and wineries in California and all over the world. To compare wine grape vineyards to FRESNO just shows ignorance of geography and microclimates.

Pure BUNK --- hysteria, ignorance, ACTUAL LYING and no facts in that embarrassing clippage of yours. Wine grape production is UP in Australia since 2000.. Go tell me it isn't.... And I'd neg Saigon AGAIN if I could for claiming he's produced ANY EVIDENCE of this grapicide by CO2.

Wine grape production is UP in Australia since 2000...um, because of manmade global warming? amiright, coach?

Wine grape production is UP in Australia since 2000...um, because of manmade global warming? amiright, coach?

In its latest vineyard survey (2009-10), the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) estimates that 156,632 ha are cultivated for winegrapes in Australia (see table). Of this amount 151,789 ha are now bearing fruit. The total area has declined every year since 2006-07 when the total area reached a record high of 173,776 ha.

Link in #206.

The decline, as we know, is due to the impact of the catastropic droughts in 2008 and 2009.

Frank will now concede the debate in 3,2,1....

Last edited:

SAME WEBSITE -- NO EVIDENCE OF GLOBAL WARMING CITED for the 2012 crush - Can you find a mention????

Winebiz | Vintage Reports

2012 vintage report overview
Australia’s 2012 vintage is expected to be 4% higher than last year, with unanimous reports of above average quality across most regions and varieties. Expectations are that it will be recognised as a standout vintage.

The Winemakers’ Federation of Australia’s annual Vintage Survey estimates the total national crush at 1.66 million tonnes, compared with 1.6 million in 2011. This is close to the latest five-year average of 1.63 million, but well below the peak of 1.93 million in 2005.

The warm inland regions are estimated to have accounted for nearly one million tonnes an increase of 70,000 tonnes (7%) over last year.

The higher crush comes despite many individual regions reporting lower yields. The explanation appears to be that high yield propensity in 2011 primed vines for a level of fruitfulness lower than in 2011, but closer to average.

There was no significant change in bearing area during the year and anecdotal evidence suggests unharvested fruit and production caps were not a factor in determining vintage size.

There was some yield loss at fruit set and localised losses due to rain events occurred in some regions in the eastern states. However, seasonal conditions were generally favourable and ripening conditions were ideal, which was greeted with unbridled delight in many regions.

To take a COMPLICATED agricultural product as fickle as WINE GRAPES and PRETEND that Global Warming is their problem is juvenile and assinine. Continue if it pleases you --- but haven't got a thimblefull of proof or science in your favor...

And I need an answer to this or you go on IGNORE..

What does a "7% increase in the WARMER inland areas" tell you about the claim that GLOBAL WARMING is killing the wine grape crop in Australia??

And WHAT was the result of the 2008 harvest that the NYTimes whined about?? Need an answer to that one as well...

Last edited:
Uh huh

Weatherwatch: Australia's 'big drought' officially over after a decade | News | The Guardian

Droughts have always been a feature of Australian life: on average, at least one region experiences severe drought every 18 years. Major droughts have also affected most of the country before, including the Federation Drought of 1895-1902 which wiped out half the sheep population, and the World War II droughts of 1937-45.

In recent years weather in Australia has lurched between drought and flooding. These variations have coincided with the El Niño and La Niña oscillations in the Pacific, and a current known as the Indian Ocean Dipole. This normally drives moist air towards south-east Australia but sometimes reverses, decreasing rainfall.

Take a normal cyclical occurrence and call it catastrophic that never happened before.

If you don't believe the Australian grape harvest news from 2012 ---- How about 2011???

This is embarrassingly good...

Australia 2011 harvest 'too big', says winemaker federation

Daily wine news - the latest breaking wine news from around the world | News | decanter.com

Australia 2011 harvest 'too big', says winemaker federation
Wednesday 15 June 2011 by Rebecca GibbComments (2)

The huge Australian harvest this year is 'out of step' with the realities of sustainable production, a senior executive has said.

Yields from the 2011 Australian and New Zealand harvests have exceeded all expectations.

Australia has recorded a larger crop than 2010 despite disease ravaging the country's wine regions while New Zealand has announced another record-breaking vintage.

The estimated Australian crush of 1.63m tonnes is a 1% increase compared to 2010, representing another blow for the country's producers, already battling with a wine glut and depressed prices.

Stephen Strachan, the Winemakers' Federation of Australia chief executive, said, 'The vintage is too big. It may seem harsh, given the year many people have had, to focus on the longer term rather than the demands of the present, but a harvest in excess of 1.6m tonnes is out of step with the realities of sustainable production and the market opportunity for premium Australian wine.'

Across the Tasman, New Zealand Winegrowers has reported the 2011 crop reached 328,000 tonnes, more than 40,000 tonnes higher than the record 2008 vintage, which caused massive oversupply problems and falling profitability.

However, industry bodies including New Zealand Winegrowers and Wine Marlborough are defending the larger than expected crop, suggesting it is needed to meet growing demand.

Marcus Pickens of Wine Marlborough, said, 'I'm reassured that we have all learnt a lesson since 2008: don't bring more fruit in than you can sell. The harvest is a lot bigger than the expected 310,000 tonnes but increasing export sales speak for themselves and our markets continue to grow.'

Forum List

Back