The transparency of real science

Your doomsayer screed gives away itself for the pseudo-scientific pap that it is in the first paragraph, and those who don't by the snake oil are the problem.

You funnah.
This is astounding. Here we are on post #24 and NO ONE seems to have read or understood the OP. The article is discussing a FAILURE of modern climate models. Did none of you catch that wee point?

A new study has found that the atmosphere, particularly over arid regions, has not been experiencing the increase in humidity that the Clausius-Clapeyron relationship predicts should accompany the temperature rise it is undergoing. General climate models (GCMs) that incorporate that relationship predict higher relative humidity values than are being seen in arid regions. The difference is sufficient to have significant effects, particularly with regard to increased fire risk and fresh water supply as temperatures continue to rise. Scientists have not identified the cause of this difference but their are several possibilities. Good information is required for resource management and fire prevention programs.

Abstract​

Arid and semi-arid regions of the world are particularly vulnerable to greenhouse gas–driven hydroclimate change. Climate models are our primary tool for projecting the future hydroclimate that society in these regions must adapt to, but here, we present a concerning discrepancy between observed and model-based historical hydroclimate trends. Over the arid/semi-arid regions of the world, the predominant signal in all model simulations is an increase in atmospheric water vapor, on average, over the last four decades, in association with the increased water vapor–holding capacity of a warmer atmosphere. In observations, this increase in atmospheric water vapor has not happened, suggesting that the availability of moisture to satisfy the increased atmospheric demand is lower in reality than in models in arid/semi-arid regions. This discrepancy is most clear in locations that are arid/semi-arid year round, but it is also apparent in more humid regions during the most arid months of the year. It indicates a major gap in our understanding and modeling capabilities which could have severe implications for hydroclimate projections, including fire hazard, moving forward.​
They are learning as they go. All of this is new.

This is astounding. Here we are on post #24 and NO ONE seems to have read or understood the OP. The article is discussing a FAILURE of modern climate models. Did none of you catch that wee point?
I understood it just fine....It gave itself away in the first paragraph.

"General climate models" that have never ever been predictive to start with, failed to be predictive yet again.

Filed under: "days that end with a 'y'".

I understood it just fine....It gave itself away in the first paragraph.

"General climate models" that have never ever been predictive to start with, failed to be predictive yet again.

Filed under: "days that end with a 'y'".
I don't think you did. And of course they have been predictive.

1705853102278.png

1705853117825.png

1705853134750.png

1705853153198.png

1705853173810.png

1705853195905.png

1705853213014.png

1705853231683.png

A new study has found that the atmosphere, particularly over arid regions, has not been experiencing the increase in humidity that the Clausius-Clapeyron relationship predicts should accompany the temperature rise it is undergoing. General climate models (GCMs) that incorporate that relationship predict higher relative humidity values than are being seen in arid regions. The difference is sufficient to have significant effects, particularly with regard to increased fire risk and fresh water supply as temperatures continue to rise. Scientists have not identified the cause of this difference but their are several possibilities. Good information is required for resource management and fire prevention programs.

Abstract​

Arid and semi-arid regions of the world are particularly vulnerable to greenhouse gas–driven hydroclimate change. Climate models are our primary tool for projecting the future hydroclimate that society in these regions must adapt to, but here, we present a concerning discrepancy between observed and model-based historical hydroclimate trends. Over the arid/semi-arid regions of the world, the predominant signal in all model simulations is an increase in atmospheric water vapor, on average, over the last four decades, in association with the increased water vapor–holding capacity of a warmer atmosphere. In observations, this increase in atmospheric water vapor has not happened, suggesting that the availability of moisture to satisfy the increased atmospheric demand is lower in reality than in models in arid/semi-arid regions. This discrepancy is most clear in locations that are arid/semi-arid year round, but it is also apparent in more humid regions during the most arid months of the year. It indicates a major gap in our understanding and modeling capabilities which could have severe implications for hydroclimate projections, including fire hazard, moving forward.​
And yet the IPCC isn't transparent about the way they report the GHG effect by not showing radiative forcing and feedback as separate phenomenon.

Abstract​

...alternatively, your models suck and your theory fails

Check it out.

The denier trolls all immediately went into troll-and-trash mode. You know, like they do every time.

This is why we can't have nice things or intelligent discussion. The deniers here always act like badly behaved children. They take pride in being trash humans.

Deniers, what's the source of your intellectual cowardice here, and of your squealing cowardice in general? Were you attracted to the denier liars' cult because you were already eunuchs, or were you snipped as part of the initiation ceremony? After all, there's no way that any human possessing gonads would act like you all do.

If I acted like most of the deniers here do, I'd feel compelled to commit ritual hari-kari to remove the legacy of shame from my family. But then, I have a conscience.

Last edited:
I have full confidence that the police DO have the balls necessary to come take them from you

I KNOW you would love to see that happen. Fanatics love using force to impose their will.

There is one tiny, little flaw in your plan...
Most police drive gas cars and own lawnmowers.

That's the problem with trying enforce prohibition on something everyone owns or uses.

Check it out.

The denier trolls all immediately went into troll-and-trash mode. You know, like they do every time.

This is why we can't have nice things or intelligent discussion. The deniers here always act like badly behaved children. They take pride in being trash humans.

Deniers, what's the source of your intellectual cowardice here, and of your squealing cowardice in general? Were you attracted to the denier liars' cult because you were already eunuchs, or were you snipped as part of the initiation ceremony? After all, there's no way that any human possessing gonads would act like you all do.

If I acted like most of the deniers here do, I'd feel compelled to commit ritual hari-kari to remove the legacy of shame from my family. But then, I have a conscience.
All those words and you said exactly nothing.
Just more of the usual tripe filled broadbrushing you always post.

All I see is a couple posters who belittle others in their misplaced arrogance and delusions of superiority.
Then have another look at posts #1, #8 and #28. Then show me all the hard science data and links you've posted in this thread.

I wasn't the one talking about prying a weed whacker from my cold dead fingers.

So, just to be clear, you honestly don't know the difference between fighting to keep what you own vs sicking the government on someone to take by force what they have?

So, just to be clear, you honestly don't know the difference between fighting to keep what you own vs sicking the government on someone to take by force what they have?
So just to be clear, you don't have the faintest fuck of an idea what this thread is actually about.

Forum List

Back