Heavy Precipitation Over the US: Has it Increased as Some have Predicted it Should?

I also found another take on the whole issue which I think is interesting:

Fifty years ago, English wine was something of a national joke.

Then came climate change. Between 1961 and 2006, temperatures in southern England increased an average of 3 degrees Fahrenheit. English wine came roaring back.

Today, there are about 400 commercial vineyards. English sparkling wines are beating their French rivals in international competitions. “We’ve noticed the climate has improved consistently. The weather has improved, the ripening period has become longer, and year after year we’re getting quality fruit,” says Chris White, the general manager of the Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking, England’s largest vineyard at 265 acres. Denbies is anticipating an even warmer future. In 2010 it planted seven acres of Sauvignon Blanc vines, a grape originating from the warmer Bordeaux region of France.

What Rising Temperatures May Mean for World

Daveman -

If you do wish to actually read and discuss the issue of winemakers abandoning wine production because of the impact of climate change, do let me know.

I think we both know you won't discuss it.
You don't want discussion. You want immediate, unquestioning agreement and endorsement.

Because that's what AGW cultists insist on -- otherwise you're an anti-science denier.

Look, it's really not my fault, but perhaps you shouldn't make claims you can't back up. If you want to make claims that will be accepted simply because you say they're right, you should stick to the AGW cult blogs.

Now, one final time: Prove that Aussie vineyard owners are plowing their vines under due to climate change, or stop making the claim.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPnZZTVp_2A]Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine - YouTube[/ame]

The cultists have it all sewed up. If it rains or doesn't rain, it's global warming. If it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter, it's climate change. Let's just be grateful that the cultists don't decide that human activity affects planetary rotation.

Now, one final time: Prove that Aussie vineyard owners are plowing their vines under due to climate change, or stop making the claim.

It's already been posted three times - you could alo check posts #199 and #200 here.

What do you want - the phone numbers of the winemakers involved?

"We believe there are 800 to 1,000 growers predominantly in Murray Valley and the Riverland in South Australia who are going to have to make a decision this year about whether they stay or go," said Mark McKenzie, executive director of Wine Grape Growers' Australia."

"It is the grape growers in these semi-arid areas who already face the greatest hardship. Calls to rural financial counseling services have soared in recent months."

"Industry groups estimate that of the 7,000 or so wine growers, as many as 1,000 may be forced to leave the industry this year because their vineyards are no longer financially viable."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/25/business/worldbusiness/25iht-wine.1.11395929.html?pagewanted=all

and the impact:

In its latest vineyard survey (2009-10), the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) estimates that 156,632 ha are cultivated for winegrapes in Australia (see table). Of this amount 151,789 ha are now bearing fruit. The total area has declined every year since 2006-07 when the total area reached a record high of 173,776 ha.

http://www.winebiz.com.au/statistics/viticulture.asp

I have dozens of other stories here which all tell similar stories - some from Spain, some from Mexico, some from the US.

What further evidence would you need to see before you would be willing to discuss the issure of climate change impacting agriculture?

Jesus - all of this just to get you guys to even begin to discuss a topic!

Last edited:

It's already been posted three times - you could alo check posts #199 and #200 here.

"We believe there are 800 to 1,000 growers predominantly in Murray Valley and the Riverland in South Australia who are going to have to make a decision this year about whether they stay or go," said Mark McKenzie, executive director of Wine Grape Growers' Australia."

"It is the grape growers in these semi-arid areas who already face the greatest hardship. Calls to rural financial counseling services have soared in recent months."

"Industry groups estimate that of the 7,000 or so wine growers, as many as 1,000 may be forced to leave the industry this year because their vineyards are no longer financially viable."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/25/business/worldbusiness/25iht-wine.1.11395929.html?pagewanted=all

and the impact:

In its latest vineyard survey (2009-10), the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) estimates that 156,632 ha are cultivated for winegrapes in Australia (see table). Of this amount 151,789 ha are now bearing fruit. The total area has declined every year since 2006-07 when the total area reached a record high of 173,776 ha.

Winebiz | Wine Industry Statistics - Viticulture

I have dozens of other stories here which all tell similar stories - some from Spain, some from Mexico, some from the US.

What further evidence would you need to see before you would be willing to discuss the issure of climate change impacting agriculture?

I've read those links.

The word "plow" or any of its tenses and variations never appears.

Is English your distant-second language?

Say, maybe this new "Climate affects the wine industry" would explain why there are variations in wines from year to year?

Holy fucking cow!

That's it!

The Warmers may be on to something!

Seriously?

So if farmers dig the grape under it doesn't count?

If they use tractors or shovels or bulldozers it doesn't count?

Could you be any less honest?

My English is more than good enough to know that you will not - and can not - discuss the impact of climate change on agriculture.

Crusader -

I see that you have conceded the debate (again).

I assume this is because you also realise you can not afford to debate the topic.

Well done! Walk tall!

and the impact:

Winebiz | Wine Industry Statistics - Viticulture

But is not global, you're taking an isolated local affect and attaching your hysterical "manmade Global Warming" sticker on it

That's cult behavior. It will need to be deprogrammed

Crusader -

I assume this is because you also realise you can not afford to debate the topic.

Well done! Walk tall!

You took an isolated, local incident and tried to pawn it off as "Global Warming"

Epic Fail

But is not global, you're taking an isolated local affect and attaching your hysterical "manmade Global Warming" sticker on it

Of course it isn't global!!

Would you really expect Finland or Alaska to be experiencing droughts?

The force driving climate change (rising temperatures, collapsing glaciers, rising sea levels) are global.

But the impact of climate change is always going to be regional and local because climate is regional and local.

The same factors impacting agriculture in Australia are also being experienced in areas with similar climate patterns - i.e. Spain, parts of the US, Mexico.

A lot of this stuff is quite simple to understand if you want to understand it.

Crusader -

Well done! Walk tall!

Manmade Global warming affect Wine industry. See? here's a picture of how it works

epic-fail.jpeg

Seriously?

So if farmers dig the grape under it doesn't count?

If they use tractors or shovels or bulldozers it doesn't count?

Could you be any less honest?

My English is more than good enough to know that you will not - and can not - discuss the impact of climate change on agriculture.
If I were less than honest, I'd be an AGW cultist.

Please quote the specific paragraphs in those articles that say what you claim.

Ok, so neither of you are willing to discuss the topic sensibly. Again.

I am surprised.

I'll leave you to the desperate excuses - though I doubt we will ever see anything to match Dave's "I won't talk about climate change impacting the farmers unless there is proof the farmer's own ploughs".

I don't think I have ever come across such scared posters before!

Of course it isn't global!!

Would you really expect Finland or Alaska to be experiencing droughts?

The force driving climate change (rising temperatures, collapsing glaciers, rising sea levels) are global.

But the impact of climate change is always going to be regional and local because climate is regional and local.

The same factors impacting agriculture in Australia are also being experienced in areas with similar climate patterns - i.e. Spain, parts of the US, Mexico.

A lot of this stuff is quite simple to understand if you want to understand it.

So you admit all you're doing is taking local daily weather event from the Weather Channel and mislabeling them "Manmade Global Warming"

Thank you for conceding the debate

Again -- you don't want discussion. You want unquestioning and immediate agreement.
I am surprised.

I'll leave you to the desperate excuses - though I doubt we will ever see anything to match Dave's "I won't talk about climate change impacting the farmers unless there is proof the farmer's own ploughs".

You project your own emotionalism on others, boy.

Nevertheless, the fact that you refuse to post the paragraphs from the articles proving your claim reveals much that you'd rather remain hidden.

I am surprised.

You're not making any sense, how can anyone have a discussion with you?

You took a news item off the local nightly weather report and claim it's "Global"

That's a fail

Forum List

Back