Heads up for IP participants

Status
Not open for further replies.
The I/P forum should mimic real world conditions for maximum credibility. With that being said, I think I should be able to post anything I want, with impunity. That mimics Israel being able to do anything it wants with impunity because of this country's veto in the UNSC.

I should be able to say what I want, when I want, to whomever I want and the mods will simply veto any objections by other posters. This is a burden I'm willing to bear for the good of the forum.

I'll be shocked if this results in any reasonable or rational debate in the I/P forum

At least it will be on topic. What will the Zionuts do with themselves when they can no longer derail threads to cover up the truth?

Probably the same thing the Palinuts will do...throw themselves on the floor, start kicking their legs and screaming.

HEY! How'dyou know...(ah,mental note to self, disable webcam on PC when logged in, check PC for hack code) :oops:

In my defence, however, it's only when Rude-ee posts his "Mufti was Satan" drivel in threads that are about Israelis using bats as crop protectors, and I do tend to "scream" with mirth... you even have an icon for it :lmao:

;)

Hi all,

I just want to alert everyone that as of Dec 1st, we will be moderating the IP somewhat differently, with far less tolerance for off topic derailments and flame fests that frequently derail threads in IP.

Please read: Heads up - new rules in effect for IP as of 12/1/2015 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

That thread is closed for replies, but this one is open for questions or discussion and will be bumped periodically to remind people.

Please also remember - there is nothing wrong with starting threads in the Badlands - that is really a good forum to get into a down and dirty and let out your real flamings. Folks seem to think it's a "punishment" but it's not - it's a good forum, use it when you really want to let it out :)

Part of the problem lies in how flaming and trolling, originally a negative, has become a much more neutral thing, even quasi-respectable. Flamers instead of feeling negatively about it, equate a sense of pride in it, and the site rewards it by tolerating it. Instead of the 3 flame groups being punitive, they're treated with respect. That's just positive-reinforcement for being a dick.

Another problem is that different people have different ideas as to what flaming, trolling and deflection are, so work within the parameters they know. Much of what the American posters write on here would result in a ban in the UK, so it takes time to learn a new way of communicating

In a forum like I/P -- moderators hardly look at the flames. (maybe a short giggle) -- We look for TOPICAL CONTENT. And that's what's at the core of this rule. We need to see what the topic is so that we can determine what's ON topic and what's OFF. THEN we need to see that every post moves that particular topic forward.

Under these rules -- it would be extremely dangerous to leap from a current Event to something a 300 yr old Mullah did. The goal is to end the open-ended sprawling brawls in every thread and to have structured topic conversations limited to the OP material.. If in doubt -- don't go more than a few decades from the period of time pertaining to the topic..

Like bringing up South African apartheid all the time and using it as a hammer to crack a nut ?

Hi all,

I just want to alert everyone that as of Dec 1st, we will be moderating the IP somewhat differently, with far less tolerance for off topic derailments and flame fests that frequently derail threads in IP.

Please read: Heads up - new rules in effect for IP as of 12/1/2015 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

That thread is closed for replies, but this one is open for questions or discussion and will be bumped periodically to remind people.

Please also remember - there is nothing wrong with starting threads in the Badlands - that is really a good forum to get into a down and dirty and let out your real flamings. Folks seem to think it's a "punishment" but it's not - it's a good forum, use it when you really want to let it out :)

Part of the problem lies in how flaming and trolling, originally a negative, has become a much more neutral thing, even quasi-respectable. Flamers instead of feeling negatively about it, equate a sense of pride in it, and the site rewards it by tolerating it. Instead of the 3 flame groups being punitive, they're treated with respect. That's just positive-reinforcement for being a dick.

Another problem is that different people have different ideas as to what flaming, trolling and deflection are, so work within the parameters they know. Much of what the American posters write on here would result in a ban in the UK, so it takes time to learn a new way of communicating

In a forum like I/P -- moderators hardly look at the flames. (maybe a short giggle) -- We look for TOPICAL CONTENT. And that's what's at the core of this rule. We need to see what the topic is so that we can determine what's ON topic and what's OFF. THEN we need to see that every post moves that particular topic forward.

Under these rules -- it would be extremely dangerous to leap from a current Event to something a 300 yr old Mullah did. The goal is to end the open-ended sprawling brawls in every thread and to have structured topic conversations limited to the OP material.. If in doubt -- don't go more than a few decades from the period of time pertaining to the topic..
Under these rules -- it would be extremely dangerous to leap from a current Event to something a 300 yr old Mullah did.​

The current event started a hundred years ago. It merely continues today because nothing has been done about it.

How far back can we go in history then as to me the current events started 1400 years ago when the muslim were told that as of today you will kill all the Jews and Christians because a Jewish tribe refused to accept mo'mad as the last prophet.

How far do you go with the "off topic" enforcement?

Let's say a poster goes off topic, but not too far off and it's not a flame. And a 2nd poster decides to respond to the "off topic" comments of the 1st poster. If the 2nd poster specifically addresses the points made by the 1st poster and its obvious his rebuttal is sincere and lucent, do you hand out 1 or 2 infractions?

Or is it, as soon as we see an off topic post, it is "respond at your own risk"?

Must agree here as many a time I have responded to off topic posts by others to clarify their words, is this an infraction or is it a clarification ?

I think people should pay to read my posts and I want the mod team to act as my IRS. Only we'll call it, the BRS (Billo_Really Service). Each post read shall be a flat $4.50. Any subsequent related rebuttals will be a discounted $1.75 up to the first 10, then $0.50 for each rebuttal after that (no limit).
Folks should charge our dear b_r for pissing on his drivel, of course.

Like bringing up South African apartheid all the time and using it as a hammer to crack a nut ?
Most sure those "afro-africans" out there miss and pine for "apartheid", palistanians do, indeed, that much is known, of course.

What should be discouraged is thinly disguised racism from the racists like docmauser, e.g. "afro-africans" and "palistanians". I am sure similar ridiculing of Jews would result in banning for antisemitism.

What should be discouraged is thinly disguised racism from the racists like docmauser, e.g. "afro-africans" and "palistanians". I am sure similar ridiculing of Jews would result in banning for antisemitism.
This is the thinly disguised Fascism that exists in Zionism that Einstein warned us about: that Religious Chauvinism that is a State based on faith or religion is dangerous to outsiders...

A type of Racism preached by the Nazis, i.e. a superior race exists.

This is the thinly disguised Fascism that exists in Zionism that Einstein warned us about: that Religious Chauvinism that is a State based on faith or religion is dangerous to outsiders...

Isnt that what the muslims also preach, and have it as a direct proclamation from their god. Have you read the koran lately ?

And Einstien did not warn about Zionism, that is a LIE and you cant show more than one source for the claim

... I should be able to say what I want, when I want, to whomever I want and the mods will simply veto any objections by other posters. This is a burden I'm willing to bear for the good of the forum.
That will be, most unfortunately, drivel. So sad.

I'll be shocked if this results in any reasonable or rational debate in the I/P forum
At least it will be on topic. What will the Zionuts do with themselves when they can no longer derail threads to cover up the truth?
Probably the same thing the Palinuts will do...throw themselves on the floor, start kicking their legs and screaming.
HEY! How'dyou know...(ah,mental note to self, disable webcam on PC when logged in, check PC for hack code)
Oh, quite an amount of lines of malware code in the "smartphone" camera (by design, bth.) too for our honorable challenger to enjoy, of course.

What should be discouraged is thinly disguised racism from the racists like docmauser, e.g. "afro-africans" and "palistanians".
If there are afro-americans, then there are afro-africans, of course, to say otherwise is rayciss. And, bth., bog off.

You lucky moderators are going to be VERY busy come Tuesday! :banana:

I wonder if you will beat the record for reported posts! :desk:

Isnt that what the muslims also preach, and have it as a direct proclamation from their god. Have you read the koran lately ?

And Einstien did not warn about Zionism, that is a LIE and you cant show more than one source for the claim
Why do I need more than a source bearing Einstein's own hand writing? Secondly he refused Israel's Presidency when offered...Zionism has become a Religious movement rather than a political movement, that's why there's no end to this conflict.

Why do I need more than a source bearing Einstein's own hand writing? Secondly he refused Israel's Presidency when offered...Zionism has become a Religious movement rather than a political movement, that's why there's no end to this conflict.

So you are a hand writing expert now, and can tell if the writing was Einstein's just by looking at a computer screen ?

So you are a hand writing expert now, and can tell if the writing was Einstein's just by looking at a computer screen ?

Do you think the writing is a fake? Produce a link.

Do you think the writing is a fake? Produce a link.

Why it is you saying that you can tell the writing is Einstein's without ever seeing any of his previous writing. So prove it is Einstein's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back