Not open for further replies.

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Hi all,

I just want to alert everyone that as of Dec 1st, we will be moderating the IP somewhat differently, with far less tolerance for off topic derailments and flame fests that frequently derail threads in IP.

Please read: Heads up - new rules in effect for IP as of 12/1/2015 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

That thread is closed for replies, but this one is open for questions or discussion and will be bumped periodically to remind people.

Please also remember - there is nothing wrong with starting threads in the Badlands - that is really a good forum to get into a down and dirty and let out your real flamings. Folks seem to think it's a "punishment" but it's not - it's a good forum, use it when you really want to let it out :)

Hi all,

I just want to alert everyone that as of Dec 1st, we will be moderating the IP somewhat differently, with far less tolerance for off topic derailments and flame fests that frequently derail threads in IP.

Please read: Heads up - new rules in effect for IP as of 12/1/2015 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

That thread is closed for replies, but this one is open for questions or discussion and will be bumped periodically to remind people.

Please also remember - there is nothing wrong with starting threads in the Badlands - that is really a good forum to get into a down and dirty and let out your real flamings. Folks seem to think it's a "punishment" but it's not - it's a good forum, use it when you really want to let it out :)

So will everyone be given a clean slate on that day so that we are all on a level playing field ?

Hi all,

So will everyone be given a clean slate on that day so that we are all on a level playing field ?

Yes - your prior infractions will still be there but we will only be counting those from Dec 1st.

Not before time, good move. Now this politness thing...Erm, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...I seem to recall not being called names...;)

Not before time, good move. Now this politness thing...Erm, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...I seem to recall not being called names...
That "galaxy" had a Ministry of Truth up and functioning, that ensured a safe space, free from microaggressions, for everyone, of course.

Hi all, I just want to alert everyone that as of Dec 1st, we will be moderating the IP somewhat differently, with far less tolerance for off topic derailments and flame fests that frequently derail threads in IP. ...
A wiley's idea to coyote someone. A better suggestion - deleting the section altogether. No "Fukushima" - no nothing, all facebook, kittens and the Kardashian arse. What's there not to like!?

Hi all,

Part of the problem lies in how flaming and trolling, originally a negative, has become a much more neutral thing, even quasi-respectable. Flamers instead of feeling negatively about it, equate a sense of pride in it, and the site rewards it by tolerating it. Instead of the 3 flame groups being punitive, they're treated with respect. That's just positive-reinforcement for being a dick.

"Ministry of Truth?" Oh yes, it's called the Hasbara Department, got it, thanks. :)http://molad.org/images/upload/files/37830581085043.pdf
Nah, it's most likely linked to our dear challehger's name, which, when "called", rhymed in a mucho funny way with some words of the lowest layer of the language. Like slavs, for instance, addressing a poor chinese guy (in honest, bth.) and rolling over giggling, when the latter's not looking.

Hi all,

Part of the problem lies in how flaming and trolling, originally a negative, has become a much more neutral thing, even quasi-respectable. Flamers instead of feeling negatively about it, equate a sense of pride in it, and the site rewards it by tolerating it. Instead of the 3 flame groups being punitive, they're treated with respect. That's just positive-reinforcement for being a dick.

Another problem is that different people have different ideas as to what flaming, trolling and deflection are, so work within the parameters they know. Much of what the American posters write on here would result in a ban in the UK, so it takes time to learn a new way of communicating

Not before time, good move. Now this politness thing...Erm, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...I seem to recall not being called names...;)

ummmmh...just to clarify...there is no requirement to be polite ;) I can still say "I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass" in the "Who are Palestinians" thread but I need to include sufficient content about the topic.

Insults and flames are still allowed - what we're trying to to do is enforce Zone 2 rules before threads get out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back