*Hawking Sticks Butt Out At God Again: Just STFU Idjit*

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by chesswarsnow, Jan 13, 2012.

1. chesswarsnow

chesswarsnow "SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Sorry bout that,

1. Here we go again another atheist fuck goes on the attack of the church.
    2. This brainica sits in his chair and dreams dreams, that can not be proven.
    3. He takes solace that he thinks himself to be able to think himself, out of the box.
    4. And he is seeing death rapidly approaching, and is apprehensive about what will take place in the after life.
    5. So, he is asking questions, by making kooky statements about how everyone else is afraid to die, when in reality, its him.
    6. He is wondering if there really is a God, and how he fits in if there is indeed one???
    7. I find it amusing he is just now wondering about God, seeing he should of died some years ago, and for one reason or another he has lived on, way over his expiration date, and now wonders why???
    8. He equates brains to computers, hoping that when our bodies die, all our memories die with us, he equates death with utter nothingness, and yet he wonders still.
    9. All he needs is a little push, a little light to shine towards his dark world, I think it is possible, and I hope that he is worth the effort, perhaps God will one day call him, and see if he will listen, but it could be he did get a call, but hung up the phone.
    10. People have to listen and listen good when they get the call.
    LINK:Stephen Hawking: Heaven is "a fairy story" - World Watch - CBS News

"Physicist Stephen Hawking believes there is no afterlife, and that the concept of heaven is a "fairy story" for people who fear death.

In an interview published in the Guardian, Hawking - author of the bestselling "A Brief History of Time" - said that when the brain ceases to function, that's it."

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

2. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    he looks like Bud Selig.

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,294
    Hawkings has made significant contributions to our understanding of the universe. He has lived far beyond the norm for a person suffering from that disease.

As for his qestioning of religion and it's view of the after life, for him, and you and me, there is only one way to answer that question.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. chesswarsnow

chesswarsnow "SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Sorry bout that,

1. I would have to argue he has done nothing for humanity.
    2. He has dreamed some dreams, made some outlandish sayings about the way this or that is about the universe and how it works.
    3. But boil it down and anything he has said could be wrong, and then over ruled, and re-written.
    4. So all in all, he is a *big nothing*.
    5. Don't shoot me I am only the messenger.
    6. I my self am sure that there is a afterlife, and a place prepared for me, in heaven, sure I am not perfect, I swear at times, saying bad words, which I am sure isn't all that great, but I do have faith in Jesus, and why he was here for me and humanity.
    7. And as it is written, just a little faith goes a long way, and we also know being perfect is impossible.
    8. Don't shoot me I am only the messenger.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

5. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,473
    Many people have asked similar questions about the existance of God going back probably millions of years.

That Hawking cant open his mind at this late date and honestly investigate the subject shouldnt surprise anyone, but what surprises me is that people expect something different and for some reason give more weight to Hawkings opinion than the opinon of others.

Were we discussing physics, then Hawking would be an authority.

But when talking about God Hawking has shown ignorance of a truly cosmic variety.

But he is entitled to his opinion and if he is wrong and monotheistic faiths right, then he will give an account for his life of denial, but also for his life of pursuing Truth in science, whatever good he has done and for what help he has given others.

Its the total package God looks at, as I understand it. Faith can come in a variety of forms. The atheist that loves Truth, integrity, giving comfort to those who need it and has demonstrated the courage to do what is right despite the anger and hatred of others, that atheist pays respect to God, whether he knows it or not.

For Hawkings sake I hope that all this denialism hasnt been merely a thin veneer for living a self-centered and hateful life.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,685
    Give the guy a break. It's a wonder he is still sane after being locked up in a grotesque ball of flesh unable to do much of anything but breathe and blink. He deals in unproven theories so let him rant about the afterlife.

7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,446
    Now you know how we all feel about you.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,147
    "Here we go again another atheist fuck goes on the attack of the church".

I'm pretty sure God didn't create the church, man did. I also suspect man created God (I capitalize God because I'm agostic and hedge my bet).

9. Photonic

Photonic Ad astra!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +247
    Yet not one of you here has picked up one of his books. Or even know the titles of them, I would imagine.

10. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,473
    I dont understand the point of your post.

Do you think any of us have the ability to not let Hawking speak his opinion?

Or is this a round-about way of telling us we dont have the right to disagree with Hawking on anything since he is disabled?