Have you ever heard of Republicorp?

Never heard of it before. It sounds and reads like something the Democrats have come up with as a smear tactic. My guess is it's not legit.

Really? I haven't read everything that's on there, but can you point out where they are lying about things, since you said it's "not legit?"

It's the brainchild of MoveOn.org, but is obviously written tongue-in-cheek intended to "out" the wheeling and dealing being done by Republicans with humor. But you already knew that. ;)

Have moveon, in the spirit of nonpartisanship, produced a similar site about the Democrats?

Really? I haven't read everything that's on there, but can you point out where they are lying about things, since you said it's "not legit?"

It's the brainchild of MoveOn.org, but is obviously written tongue-in-cheek intended to "out" the wheeling and dealing being done by Republicans with humor. But you already knew that. ;)

Have moveon, in the spirit of nonpartisanship, produced a similar site about the Democrats?
don't hold your breath

"Paid for by moveon.org". I love the smell of liberal desperation.

Indeed. BTW, how did moveon get a .us site?
Paid for by MoveOn.org Political Action, MoveOn.org Political Action: Democracy in Action. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action is a federal political committee which primarily helps members elect candidates who reflect our values through a variety of activities aimed at influencing the outcome of the next election. MoveOn.org Political Action and MoveOn.org Civic Action are separate organizations.

So? It doesn't imply the government, which are .gov sites. Anyone can apply for a .us website.

"Paid for by moveon.org". I love the smell of liberal desperation.

Paid for by MoveOn.org Political Action, MoveOn.org Political Action: Democracy in Action. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action is a federal political committee which primarily helps members elect candidates who reflect our values through a variety of activities aimed at influencing the outcome of the next election. MoveOn.org Political Action and MoveOn.org Civic Action are separate organizations.

So? It doesn't imply the government, which are .gov sites. Anyone can apply for a .us website.
this is the truth

maggiemae.us is available! Just $3.99
Select the domain names below that you would like to register:

Whoever said MoveOn was non-partisan?

don't hold your breath

I'm sure that the liberals on the board will agree that nonpartisan means that moveon are not a partisan organization. I await some vaguely convincing evidence that they are, indeed, nonpartisan. Cuz otherwise, I'm gonna call them a bunch of bullshit leftwhiners who are pissed that they are, in all likelihood, about to get their asses handed to them on a plate.

*The plate will be paper, cuz we can't afford the decent stuff anymore.

Whoever said MoveOn was non-partisan?

From the site: MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues.

Care to show me exactly what qualifies moveon to use the word 'nonpartisan' in the same sentence as their organization?

this is the truth

No thanks. Too late in the game for a whole website. I'll just stay here and annoy the hell out of you for nothing, except for an occasional donation. :lol:

don't hold your breath

I'm sure that the liberals on the board will agree that nonpartisan means that moveon are not a partisan organization. I await some vaguely convincing evidence that they are, indeed, nonpartisan. Cuz otherwise, I'm gonna call them a bunch of bullshit leftwhiners who are pissed that they are, in all likelihood, about to get their asses handed to them on a plate.

What ARE you talking about? Moveon has never claimed to be supportive of Republicans/conservatives/tp's. So why would their new satire page?

"The MoveOn family of organizations brings real Americans back into the political process. With 5 million members across America — from carpenters to stay-at-home moms to business leaders – we work together to realize the progressive promise of our country. MoveOn is a service — a way for busy but concerned citizens to find their political voice in a system dominated by big money and big media.

The MoveOn family of organizations is made up of a couple of different pieces. MoveOn.org Civic Action, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, formerly known just as MoveOn.org, primarily focuses on education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action, a federal PAC, formerly known as MoveOn PAC, mobilizes people across the country to fight important battles in Congress and help elect candidates who reflect our values. Both organizations are entirely funded by individuals."

Both sides are guilty of selling out to the highest bidder. Many candidates can not possibly raise enough money to be elected without corporate and special interest money. Campaign contributions are just the beginning. Once elected the legislator turns the lobbies that just happen to be the same people that bought the election for the candidate. These lobbyist don't just advocate legislation but provide skilled experts to help write the legislation. And it doesn't stop with the passing of a bill. In order for most laws to be implemented, regulations have to be written. It is these regulations that are used to enforce the law. So we find lobbyist working with the regulators and legislators that help passed the bill to insure that the regulations are written to benefit the lobbyist's client.

About 40% of the legislators leaving office register as lobbyist. Salaries start at about $300,000 plus expenses. For some, Congress is just a stepping stone to becoming a lobbyist. For others, lobbying is a lucrative respite from public life. When they run again, their old bosses become their contributors.

When someone said politics was a dirty business, they hit nail right on head.

The Road to Riches Is Called K Street - washingtonpost.com
Lobbying in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

don't hold your breath

What ARE you talking about? Moveon has never claimed to be supportive of Republicans/conservatives/tp's. So why would their new satire page?

"The MoveOn family of organizations brings real Americans back into the political process. With 5 million members across America — from carpenters to stay-at-home moms to business leaders – we work together to realize the progressive promise of our country. MoveOn is a service — a way for busy but concerned citizens to find their political voice in a system dominated by big money and big media.

The MoveOn family of organizations is made up of a couple of different pieces. MoveOn.org Civic Action, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, formerly known just as MoveOn.org, primarily focuses on education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action, a federal PAC, formerly known as MoveOn PAC, mobilizes people across the country to fight important battles in Congress and help elect candidates who reflect our values. Both organizations are entirely funded by individuals."

MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues.

That's from the site. 'Splain to me how they can use the word 'nonpartisan'? Simple question.

Great and annoying satire.

But the major buyer is Soros, and he spends most of his money on democrats.

This is better:
"When dragons belch and hippos flee
My thoughts, Ankh-Morpork, are of thee
Let others boast of martial dash
For we have boldly fought with cash
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes
We own all your generals - touch us and you'll lose.
Morporkia! Morporkia!
Morporkia owns the day!
We can rule you wholesale
Touch us and you'll pay.
We bankrupt all invaders, we sell them souvenirs
We ner ner ner ner ner, hner ner hner by the ears
Er hner we ner ner ner ner ner
Ner ner her ner ner ner hner the ner
Er ner ner hner ner, nher hner ner ner (etc.)
Ner hner ner, your gleaming swords
We mortgaged to the hilt
Morporkia! Morporkia!
Hner ner ner ner ner ner
We can rule you wholesale
Credit where it's due."

this is the truth

No thanks. Too late in the game for a whole website. I'll just stay here and annoy the hell out of you for nothing, except for an occasional donation. :lol:
just pointing out how easy it is to get a .us domain

Forum List

Back