Have you ever heard of Republicorp?

Never heard of it before. It sounds and reads like something the Democrats have come up with as a smear tactic. My guess is it's not legit.

Really? I haven't read everything that's on there, but can you point out where they are lying about things, since you said it's "not legit?"

lmao!

You people are cracking me up!

This from the one who thought that site was legit.

:)

No, she didn't. She was winding up the right.
kinda made it look like she believed it was a legit site

Never heard of it before. It sounds and reads like something the Democrats have come up with as a smear tactic. My guess is it's not legit.

Really? I haven't read everything that's on there, but can you point out where they are lying about things, since you said it's "not legit?"

This from the one who thought that site was legit.

:)

No, she didn't. She was winding up the right.
kinda made it look like she believed it was a legit site

Well, there wouldn't be much point in doing it and making it obvious that it wasn't.

But my question about the 'nonpartisan' claim by moveon is legit.

I think it is funny and as with all satire has that grain of truth to it which is what makes it funny.

It doesn't change anything at all, because Dems are just as bad as Reps. The site is funny.

Immie

I'm sure that the liberals on the board will agree that nonpartisan means that moveon are not a partisan organization. I await some vaguely convincing evidence that they are, indeed, nonpartisan. Cuz otherwise, I'm gonna call them a bunch of bullshit leftwhiners who are pissed that they are, in all likelihood, about to get their asses handed to them on a plate.

*The plate will be paper, cuz we can't afford the decent stuff anymore.

What ARE you talking about? Moveon has never claimed to be supportive of Republicans/conservatives/tp's. So why would their new satire page?

"The MoveOn family of organizations brings real Americans back into the political process. With 5 million members across America — from carpenters to stay-at-home moms to business leaders – we work together to realize the progressive promise of our country. MoveOn is a service — a way for busy but concerned citizens to find their political voice in a system dominated by big money and big media.

The MoveOn family of organizations is made up of a couple of different pieces. MoveOn.org Civic Action, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, formerly known just as MoveOn.org, primarily focuses on education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action, a federal PAC, formerly known as MoveOn PAC, mobilizes people across the country to fight important battles in Congress and help elect candidates who reflect our values. Both organizations are entirely funded by individuals."

MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues.

That's from the site. 'Splain to me how they can use the word 'nonpartisan'? Simple question.

Where do you see that? I see references to nonprofit, but not nonpartisan.

MoveOn.org: Democracy in Action

What ARE you talking about? Moveon has never claimed to be supportive of Republicans/conservatives/tp's. So why would their new satire page?

"The MoveOn family of organizations brings real Americans back into the political process. With 5 million members across America — from carpenters to stay-at-home moms to business leaders – we work together to realize the progressive promise of our country. MoveOn is a service — a way for busy but concerned citizens to find their political voice in a system dominated by big money and big media.

The MoveOn family of organizations is made up of a couple of different pieces. MoveOn.org Civic Action, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, formerly known just as MoveOn.org, primarily focuses on education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action, a federal PAC, formerly known as MoveOn PAC, mobilizes people across the country to fight important battles in Congress and help elect candidates who reflect our values. Both organizations are entirely funded by individuals."

MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues.

That's from the site. 'Splain to me how they can use the word 'nonpartisan'? Simple question.

This is on the very bottom of your link, MM. Have to look real hard as it it grey and hard to see for me. I had to do a [control]-F to find it.

MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action is a federal political committee which primarily helps members elect candidates who reflect our values through a variety of activities aimed at influencing the outcome of the next election. MoveOn.org Political Action and MoveOn.org Civic Action are separate organizations.

Immie

It's on the bottom of the page that EZ linked to.

This is on the very bottom of your link, MM. Have to look real hard as it it grey and hard to see for me. I had to do a [control]-F to find it.

MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action is a federal political committee which primarily helps members elect candidates who reflect our values through a variety of activities aimed at influencing the outcome of the next election. MoveOn.org Political Action and MoveOn.org Civic Action are separate organizations.

Immie

Thanks for pointing that out. Regardless of the fine print, I still don't think there's doubt in anyone's mind that it's a progressive organization and they really don't try to pretend to be anything but.

Yeah, I finally saw that, but as I said to Immie, I still say they don't pretend to be anything but an advocate for progressive agendas. Maybe at the time they formed the site they THOUGHT they would be nonpartisan and they've just never taken down that fine print.

Immie

Thanks for pointing that out. Regardless of the fine print, I still don't think there's doubt in anyone's mind that it's a progressive organization and they really don't try to pretend to be anything but.

Only a fool would think that Moveon.org was a non-partisan organization.

You are welcome.

Immie

I think it is funny and as with all satire has that grain of truth to it which is what makes it funny.

It doesn't change anything at all, because Dems are just as bad as Reps. The site is funny.

Immie

I think you and Maggie May are the only ones that "got it"

Just as people like Sinatra and our friend Pale Rider post links from places like worldnetdaily and want 'us' to take it with 100% truth............

Anybody can post anything anywhere folks. It's up to YOU to believe what is true or not, and use your own head to find the facts.

Satire is great, so is the truth.

Yeah, I finally saw that, but as I said to Immie, I still say they don't pretend to be anything but an advocate for progressive agendas. Maybe at the time they formed the site they THOUGHT they would be nonpartisan and they've just never taken down that fine print.

Sometimes, I think I should have chosen the user name 'Devils Advocate'.... I know they're partisan.... I was just yanking your chain.... in the spirit of the thread.

Immie

I think you and Maggie May are the only ones that "got it"

Just as people like Sinatra and our friend Pale Rider post links from places like worldnetdaily and want 'us' to take it with 100% truth............

Anybody can post anything anywhere folks. It's up to YOU to believe what is true or not, and use your own head to find the facts.

Satire is great, so is the truth.

Hey! I was trying to back you up.... pushing Mags about this whole 'nonpartisan' thing. Jeeeez, does no one ever see thru my deliberate yanking of chains?

Okay, who's not very observant?

Paid for by MoveOn.org Political Action, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

RepubliCorp | Buying Democracy, One Race at a Time

First thing I noticed. All I had to do was go to the bottom of the add.

And I'm the troll?????

That's what liberals call you when you are kicking ass!

Pretty desperate and lame liberals.

November is coming!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's the brainchild of MoveOn.org, but is obviously written tongue-in-cheek intended to "out" the wheeling and dealing being done by Republicans with humor. But you already knew that. ;)

Pretty hypocritical given how liberals raise their cash.

Liberals are just whining that it's "unfair" that businesses can now donate to Republicans.

You notice they don't whine about UNION or Chinese cash going to Democrats?

Yeah Al Gore drank too much ice tea and didn't hear where the cash was coming from?

This is what liberals call trolling or "not adding to a thread." Pointing out how phony and hypocritical liberals are in their complaints.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyone else reading TourettePalinSyndrome's posts and thinking the phrase "a day later and a dollar short" is appropriate?

ohnoyoudidnt.gif

Forum List

Back