haunted

Ghosts don't mean paranormal to me yet though. Not until I can debunk that they may simply be electromagnetic manifestations. It could be as simple as that.

Ghosts don't mean paranormal to me yet though. Not until I can debunk that they may simply be electromagnetic manifestations. It could be as simple as that.
That is what I think Ghost are basically energy, and some how we tap into it or like a recording, some energy left over a certain time place blah blah blah one might just be able to see that recording of an event that happened. *shrugs*

You're not too far off of my personal theory, Terry. I think that since we know so little about space-time, and also little about 4,5,6th, etc. dimensions, there could be a RATIONAL explanation, yet.

And by Rational, I mean non-super-natural.

I witnessed this shit. There's noone out there that's going to tell me it was imagined when I have 13 friends and acquaintances who have the same. However, this doesn't automatically sell me on the supernatural. It simply tells me there's more than meets the eye in the space-time we occupy.

You're not too far off of my personal theory, Terry. I think that since we know so little about space-time, and also little about 4,5,6th, etc. dimensions, there could be a RATIONAL explanation, yet.

I witnessed this shit. There's noone out there that's going to tell me it was imagined when I have 13 friends and acquaintances who have the same. However, this doesn't automatically sell me on the supernatural. It simply tells me there's more than meets the eye in the space-time we occupy.

and why couldn't it be your soul.

I agree GT, I know there is something and I shouldn't discount anything. I just hate it that there are so many fakes out there. That hampers any credible source or people to truly investigate. The scientist don't want to touch this with a fine tooth comb. LOL

ever live in a haunted house?

Yes. Well, apartment. In Germany.

There were several events that were reported by my family and remembered by them. The one event that I observed was this:

I was washing some dishes in the kitchen. I could see the end of a hallway and a doorway into the family room from where I was standing. I was talking to my wife. Calling back and forth between rooms. I wasn't too sure where she was in the apartment. I saw some movement out of the corner out of my eye. So I glanced up at the hallway and I saw someone walk into the family room. Since I just caught a flash of someone walking through the door, I didn't have a clear description of the individual. It was during daylight. There was no problem seeing and no doubt in my mind that I saw someone. I immediately walked into the family room (about 6 steps), expecting to find my wife. When nobody was there, I walked into our bedroom where she was. I asked if she had just been in the family room. She said no, she had been in the bedroom the whole time.

There was no doubt in my mind that this was what we call a "ghost" whatever that is. I'm definitely in the I'm going to have to see it to believe it crowd, but I saw it, so there is no doubt in my mind that this factually occurs whatever the explanation is.

I have no proof of any haunting or paranormal event but I had some cool experiences that might have other explanations.

When I was a teen my folks lived in a pretty big sprawling ranch. My bedroom was over the garage with it's own stairway and a walk-in closet with a door to the attic. The room was as big as a large family room so I had a living area with couch, loveseat, entertainment center etc in addition to typical bedroom furniture.

I had multiple things happen, including a Metallica cassette case flying across the room from the entertainment center to shatter on the wall above the couch, latched crawlspace doors opening and closing, but only at night and only when the lights were off, and knocking on the walls behind my head when I was just falling into sleep. My folks were heavily involved in their church and they had some friends come in to "pray" over the room. There was an actual wind sound at one point (I was freaked out!) and none of the issues happened again.

Definitely unusual. I have plenty of other personal experiences, but in general I believe that most "paranormal" events have a benign explanation. Not knowing the explanation doesn't make it supernatural, but it definitely makes it interesting.

exactly, I would love to see actual proof of ghosts or other supernatural happenings or beings, having proof of there actually being life after death would be a great thing.
Noose that is almost an impossible thing to prove. You have to trust someone close to you that has experienced it.

I have a story that happened to me that I think was life after death but I know others would mock and laugh at it but it was real to me. It isn't like one can take a camera to life ever after and take a picture.

the thing being the brain is very complicated, i have had experiences where i have thought i have seen things that initially i could have thought were ghosts but upon further investigation i saw that that was not the case.

why do people think that a mass of tissue could be so smart.

Noose that is almost an impossible thing to prove. You have to trust someone close to you that has experienced it.

I have a story that happened to me that I think was life after death but I know others would mock and laugh at it but it was real to me. It isn't like one can take a camera to life ever after and take a picture.

the thing being the brain is very complicated, i have had experiences where i have thought i have seen things that initially i could have thought were ghosts but upon further investigation i saw that that was not the case.

actually you do a very good job of disproving my statement.

actually you do a very good job of disproving my statement.

i meant it as a mass of tissue alone.

That's why I'm hesitant to call these occurrences "supernatural" myself. I think it's "paranormal." It's something that's happening that is outside "normal," thus "paranormal."

What ever it is, it is happening. Far too many people have had and continue to have personal experiences, and lately with the popularity boom of "ghost hunting," there is more and more credible evidence of events. I hope they keep it up, because the devices used to detect a presence and record it are continually getting more sophisticated. I think with serious attempts to investigate and understand these events, progress can be made and possibly someday, we will figure out what is... "on the other side."

Just watched a brand new show on the Discovery channel called "Ghost Lab." It's a bunch of paranormal investigators that call themselves "Everyday Paranormal." Good show. Now there's a ghost show to watch on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday night. I watch them all. I think it's all really interesting stuff.

Any house two humans or more live in can, indeed will be haunted in some way, some sort.

That is what we do.

Here in the UK, starting Saturday is an 8 night live ghost hunt on tv. Good grief! From 9pm to midnight every night leading up to Halloween.

the haunted houses are becoming rare because use to you died in your house , you weren't taken to a hospital or nursing home you died at home then you were laid out there in the home till burial day ,so if someone passed away suddenly i think their spirit though they should stay.

We just moved from a rented country house where we spent the last 15 years. It sits near the Bean Cemetery, named for the family of Judge Roy Bean. Supposedly he's buried here. The daughter used to ask "who's that guy I keep seeing in the hallway?" When she was 3, she was walking through the kitchen and stopped- looked up like someone was talking to her. She nodded her head and smiled then went on her merry way.

The front door would latch itself. It's one of those hooks on a screen door. Nothing too spooky and it didn't last long but it was all very strange.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
And don't forget, tonight on the Syfy channel, Ghost Hunters is on and they've been saying that tonight we'll something never before caught on video. Just wish I could be there with those guys, scared to death or not... what a blast!

Forum List

Back