haunted

The place I have in England is 500 years old. I've spent three years fixing it up (actually, my Dad and brothers have done most of the 'hard' work.

It's haunted.

And, I go ghosthunting as a hobby.

DAMN... I'm envious... that sounds like a BLAST! :D

My son and I did some amateur ghost hunting out in Virginia City, Nevada. I captured a ball of light popping out of one wall, going across the hall and disappearing into the wall on the other side at the Silver Queen Hotel. The place was known to be haunted by a hooker that had laid in the tub, slit her wrists and committed suicide in there 125 years ago.

Last edited:
6 miles away from me there is this house, no neighbors close by. It is said that a man came home from work and beat his wife and child to death. (I haven't checked the story out) anyway the doors are always open. The owner of the home put new doors on and padlocks only to come back and find the doors open again. Hearing this my son was curious. He went and saw the doors open so he closed the doors, then got in his car and parked well away from the house and watched it. Sure enough about 40 minutes later he saw the door swing open. He went back and searched the house and grounds nobody there. FREAKY.

No... it doesn't. However, it doesn't mean that it's NOT either. That argument has two sides pard.

So how would you describe what happened in my story above? What pushed that coffee pot out of it's heat pad? Got any ideas?

and when there is any scientific evidence pointing towards the possibility of ghosts actually existing then i will consider the possibility.

The study of the paranormal is just now starting to gain a lot of momentum. It's popularity is actually sky rocketing, BECAUSE there is so much evidence being gathered of it nowadays.

Watch Ghost Hunters on Wednesday nights on the Syfy channel. In fact they're advertising something caught on camera on tomorrow nights episode that has never been seen before, and the validity of what is captured is NOT in question. It is all witnessed and documented as happening the way YOU see it at home.

Again, to doubt there is paranormal activity is extremely ignorant.

i watch shows like ghost hunters and i listen to coast to coast at nights, they are purely entertainment, when i see someone from one of these shows collect randi's reward then i might believe.
James Randi Educational Foundation

6 miles away from me there is this house, no neighbors close by. It is said that a man came home from work and beat his wife and child to death. (I haven't checked the story out) anyway the doors are always open. The owner of the home put new doors on and padlocks only to come back and find the doors open again. Hearing this my son was curious. He went and saw the doors open so he closed the doors, then got in his car and parked well away from the house and watched it. Sure enough about 40 minutes later he saw the door swing open. He went back and searched the house and grounds nobody there. FREAKY.

better watch out terry or noose will be calling you silly.

The place I have in England is 500 years old. I've spent three years fixing it up (actually, my Dad and brothers have done most of the 'hard' work.

It's haunted.

DAMN... I'm envious... that sounds like a BLAST! :D

My son and I did some amateur ghost hunting out in Virginia City, Nevada. I captured a ball of light popping out of one wall, going across the hall and disappearing into the wall on the other side at the Silver Queen Hotel. The place was known to be haunted by a hooker that had laid in the tub, slit her wrists and committed suicide in there 125 years ago.

It is good fun. I'm still skeptical - even though we've caught some seriously strange stuff on film.

Near where I am, there's the remains of an old manor house - the house is gone, it's now just a field but in the field there are steps down into the original cellar.

On our second investigation, I was standing next to one of the guys and thought he'd tapped the back of my head to scare me so I told him off. He was a good 5ft from me and swore he hadn't moved. When we reviewed the tape, just before I turned around to tell him off, a ball of light goes past my head. It felt like fingers tapping my head. Funny!!

Also, we did an investigation at a sight of a UK civil war battle. I was filming. I saw nothing out of the ordinary. However, when we reviewed the footage, there is a man walking across the area, it looks like a civil war soldier, marching. Funny! I could post the clip but I won't bother because everyone will say we faked it anyway. That's fine - I know we didn't and I know what happened because I filmed it.

Another odd incident. We were in the bedroom of a small Inn close to where I live. I was sitting on the bed using dowsing rods to "communicate". With dowsing rods, you first establish what means yes and what means no. If the rods cross, its no and if they spread apart its yes. So, during the 'communication', I asked the 'ghost' to point the rods to who in the room they wanted to communicate with. Both rods swung around and tapped me on the shoulders. Funny!

In truth, if I didn't have the film clips of these incidents I wouldn't believe them either.

It's haunted.

This is all good to know. :tongue:

Blah, I've seen one thing but I cannot prove it so I won't talk about it. I think there is such a thing but there are too many people who fake and create a steaming pot of hogwash which in turn discredits any reliable source.

I have seen a ghost, and there were 13 other witnesses with me at the time and we all saw it. For details, this thread will have to interest me first. :)

Blah, I've seen one thing but I cannot prove it so I won't talk about it. I think there is such a thing but there are too many people who fake and create a steaming pot of hogwash which in turn discredits any reliable source.

exactly, I would love to see actual proof of ghosts or other supernatural happenings or beings, having proof of there actually being life after death would be a great thing.

exactly, I would love to see actual proof of ghosts or other supernatural happenings or beings, having proof of there actually being life after death would be a great thing.
Noose that is almost an impossible thing to prove. You have to trust someone close to you that has experienced it.

I have a story that happened to me that I think was life after death but I know others would mock and laugh at it but it was real to me. It isn't like one can take a camera to life ever after and take a picture.

i have witnessed quite a few unexplainable things, but sceptic people will always right it off.

Proof of a ghost isn't proof of life after death, necessarily. It could be electro-magnetic "foot prints" that manifest at certain points in time, crap like that, or it could be actual entities without thoughts. Who knows.

i have witnessed quite a few unexplainable things, but sceptic people will always right it off.
exactly

Here is one of mine. I was 14 years old, my father had died the year before. I came home from school, nobody was home, I went into my room, and closed the door except for about 1/2 an inch. I sat down on my bed and started to cry missing my dad. I was actually screaming out crying, saying "Dad come back I need you". Out of nowhere, I saw my bedroom door open and my DAD as solid as you and I came next to me, stretched out his hand to me and said, "Here I am, what do you need". I think looked at him and said "But you're dead" Then like if you shut off a TV he was gone. In midair! I rubbed my eyes, and couldn't believe what just happened. I tried to explain it away but I couldn't. I wasn't asleep, and dreaming. It was 3 in the afternoon and I was wide awake!

Noose that is almost an impossible thing to prove. You have to trust someone close to you that has experienced it.

I have a story that happened to me that I think was life after death but I know others would mock and laugh at it but it was real to me. It isn't like one can take a camera to life ever after and take a picture.

the thing being the brain is very complicated, i have had experiences where i have thought i have seen things that initially i could have thought were ghosts but upon further investigation i saw that that was not the case.

the thing being the brain is very complicated, i have had experiences where i have thought i have seen things that initially i could have thought were ghosts but upon further investigation i saw that that was not the case.
noose my door was still open like when he walked through. I thought that too, that I was so missing him that my brain wished him to be there. No, if you were in my shoes you would know to discount that also.

Noose,

I was in a cemetary partying, and it was a common place to party because it's "Haunted" supposedly. It's called Pinewood Cemetary, in Troy, NY. Also known as Forrest Park Cemetary. It's the top ten haunted in the US.

I was with one kid talking about how ghosts are bullshit, and then suddenly in the clearing right in front of us ALL, ALL 14 of us, a pair of glowing legs cut off at the waist, and at the ankles, ran parallel to us all and into the woods.

Anyone can believe me or not, it's not money or validation I seek or need, but we all saw it, noone missed it (it lasted about 8 seconds, everyone was aware), and they all still remember it also.

Noose,

I was in a cemetary partying, and it was a common place to party because it's "Haunted" supposedly. It's called Pinewood Cemetary, in Troy, NY. Also known as Forrest Park Cemetary. It's the top ten haunted in the US.

I was with one kid talking about how ghosts are bullshit, and then suddenly in the clearing right in front of us ALL, ALL 14 of us, a pair of glowing legs cut off at the waist, and at the ankles, ran parallel to us all and into the woods.

Anyone can believe me or not, it's not money or validation I seek or need, but we all saw it, noone missed it (it lasted about 8 seconds, everyone was aware), and they all still remember it also.

not saying this is the case but it is possible, since it was a known partying place, that pranksters might go there to play tricks on the partiers, i would not know how they would pull this affect off but i have seen magicians do tricks that seemed to be impossible to do.

it is healthy to be skeptic for I am but I do not discount anyone's experiences as nothing. I'm very open to anything for I've experienced enough to know there is something out there beyond our little minds to comprehend.

not saying this is the case but it is possible, since it was a known partying place, that pranksters might go there to play tricks on the partiers, i would not know how they would pull this affect off but i have seen magicians do tricks that seemed to be impossible to do.

lol If you saw it, you'd mock this assertion. I mean, it wasn't 20-30 feet away. It was right in front of our faces, all of us, and by "glowing" I mean, it was solid-but-see-through, and actually glowing.

If someone was pulling a hoax, they are obviously in the wrong profession.

I know it's simple to shrug things off if you haven't experienced them. Most people make shit up, you have to be like that. I demanded proof of ghosts, proof being seeing it with my own two. I got that, and better. 13 other witnesses.

Forum List

Back