'Hatred Towards Conservative Women is Last Acceptable Misogyny in U.S.'

Several were cited in the videos...did you pay attention to them? After several years of this stuff there are lots of examples. I can't help it if you choose to play dumb and ignore them. Both Hillary and Geraldine Ferraro talked about it. Gerladine wrote about it too...and was called "racist" by her own party because of it. You dems are a hoot.

Alan Colmes attacked Sarah Palin quite viciously about her being the "cause" of her baby's down syndrome in his blogs. Guess you missed that...but it was posted all over these boards at the time. He recieved so much grief from women about it... he took it down off of his site and closed his comments section.

But the media didn't treat the candidates any differently whether they were conservative women or liberal women.

ALL candidates are subject to mean politics. Male, female, conservative, liberal...period.

Blogs aren't "the media". Have you taken a little trip over to Freepers...ever?

Good then it shouldn't be too hard for you to point out the "mean" quotes lobbed at Obama by the MSNBC and CNN pundits such as Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman who both went after Hillary and Ferraro. I will wait.

Again with the pundits. Point out the "nice" things that Hannity or Limpbuagh has said about the President or Michelle Obama...both of whom coddle the likes of Palin or bat-shit crazy Bachman. I'll wait.

But the media didn't treat the candidates any differently whether they were conservative women or liberal women.

ALL candidates are subject to mean politics. Male, female, conservative, liberal...period.

Blogs aren't "the media". Have you taken a little trip over to Freepers...ever?

Good then it shouldn't be too hard for you to point out the "mean" quotes lobbed at Obama by the MSNBC and CNN pundits such as Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman who both went after Hillary and Ferraro. I will wait.

Again with the pundits. Point out the "nice" things that Hannity or Limpbuagh has said about the President or Michelle Obama...both of whom coddle the likes of Palin or bat-shit crazy Bachman. I'll wait.

Nope...I gave you examples of sexism within your own party... examples that you asked for btw. You don't get to move the goal posts in the middle of the conversation because you can't come up with anything to support your claims. Sorry.

You never seen to mind women being treated like crap unless its some right wing woman.

Different animals, TM....

women: Traditional, Conservative females

Women: Feminists

woMen: Female Supremicists.

The individuals you mentioned all fall into one of the latter two groups, which should not even be spoken of like they are meaningful human beings. They are, in fact, abominations not worthy of being compared to the first group.
....Highlighting the value of....

handjob.gif

Nope...I gave you examples of sexism within your own party... examples that you asked for btw. You don't get to move the goal posts in the middle of the conversation because you can't come up with anything to support your claims. Sorry.

No I didn't ask for examples of sexism. What I asked is how the candidates are treated differently by the MEDIA. The fact is that they aren't.

You keep bringing up examples of pundits. Do you consider them "the media"? Conservative pundits trash liberals, men and women. Liberal pundits trash conservatives, men and women.

You never seen to mind women being treated like crap unless its some right wing woman.

Different animals, TM....

women: Traditional, Conservative females.

Women: Feminists

woMen: Female Supremicists.

The individuals you mentioned all fall into one of the latter two groups, which should not even be spoken of like they are meaningful human beings. They are, in fact, abominations not worthy of being compared to the first group.

So Sarah Palin is a "woMan, a female supremicist", no more conservative than Stalin, eh?

Well, I must say, that's close to being just about the most bizarre thing I ever heard.

No....she pretty-much came-up the traditional-way......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSdFIDygFwM]YouTube - ‪SARAH PALIN SWIMSUIT COMPETITION!! Miss Alaska Pageant 1984 ...‬‏[/ame]​

No I didn't ask for examples of sexism. What I asked is how the candidates are treated differently by the MEDIA. The fact is that they aren't.

You keep bringing up examples of pundits. Do you consider them "the media"? Conservative pundits trash liberals, men and women. Liberal pundits trash conservatives, men and women.

And I showed you examples of the difference in treatment of Hillary vs Obama by the media (pundits are employed by media oranizations are they not...stop splitting hairs). Cases where these liberal media personalities were trashing Hillary in favor of Obama. You have provided nothing except hot air. Show the non bias you are claiming of CNN and MSNBC in this context...or stfu. Feigning convenient ignorance does not cut it with me. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

And I showed you examples of the difference in treatment of Hillary vs Obama by the media (pundits are employed by media oranizations are they not...stop splitting hairs). Cases where these liberal media personalities were trashing Hillary in favor of Obama. You have provided nothing except hot air. Show the non bias you are claiming of CNN and MSNBC in this context...or stfu. Feigning convenient ignorance does not cut it with me. :eusa_hand:

So what? Conservative pundits "trash" one candidate over another too. Did you WATCH the Fox punditry during the Republican primaries? Do you watch them now in the ramp up to the 2012 race? Everybody has their favorite. Nobody is being more "picked on" than anyone else. It's politics. You have to have a thick skin...it's just the way it is.

So what? Conservative pundits "trash" one candidate over another too. Did you WATCH the Fox punditry during the Republican primaries? Do you watch them now in the ramp up to the 2012 race? Everybody has their favorite. Nobody is being more "picked on" than anyone else. It's politics. You have to have a thick skin...it's just the way it is.

Don't come in here spouting there is no sexist bias in the liberal media,then refuse to back up your claims and expect to be taken seriously. It don't wash. :eusa_hand:

Neither does deflection.

Do you guys even remember how you have treated Hilary and pelosi ?

Boxer and Di Fi?

Amy Carter when she was but a child?

Chelsea?

Excuse me, but I was 14, when Carter was elected. I didn't say a thing about Amy or Chelsea.

As for Hillary, Boxer, Pelosi and the rest, the things we said about them WERE SELF DEFENSE.

You might recall what they were doing to US.

Like Pelosi claiming we were carrying "swastikas" (which the dumb woman couldn't even pronounce right) and that we had to pass the bill into law to "know what was in it."

Yeah, we just aren't allowed to say a word to that.

I don't recall anyone call her a slut. We called her dangerously stupid, and that's ACCURATE!

While I agree with the premise of your comments; that Conservative women are definitely a group that it is acceptable to attack in our society; your analogy has a major hole in it.....

Sarah Palin is about as Conservative as Josef Stalin. Conservative women are individuals like my sister-in-law.... 27 years old; wife, homemaker, mother of three; has never worked a day in her life in a "business". I'm not even sure that she's ever voted. Her wedding vows included the words..... "With this ring I thee wed. With this body I thee worship. With all my wordly possessions I thee endow." THAT is a Conservative woman. Not some half-baked, ego inflated PTA mother who can't even keep her own home in order, nevermind actually carry through on the term of her elected office.

EXCUSE THE BLEEDING HELL OUT OF ME??????????????

Are you telling me that ONLY WOMEN WHO STAY HOME AND BAKE COOKIES ARE CONSERVATIVE????????????

ARE YOU REALLY SAYING THAT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE?

Dude, I'm a stay a home mother now, but I WORKED PLENTY in my young married years.

I worked full time, took care of a baby, and a house.

I had to, we couldn't afford for me to stay at home at the time.

THERE IS NOTHING in your wedding vows that says a woman can't work and there is even a Proverb about how the good wife works.

She works both IN and OUT of the home.

Right now, I'm planning to go back to work since I have one kid who is now an adult, and the other is practically in high school (one more year and she will be).

There is nothing in my wedding vows that says otherwise and I have my husband completely behind the idea (hell, we can use the dough).

Is anyone going to even TRY to say I'm not conservative????????

You just don't know what you are talking about.

Proverbs 31:10-31 (King James Version)

10Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
31Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Conservative women don't understand the glass houses analogy

And Misogynist Leftwingers don't understand the concept of a Double Standard.

How many male candidates have been attacked with accusations that their children were not their own?

Oh yes that explains why a 12 year old chelsea or an 11 year old Amy Carter would be treated as they were by grown men

Politics is a nasty game, TM. Like Love and War it's high stakes and anyone stupid enough to bring their family into it needs to expect that their family is going to be a potential target.

I can't speak much to the Amy Carter issue, since I was a small child during the Carter Administration (I'm a 1974 vintage myself).
Holy SHIT!!

You're that YOUNG, and that fuckin' NAIVE??!!!

:eek:

I was feelin' kind o' sorry, for you....thinkin' you were some moldy, oldy fart (early '70s)...grappling with the "modern"-World....but, NOW I think you're downright LAUGHABLE!!!!!

I'm picturing......

JohnHodgman.jpg

You spawn o' ReRon are a fuckin' riot.....thinkin' you were (actually) gonna be considered HIP!! (....in the future.)

:lol:

Don't come in here spouting there is no sexist bias in the liberal media,then refuse to back up your claims and expect to be taken seriously. It don't wash. :eusa_hand:

Neither does deflection.

I never ONCE said that there was no sexism. There is sexism, racism, homophobia, etc...all in politics. What I said was is that the candidates were not treated any differently by the media (and that includes pundits) based on whether they were conservative or liberal.

Neither does deflection.

I never ONCE said that there was no sexism. There is sexism, racism, homophobia, etc...all in politics. What I said was is that the candidates were not treated any differently by the media (and that includes pundits) based on whether they were conservative or liberal.

well now that you admit to the sexism that goes on maybe you can admit to the fact that the same people who got all bent when Hillary got mistreated are the very same ones who trash Palin and Coulter at every opportunity.

Oh yes that explains why a 12 year old chelsea or an 11 year old Amy Carter would be treated as they were by grown men

Politics is a nasty game, TM. Like Love and War it's high stakes and anyone stupid enough to bring their family into it needs to expect that their family is going to be a potential target.

I can't speak much to the Amy Carter issue, since I was a small child during the Carter Administration (I'm a 1974 vintage myself). Chelsea.... when your mom is the poster child for everything that some of us believe to be wrong with American women today and you seem to be following in her footsteps, that's bound to happen. Especially when both of your parents enjoy using you as a prop for photo opportunities.
Palin sure as hell has done that with her kids.
Aw, c'mon....at least Mother-dear taught her what it take$ to buy.....

Neither does deflection.

I don't care what you "say" is supposedly true. I have read articles written by women who experienced the bias first hand,and later talked about it openly via the media curcuit (see Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Clinton). I will take their word for it thanks. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

Neither does deflection.

I will give you one example of different treatment. Watch the Chris Matthews show when he has a Liberal guest. It is all fun, smiles, agreement and a few softball questions. Then watch him interview a Conservative guest and get back to me.

That is the case on almost every show all day long on MSNBC. I call it the AOATT network since it is All Obama All The Time.

EXCUSE ME AGAIN!

But while everyone is donning sackclothe and ashes over some supposed slurs thrown toward Amy and Chelsea (for which I have yet to see a scintilla of evidence.)

Does anyone remember how Juanita Broaderick was treated? Lewinsky? Paula Jones?

It was like I was back in high school.

The SAME SEXIST DOUBLE STANDARD that feminists supposedly were fighting against WAS ENSHRINED IN PUBLIC POLICY AND THEY TOOK IT DOWN IT EVEN ATTACKING FIVE YEAR OLDS!

Bill Clinton was some "victim" of his hormones. "I mean he couldn't help himself. After all he's a guy!" Poor wittle Bill Clinton.

And the women were "nuts and sluts!"

The guy is a hero and a victim, the girl is a gutter slut!

And the same feminists who were going after sexual harrassment after the Anita Hill debacle failed to take down Clarence Thomas, took their rage on the road and started attacking five years olds with "sexual harrassment."

But the same people who went after five year olds for "kissing a girls buttons," suddenly turned a blind eye when it came to Old Billy Boy!

Bubba was a victim and feminists went so far as to write they would get on their hands and knees and give Bubba a Lewinsky as long as he kept abortion legal.

ANYONE REMEMBER THAT? I SURE AS HELL DO!

And anyone want to remember how the BUSH TWINS WERE TREATED.

Comedy Central was even doing "That's my Bush" with the Bush Twins as incestuous lesbians.

And you libs claim oppression over Chelsea and Amy?

HAR DE HAR HAR!

What selective memories you all have!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neither does deflection.

I don't care what you "say" is supposedly true. I have read articles written by women who experienced the bias first hand,and later talked about it openly via the media curcuit (see Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Clinton). I will take their word for it thanks. :eusa_hand:

There is no bias. WOMEN are subject to sexism in politics...it is not unique to one party or the other. Minorities are subject to bigotry in politics...no party bias needed. What don't you get?

Forum List

Back