'Hatred Towards Conservative Women is Last Acceptable Misogyny in U.S.'

What America has painfully learned since former Alaska governor Sarah Palin was first announced as John McCain's running mate in 2008 is that it is completely acceptable for media members to mercilessly attack a woman in print or on television and radio if she is a conservative.

In reality, not only is it condoned, it's applauded.

You can even win awards for doing so - just ask Katie Couric.

Tantaros on Schultz-Ingraham Affair: 'Hatred Towards Conservative Women is Last Acceptable Misogyny in U.S.' | NewsBusters.org

How many times have I heard conservatives say something to the effect that minorities and other previously disaffected groups like gay people with histories of being discriminated against should "move on" and live their lives in such a way as to not play the victim card in an effort to gain sympathy from others? I don't know, but it's a LOT.

Please explain to me then why it is that I'm ALWAYS hearing conservatives whine about how they are victims. Talk radio and RW columnists are constantly bemoaning their "lot" in life as if they're some kind of powerless and oppressed minority. This was even true when George W. Bush was president and the Republicans held majorities in both the US House and Senate.

Want more evidence? It's true with conservative Christians too. Are conservative Christians some kind of an oppressed minority in this country? No! Conservative Christians wield conserable economic and political power, just as conservative Republicans have in the last few years. I mean, are conservatives somehow underrepresented on the radio and in the media in general? Again, NO!

Just stop it with this victim mentality. It's pathetic. And it's not even true. You just look like a bunch of children when you do this.

After all, nobody likes to listen to people whine about being a victims when the people who are doing the crying haven't suffered anything more serious than wounded egos.

GROW UP, for crying out loud!!!

It is very funny how the Right became the foremost practitioners of victimology, especially after all those years they spent mocking the Left for it.

While I agree with the premise of your comments; that Conservative women are definitely a group that it is acceptable to attack in our society; your analogy has a major hole in it.....

Sarah Palin is about as Conservative as Josef Stalin. Conservative women are individuals like my sister-in-law.... 27 years old; wife, homemaker, mother of three; has never worked a day in her life in a "business". I'm not even sure that she's ever voted. Her wedding vows included the words..... "With this ring I thee wed. With this body I thee worship. With all my wordly possessions I thee endow." THAT is a Conservative woman. Not some half-baked, ego inflated PTA mother who can't even keep her own home in order, nevermind actually carry through on the term of her elected office.

Is this supposed to be a good thing??? When her husband gets tired of being married to a wuss, he will dump her. With no job experience she will be destitute. And you Republicans won't want to help her, right?? What a bunch you are.

What America has painfully learned since former Alaska governor Sarah Palin was first announced as John McCain's running mate in 2008 is that it is completely acceptable for media members to mercilessly attack a woman in print or on television and radio if she is a conservative.

In reality, not only is it condoned, it's applauded.

You can even win awards for doing so - just ask Katie Couric.

Tantaros on Schultz-Ingraham Affair: 'Hatred Towards Conservative Women is Last Acceptable Misogyny in U.S.' | NewsBusters.org

It is completely acceptable to criticize any elected official on their policies or fitness for office, to suggest that female politicians should not be criticized thusly is itself misogynistic as it is clear male officials and candidates are thusly criticized and to suggest female candidates should not be, suggest one believes that women are somehow less capable of defending their positions or policies.
I note of course that conservatives are unconcerned with the vicious, sometime personal criticism leveled against Nancy Pelosi or Hillary Clinton. What an obvious double standard, criticizing Sara Palin in any way is sexist, but spewing venom on Nancy Pelosi as conservative pundits have done repeatedly, is just OK.
You must realize I’m not being unfair to conservatives, conservatives are being unfair to everyone else and that’s why I tend to respond to some conservative statements with a degree of hostility.

Worth the bump... From Michelle Malkin:

The fact is, “slut” is one of the nicer things I’ve been called over 20 years of public life. In college during the late 1980s, it was “race traitor,” “coconut” (brown on the outside white on the inside) and “white man’s puppet.” After my first book, “Invasion,” came out in 2001, it was “immigrant-hater,” the “Radical Right’s Asian Pitbull,” “Tokyo Rose” and “Aunt Tomasina.” In my third book, 2005′s “Unhinged,” I published entire chapters of hate mail rife with degrading, unprintable sexual epithets and mockery of my Filipino heritage.

If I had a dollar for every time libs have called me a “Manila whore” and “Subic Bay bar girl,” I’d be able to pay for a ticket to a Hollywood-for-Obama fundraiser. To the HuffPo left, whore is my middle name.

Self-serving opponents argue that such attacks do not represent “respectable,” “mainstream” liberal opinion about their conservative female counterparts. But it was feminist godmother Gloria Steinem who called Texas Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison a “female impersonator.” It was NOW leader Patricia Ireland who commanded her flock to only vote for “authentic” female political candidates. It was Al Gore consultant Naomi Wolf who accused the late Jeane Kirkpatrick of being “uninflected by the experiences of the female body.”

It was Matt Taibbi, now of Rolling Stone magazine, who mocked my early championing of the tea party movement by jibing: “Now when I read her stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of (redacted) in her mouth. It vastly improves her prose.”

It was Keith Olbermann, then at MSNBC and now at Al Gore’s Current TV, who wrote on Twitter that columnist S.E. Cupp was “a perfect demonstration of the necessity of the work Planned Parenthood does” and who called me a “mashed up bag of meat with lipstick on it.” He stands by those remarks. Olbermann has been a special guest at the White House.

Some of us have not forgotten when liberal Wisconsin radio host John “Sly” Sylvester outrageously accused GOP Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch of performing “fellatio on all the talk-show hosts in Milwaukee” and sneered that she had “pulled a train” (a crude phrase for gang sex). (Earlier, he called former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice a “black trophy” and “Aunt Jemima.”)

Or when MSNBC misogynist Ed Schultz called talk show host Laura Ingraham a “talk slut” for criticizing Obama’s petty beer summit. Or when Playboy published a list of the top 10 conservative women who deserved to be “hate-f**ked.” The article, which was promoted by Anne Schroeder Mullins at Politico.com, included Ingraham, “The View’s” Elisabeth Hasselbeck, former Bush spokeswoman Dana Perino, GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann and others. Yours truly topped the list with the following description: a “highly f**kable Filipina” and “a regular on Fox News, where her tight body and get-off-my-lawn stare just scream, ‘Do me!’”

And then there’s the left’s war on Sarah Palin, which would require an entire national forest of trees to publish.

Michelle Malkin » The war on conservative women

I'm wondering if any of these women got a call from the president. :confused:

...and no matter what vile hate the lefties practice they remain convinced of their inherent virtue and purity. They are fully committed hypocrites.

Phil?

If the hatred is directly ONLY TO conservative women, it is NOT misogyny, it is political bias

You ought to try to learn how our language works, kid.

Your failure to understand how rhetorical logic works makes you look like a damned fool.

Phil?

If the hatred is directly ONLY TO conservative women, it is NOT misogyny, it is political bias

You ought to try to learn how our language works, kid.

Your failure to understand how rhetorical logic works makes you look like a damned fool.

Look who's talking. Try thinking that one through again, champ.

The OP is right, stop being sexist and remember that ladies are fragile, treat them like delicate flowers.
Listen politely to their "opinions" but never be critical, they just don't understand the real world and need to be protected from it.
Good points. If Sarah Palin had been petted on the head and handed a cookie, maybe she wouldn't have quit her job as governor.

If anyone makes her cry I'll be sooooooo mad!!!!

Now that the left is trying to act indignant this sounds so much like something Rush would say.

Problem is, this has been going on all along from the left, but now it becomes insulting, deserves a call from the president.

They've been insulting women on the right for years and it's been something that's socially acceptable.

Actually, the left is guilty of insulting Christians in the same way and everyone just says "yeah, they deserve it".

Fact is the left is actually teaching everyone to hate Christians, hate conservative women, and hate conservative blacks. That is what they teach in school, in the news, in movies, in TV shows. So I don't really buy all of this false self-righteous indignation.

cool... one of the most hateful women in media complaining that people are mean.

:rofl:

and no, it wasn't worth the bump.

just sayikn

Why is she the most hated? Has she called anyone a slut? Has she ever cussed anyone out? Has she ever passed any law that takes anyone's rights away? Has she ever said no to a proposal that cost jobs or raised the price of gas? Has she ever done anything to deserve this other than be conservative and run in an election against Obama?

Think about why is she the most hated.

Last edited:
I imagine Michelle has been desensitized to the name calling (as well as Rush who receives daily death threats). And my hunch is that Ms Fluke also has a pretty thick skin. She's getting her 15 mins and will profit from it. The pity party is absolute farce.

I imagine Michelle has been desensitized to the name calling (as well as Rush who receives daily death threats). And my hunch is that Ms Fluke also has a pretty thick skin. She's getting her 15 mins and will profit from it. The pity party is absolute farce.

The Wellstone memorial proved what Democrats are capable of when they find a martyr.

The Wellstone memorial proved what Democrats are capable of when they find a martyr.

Would it surprise you if I told you that some DEMS suspect that Wellstone was murdered by other DEMS for political purposes?

Let me give you the ammo used in this conspiracy theory.

1. Wellstone was a well known well liked DEM of the leaning left persuasion.

2. Many DEMS thought HIM a very likely DEM candidate for POTUS

3. OBAMA, of the Chigago DEM mafia was basically an UNKNOWN.

4. The "accident" that killed WELLSTONE seems suspicious.

PUt those factoids together and VOILA! A conspiracy THEORY is born.

It is very funny how the Right became the foremost practitioners of victimology, especially after all those years they spent mocking the Left for it.

That's the standard left-wing propaganda ploy whenever it's pointed out that the left is attacking an innocent person like a school of piranhas. Destroying people is standard operating procedure for the left.

Last edited:
While I agree with the premise of your comments; that Conservative women are definitely a group that it is acceptable to attack in our society; your analogy has a major hole in it.....

Sarah Palin is about as Conservative as Josef Stalin. Conservative women are individuals like my sister-in-law.... 27 years old; wife, homemaker, mother of three; has never worked a day in her life in a "business". I'm not even sure that she's ever voted. Her wedding vows included the words..... "With this ring I thee wed. With this body I thee worship. With all my wordly possessions I thee endow." THAT is a Conservative woman. Not some half-baked, ego inflated PTA mother who can't even keep her own home in order, nevermind actually carry through on the term of her elected office.

Is this supposed to be a good thing??? When her husband gets tired of being married to a wuss, he will dump her. With no job experience she will be destitute. And you Republicans won't want to help her, right?? What a bunch you are.

Anachronism is one of those paleo-conservatives. He's from the stone age. You won't find many conservatives who defend the views he espouses.

Last edited:
cool... one of the most hateful women in media complaining that people are mean.

:rofl:

and no, it wasn't worth the bump.

just sayikn

Liberal Dictionary:
===============================
hateful - tells the truth about liberals.

Latest victim in the War on Conservative Women: Ann Romney

New Tone alert: Libs attack Ann Romney as ‘****,’ ‘bitch,’ ‘whore’ | Twitchy

Yup its truly amazing how the same people who pretend to be for "womens rights and women's liberty" attack women, using dishonest and sexist attacks, whom have a different political ideology than the "liberal" one such as sarah palin and now anne romney.

Forum List

Back