'Hatred Towards Conservative Women is Last Acceptable Misogyny in U.S.'

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
What America has painfully learned since former Alaska governor Sarah Palin was first announced as John McCain's running mate in 2008 is that it is completely acceptable for media members to mercilessly attack a woman in print or on television and radio if she is a conservative.

In reality, not only is it condoned, it's applauded.

You can even win awards for doing so - just ask Katie Couric.

Tantaros on Schultz-Ingraham Affair: 'Hatred Towards Conservative Women is Last Acceptable Misogyny in U.S.' | NewsBusters.org

Do you guys even remember how you have treated Hilary and pelosi ?

Boxer and Di Fi?

Amy Carter when she was but a child?

Chelsea?

You never seen to mind women being treated like crap unless its some right wing woman.

While I agree with the premise of your comments; that Conservative women are definitely a group that it is acceptable to attack in our society; your analogy has a major hole in it.....

Sarah Palin is about as Conservative as Josef Stalin. Conservative women are individuals like my sister-in-law.... 27 years old; wife, homemaker, mother of three; has never worked a day in her life in a "business". I'm not even sure that she's ever voted. Her wedding vows included the words..... "With this ring I thee wed. With this body I thee worship. With all my wordly possessions I thee endow." THAT is a Conservative woman. Not some half-baked, ego inflated PTA mother who can't even keep her own home in order, nevermind actually carry through on the term of her elected office.

You never seen to mind women being treated like crap unless its some right wing woman.

Different animals, TM....

women: Traditional, Conservative females.

Women: Feminists

woMen: Female Supremicists.

The individuals you mentioned all fall into one of the latter two groups, which should not even be spoken of like they are meaningful human beings. They are, in fact, abominations not worthy of being compared to the first group.

Do you guys even remember how you have treated Hilary and pelosi ?

Boxer and Di Fi?

Chelsea?

No, I don't Please elaborate.

The individuals you mentioned all fall into one of the latter two groups, which should not even be spoken of like they are meaningful human beings. They are, in fact, abominations not worthy of being compared to the first group.

Thank you for helping me make my point

Willow have those women been treated respectfully by people like Rush and Ingram herself?

I wasn't arguing against your point, TM. I was simply providing you with the requested explaination of how a Conservative could be against the list of females you posted and not actually Conservative women. Glad it was of use to you.

Do you guys even remember how you have treated Hilary and pelosi ?Boxer and Di Fi?

Chelsea?

Sorry TM you have no room to talk. Your party trashed both Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro...recently even.

Don't lie and pretend the Dems are actually pro women. :eusa_liar:

Funny, I seem to remember a recent thread about how ugly black women are. Hmmm, maybe it was only racist?

So Sarah Palin is a "woMan, a female supremicist", no more conservative than Stalin, eh?

Well, I must say, that's close to being just about the most bizarre thing I ever heard.

So Sarah Palin is a "woMan, a female supremicist", no more conservative than Stalin, eh?

Actually, I would suggest that she falls into the middle category.... "Women". Despite her folks anecdotes and her pseudo-conservative commentary she cannot walk the talk of actually being a Conservative woman in reality. Her willingness to place herself in the public sphere, to leave her home and family for the political arena shows that she's at least a Feminist.

I don't think she has any ideas of female supremacy, but she definitely doesn't have the foggiest idea as to what her role in society should have been. The last three years prove that beyond any doubt in my mind.

A true Conservative, male or female must be able to WALK their Talk. Palin doesn't even come close. An avowed supporter of abstinance only education whose own daughter got pregnant out of wedlock, and apparently did it in Sarah's own home. A grand supporter of the idea of motherhood who leaves her own newborn with her daughters to go out and play politician running for the Vice Presidency of the United States. I'd have a lot more respect for her if she were a Democrat who didn't even pay lip service to those ideals that she can't live up to.

Last edited:

I wasn't arguing against your point, TM. I was simply providing you with the requested explaination of how a Conservative could be against the list of females you posted and not actually Conservative women. Glad it was of use to you.

Oh yes that explains why a 12 year old chelsea or an 11 year old Amy Carter would be treated as they were by grown men

Oh yes that explains why a 12 year old chelsea or an 11 year old Amy Carter would be treated as they were by grown men

Politics is a nasty game, TM. Like Love and War it's high stakes and anyone stupid enough to bring their family into it needs to expect that their family is going to be a potential target.

I can't speak much to the Amy Carter issue, since I was a small child during the Carter Administration (I'm a 1974 vintage myself). Chelsea.... when your mom is the poster child for everything that some of us believe to be wrong with American women today and you seem to be following in her footsteps, that's bound to happen. Especially when both of your parents enjoy using you as a prop for photo opportunities.

So a statement like the following would be misogynistic?

But, seriously, who really cares what Helen Thomas thinks about anything? She's like that crazed and deformed aunt (the obscenity-spouting elephant girl) one might hide away from the neighbors in one's basement for most of the year and only briefly let out, though tethered to a chain, for spring cleanings. Fortified by a stiff shot of whisky and wearing a face shield to protect the eyes from errant sprays of spittle, one would then drive her back into the dark recesses with a cattle prod while the eldest son stood by with a double-barreled shotgun . . . just in case the old battleaxe broke free of its bonds. —Michael David Rawlings​

Politics is a nasty game, TM. Like Love and War it's high stakes and anyone stupid enough to bring their family into it needs to expect that their family is going to be a potential target.

I can't speak much to the Amy Carter issue, since I was a small child during the Carter Administration (I'm a 1974 vintage myself). Chelsea.... when your mom is the poster child for everything that some of us believe to be wrong with American women today and you seem to be following in her footsteps, that's bound to happen. Especially when both of your parents enjoy using you as a prop for photo opportunities.
Palin sure as hell has done that with her kids.

What America has painfully learned since former Alaska governor Sarah Palin was first announced as John McCain's running mate in 2008 is that it is completely acceptable for media members to mercilessly attack a woman in print or on television and radio if she is a conservative.

In reality, not only is it condoned, it's applauded.

You can even win awards for doing so - just ask Katie Couric.

Tantaros on Schultz-Ingraham Affair: 'Hatred Towards Conservative Women is Last Acceptable Misogyny in U.S.' | NewsBusters.org

I heard this tripe earlier today and literally laughed out loud.

Forum List

Back